Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.1

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is my 2nd try. I've used mineral powders in the past but need something with more coverage and staying power since getting more "mature" skin. I've also become a bit drier in areas through I do have some break through shiny areas come through as the day progresses on my T Zone area. My first effort with using double wear was frustrating. I had trouble getting anyone to match me right Either too orange or pink) and I used either my fingers or a beauty blender to apply. I found that the product would crease up by my nose and chin and just did not have a natural look at all but looked more like a mask. This time I found the closest shade I could that match with golden glow compact powder by Jane Irdale, since it was a good match. I went with the shade Tawny. This time I appied it with a foundation brush, buffing it in lightly and just building on the redness by my nose and under my eyes. Looks MUCH better with a brush on me. I do not have to use much product at all. Covers my reddness great! Pores are unseen and it didn't crease up the light lines I have under my eyes. Also didn't show up any dry spots and I LOVE the finish, looks very natural without looking or feeling caked on. I don't need a concealer or a finishing powder when I use this though I do throw on a tiny bit of bye bye pores powder on my T Zone keeps me fresh all day long. Also the staying time with this is incredible! And no transferring! I feel that it does oxidize little on me but comes to a great match that melts into my skin that doesn't become orange or a funky pink. Only down side is having to really make sure I cleanse my face well at night to remove it but it's the price you pay for a product that stays on during the day, and of course the cost.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I used this foundation for a long hour event, I put on my makeup at 4 am and my makeup still looked good even after 12 hours.
This foundation works like heaven on my normal-dry & sensitive skin, though I had to mix this foundation with a little pump of my Clinique Even Better. The shade matches my skin perfectly. But the cons of this product is the packaging. I've spilled a good amount of this foundation a few times, because this product don't have a pump. But, over all; H A N D S D O W N! I love this product!

on 2/17/2018 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Best high end long wear foundation ever! Love the coverage.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This foundation is fantastic. Makes my skin look flawless and without that horrible mask like look. Plus it lasts. This is my favorite "going out" foundation.

You do have to exfoliate well and moisturize before applying, that's for sure.

One problem is that I wish it came with a pump.

on 1/31/2018 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my all time favorite foundations. It covers everything and stays on all day. The only problems I have with it is that it can get a bit cakey if you put on a little bit too much, and the packaging is annoying, as it's really difficult to get the foundation out without spilling.
I have slightly oily skin, and it works wonders for me, so I'd definitely recommend it for my fellow oily skin people!

good coverage, good oil control, AMAZING lasting power. for the first time ever I can be confident that my foundation has not run by the 6 hour mark. im just kicking myself for not getting this earlier. for reference, I am pale warm toned and 1W1 is a good match. I mix it with a bit of 1N1 on days when I want a 'pinker' look.

on 1/19/2018 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I am not a full coverage type of person in general but I purchased this for travelling to humid destinations.
I have been wearing this for over 12 months and it's been tried and tested in Vietnam. This foundation really holds up in the humidity & stays in place all day. I wear it to the gym as well.
A little goes a long way and if you have combination or dry skin, you must moisturise well beforehand.
The color selection is quite good as well, with a choice of pink/neutral/yellow undertones available. Not having a pump on this foundation make it a bit messy. I don't use a lot when I wear this, so I scoop a little out with a spatula, but if you are pouring it out, you need to be careful.

I just wished this product was made by a cruelty free company. Once I finish this up, I will not be repurchasing as it is not cruelty free. Other than that, it is a very good long-wearing foundation.

on 1/13/2018 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have super oily skin and I've been trying to find a long wearing foundation for as long as I can remember. I've considered buying this for years but I'm not a fan of heavy matte looking finishes so I was always wary, and the first time I swatched this the scent reminded me of that foundation smell of paint which I don't love . My usual favourite foundation is mac face and body and this is almost the opposite to that.
I use a hydrating primer underneath as I find its best, and if I add some all nighters setting spray this looks almost dewy so you can definitely avoid a cake face.
I apply with a beauty blender and it's generally fine but I can't seem to build this product at all, not in the slightest? I'm not sure why but I find if I try and add slightly more coverage it will disturb and remove the foundation underneath leaving me with horrible patches. It's something I've noticed also happens when I conceal under my eyes afterwards too. I don't mind too much as it's a small area but it's not ideal and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong!
I got the colour sand, which matches me well when I'm not fake tanned but I don't mind wearing extra bronzer when my body is more tanned, although I think I'm going to purchase a more warm tanned tone to match me better. The price isn't too crazy as it performs so I don't mind buying another shade as I'll need it in summer anyway if I keep using this.
The staying power of this is not over hyped at all, it's fantastic and lasts all day long. Not just a 8 hour work day, it can stay looking beautiful well over 12 hours and beyond. I tend to use a blotting sheet at some point during the day as my skin is super oily so inevitably my skin will start getting a sheen at some point, but this blots beautifully.
I can't be certain but I have suspicions that this is starting to break me out. I'm getting spots in places I would never usually get them. It's disappointing because I otherwise love this product but I don't want to sacrifice my skin for any makeup product so it's something I'll keep an eye on. I do really like this foundation so if I have to step up my skincare routine and products then I probably would but it's not ideal haha!

Overall I do love this but I am still undecided because I'm sure it's giving me bloody spots! But I would recommend this, and the hype is well deserved! X

on 1/5/2018 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am looking for a new foundation. It’s so sad that they reformulated this. It’s just bad. No coverage and it does not last. It’s a joke compared to what it used to be.

on 1/4/2018 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hell No! This looks like a mask, no matter how one applies it (i tried many ways!) it ages my normal to dehydrated skin terribly...just terrible! It is so matte and drying. Accentuates all the stuff one would like to blur. It also feels heavy, my skin looks 100% better without it on. I would not recommend. I got matched to "bone" i am an nc15, colour was close, just a hair yellow.