Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

4.1

on 1/5/2018 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am looking for a new foundation. It’s so sad that they reformulated this. It’s just bad. No coverage and it does not last. It’s a joke compared to what it used to be.

on 1/4/2018 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hell No! This looks like a mask, no matter how one applies it (i tried many ways!) it ages my normal to dehydrated skin terribly...just terrible! It is so matte and drying. Accentuates all the stuff one would like to blur. It also feels heavy, my skin looks 100% better without it on. I would not recommend. I got matched to "bone" i am an nc15, colour was close, just a hair yellow.

on 12/18/2017 5:46:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I used to use this until I switched to Lancome's foundation which I much prefer. DW is a good foundation, it provides good coverage for those of us with less than perfect skin and it truly does stay on all day. I never had a problem matching it to my skin tone,or causing break outs and it stays on well, even in heat and humidity. Overall, it is a good foundation but just a little too heavy and "flat" somehow. It doesn't photograph well, in my experience.

on 12/4/2017 11:31:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Finally tried this much hyped foundation. Luckily I got a sample and didn't purchase because it did not work for me. I got matched to the color Rattan, which matched my skin perfectly. I tried this three different times and was disappointed all three times. First used it without a primer, then with the Smashbox primer, then with the Dr. Brandt Primer and it made no difference at all. By the three hour mark, it had gathered in creases that I didn't know I had! No other foundation that I currently use (itCosmetics CC cream, Revlon Age Defying and YSL) has ever done that. Very disappointing.

on 11/14/2017 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The coverage is pretty nice. It will look good on those who have to cover up acne.
If you have a dry skin, it will make it even more dry by the end of the day.
After 9-10 hours you will see it will start to clump around the eye area.

4 out 5 because of it makes the dry skin even more dry.

on 10/30/2017 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is hands down my HG, all time favorite foundation. I have really oily, sensitive skin and most of the foundations I have tried over the years had poor lasting power and oil control (by the end of the day I'd look a total mess). This stuff is amazing, I have been using it for about 3 years now and never looked back. My makeup still looks fresh 10 hours later.

PRO's:
- lasting power is amazing, it really does stay in place all day through sweat, heat and humidity.
- mattifying; there's no need to blot or even use a setting powder.
- does not transfer
- excellent coverage

CON's:
- could not find a perfect shade match (I have yellow undertones and use the shade "tawny" which is slightly pink; I was matched by the SA)
- every time I buy a new bottle I find that the price has gone up, its now roughly $42 (US).

TIPS: Be careful of what setting powder you use as the wrong one can make this look cakey. Also use a thin layer of foundation as too much can look cakey as well.

I give this 4 lippies instead of 5 because it's starting to get really pricey, but all in all it is a great foundation.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I have normal-combo skin that has some mild discolouration. I prefer full coverage foundations because I think my skin lacks radiance, and I love the look full coverage gives me. I also have an issue with makeup not lasting throughout the day. This looks as good as when you first applied it after a long day. It has that matte, quick dry quality to it that makes it stick - but you can still blend it comfortably while applying. I would say the finish is natural satin-matte. I use a beauty blender and don't use too much product. I'm NC25-30 2W2 Rattan is a perfect match, have also used 3N1 Beige Ivory and 3W1 Tawny as well and they were an ok match.

on 9/17/2017 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I'm NC20 or NW20 in MAC. I was matched to Cool Bone, which looked very good when I put it on, but by the end of the day it had oxidized, which was a deal killer for me. As others have mentioned, it's not especially buildable. I had to use a separate concealer for spots. Again as others have mentioned it may not be the best for dry skin. My skin is not super dry, and I used a moisturizer underneath and blended with the foundation as well, but my skin just didn't feel that good, especially as the day wore on. Thankfully, I only had EL's 3-10 day trial size made for me, did not buy a full bottle. Try before you buy.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is a very nice foundation, the shades are good but there is always room for improvement. I suspected after watching some you tube reviewers and research that I was probably between cashew and 2w2, I think Rattan? they are both nice shades I can see being able to wear cashew (3w2) alone if I got a deeper tan in the summer and also alone on my forehead now, but as far as the rest of my face its just a tad dark, but 2w2 Rattan is a tad light and not enough warmth in it. I am a medium deep golden-olive shade shade and need a foundation that is yellow enough, dark enough and just a tad of warmth, and while I really don't actually need another foundation I will be purchasing both because I am used to the reality of having to mix foundations in-order to get my perfect shade (I am very picky about shade much more the formula actually). As far as long wear in a regular day it lasted fine in the dry Colorado summer but also didn't apply so much (I used a damp beauty blender) I set with my Urban Decay Naked Ultra skin loose powder in medium deep, I can see you can build this up easily but I prefer my skin to show through, I don;t have issues with texture really although my skin can be a bit dry, if that is the case for you I recommend you use a moisturizing primer before hand. For reference my skin tone I wear foundation colors : maybelline fit me dewy and Smooth shade 220, BB stick foundation 4.0 and 4.75 on the forehead, Nars all Day Luminous in Stromboli, L'oreal True Match in Shade w4 powder and foundation, MUFE HD Ultra in shade y345, Touche Eclate Foundation in shade Bd50 with a drop of yellow corrector added) LA girl HD foundation in warm beige. Hope that helps if your in the same shade range as me

on 7/10/2017 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

It's been awhile since iv been on to review all my new Summer products iv bought,but as i was reviewing the new Estee Edit i realized id never said how i felt ab this awesome foundation! In short,even the worst reviews iv read ab ED double wear,i found seemed to be quite happy with it anyway,and i will say for a girl with semi normal skin, until this year anyway,I'm now experiencing dry moments AND oily ones as of this Summer so i can officially say this is a must have for ALL skin types! When i used when i had normal skin,i used a foundation brush and got full coverage and only used my norm moisturizer and primer.. Now? Whether I'm having a cakey or oily day,double wear STILL gives full coverage! The only thing i find difficult ab it is if your a BB girl,it dries fast causing creases BUT as long you use a good brush or even a damp BB,this will help sooo much! All in all this is one of the two foundations i currently use that i can ALWAYS count on! xo