Revlon PhotoReady Liquid Foundation

2.9

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have dry skin with lots of redness. This is the only foundation that looks almost perfect, doesn´t look cakey, and gives me that fabulous glow. it doesn´t settle in the fine lines and wrinkes, medium coverage, very easy to blend, luminous finish. Cons: doesn´t cover very well blemishes or broken capillaries. At the end of the day, it fades too easily especially on blemishes but still has that healthy skin appearance on the rest of the skin. it is not for oily skin. i don´t settle it with powder all over, only where i need, because I lose the glow effect. I am on the third bottle and keep on coming back to it.

I was so into this product and was using it for year. Recently when I ran out of it, I purchased another one, as usual, my shade is Nude. The next day, like my regular routine, I put my celeteque non-alcoholic moisturizer -nit a huge fan of primer but my like this moisturizer as my under-foundation- I grabbed my new Revlon Photoready in Nude and I was shocked! I turned so Tan that like I have just been sunbathing!!! What happened!! I immediately removed the foundation and settled with my other not so fave one. Went straight to the store where I got it and inquired about the sudden change in color, and guess what they told me? Revlon Photoready came in new shades and most of them were catered to asian skin, and I was like, what about me? My skintone is medium to fair does that mean there isnt any shade for me anymore? They ended up giving me the Ochre shade which they saud was the second shade from the lightes available which I believe was Ivory. And since I am so dead for this product, bought it! The next day, tried it one and here is goes again, I looked so pale like I just got out of the hospital!!! What is happening Revlon! So disappointed. Went to the same store and told the sales rep that I looked like I am sick, not I am in search for a new foundation! Goodbye Photoready! If I will be recommending it, with the new shades they have, you gotta be very very careful, it is was too far the old one. You dont want to waste money like I did.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Broke me out in places I don't normally get pimples! I use makeup remover and double cleanse so I know I was cleaning my face properly every evening. After two days of using this I now have three large, angry, almost boil-like pimples. The pump bottle was the only nice thing about this foundation. The coverage was sheer, and did not last. I used 004 Nude for my NC30 skin.

UPDATE: after studying the ingredients list I think the culprit for my breakouts was the dimethicone, which is pretty high up in the ingredients list (3rd).

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I actually really liked this product. It wasn't cakey at all which I loved, but definitely isn't buildable; turns orangey. To me it felt really light on my skin and gave medium to full coverage. My only problem with it is that it is not long lasting at all. That's the only thing stopping me from repurchasing as a definite yes is that I think I could find a foundation that lasts a little longer. A friend of mine with normal to dry skin also uses it and it gets peely and stuff in her dry areas so I don't recommend for dry skin.

I love the packaging with this product . The color selection was okay but the product was not great. I thought this was going to have the same staying power as the Revlon Colorstay foundation and I did not like this foundation. Now the actual product gave me a no makeup makeup look but it did not last as long as Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation . It did not oxidize which is good but the lack of staying power just made me regret buying this product and I have not purchased it again since then. If the staying power was better I think I would have repurchased it. I have seen that Revlon came out with another Relon photoready foundation but I have to try it.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have dry skin and this foundation looked disgusting on me. It is super patchy on my dry spots and it makes me look like a disco ball in the worst way possible. When you apply bronzer on top of this foundation, the bronzer looks awful. However, I've heard really great things about this foundation. My sister and cousin both swear by it, but if you have dry skin, I would steer clear of this stuff.

I like the pump but for my dry skin this product just didn't work. applied very streaky and uneven. Not a fan.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE LOVE LOOOOOVE this foundation. If you like that dewy look, this one is your foundation! It gives beautiful glowing effect to your skin, blend easily and I just love it!
The pump makes it easier for you to get the product, I don't have any complain. Would I buy it again if I ran out? 100% YES. Unfortunately, for me personally, I still think that its a bit pricey for a drugstore foundation. Other than that, I just...aahhh in love with it!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The price and the packaging of this product is great (I love the pump!). It provides medium coverage and finishes with a dewy look. However, just like most of the Photoready products, it contains quite some shimmer in it, which is why I gave this product a four out of five because, personally, I'm not a big fan of shimmer products unless I'm hitting the parties. Other than the shimmer in it, I love this product and the color of this product is just perfect for my skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got given a sample of this foundation so I can't say how long the bottle lasts, or if it broke me out in the long term but here's my two cents. First of all (and possibly the biggest blunder) was the fact that this foundation has glitter in it! GLITTER! Now I don't know about you but personally I'm not a fan of glitter in foundations. I'm a person, not a disco ball after all. If glitter is your thing in foundations however, this could be for you. Second of all it oxidized terribly on me (I got the colour Natural Beige). Within 10 minutes of applying this, it had gone from a pretty good match for my skin tone to a horrible orangey colour. It also made me look incredibly cakey and unnatural, as well as feeling really heavy on my skin. Furthermore, it took about 20 minutes for this foundation to set. Overall, it gave me medium coverage and lasted pretty well throughout the day (being very oily that's a big deal) but I can't get over the glitter, oxidization, cakey looking skin and the heaviness of it. I won't be buying this.