Wunderbrow

Wunderbrow
WunderbrowWunderbrowWunderbrow

3.5

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hmmm. I have mixed thoughts on this one. I did get the wrong color, so that might be part of the problem.:;) I have finally grew real brows! lol;)) But, I still have to fill in spots. This product is OK but I wish it came with a better brush and spoolie. I would love this if I had got the dark brown, so I can create hair strokes.

on 8/20/2017 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My brows are somewhat thin and I have a couple of sparse spots. Yes, I overplucked as a teenager. I still have brows, but they're not nearly as full as they used to be. I've been able to use Anastasia Dipbrow to fill them in realistically, so I thought Wunderbrow might work.

I bought this waterproof gel based on the rave reviews, and I think if your brows are already in decent shape, it might work. The tube is similar to drugstore concealer tubes with a brush applicator.

There isn't a good shade for me. MAC Fling is my ideal match - blonde and somewhat ash but not too green or grey. However, the Blonde color looked slate grey when I compared it to my Fling pencil. The other shades are too brown. But for a woman with natural silver or white hair, I think Wunderbrow's idea of "blonde" might be a good color.

My other problem was that I couldn't get it to look natural. The tail of my brow is fuller, so applied sparingly, Wunderbrow didn't look too bad. It can become clumpy if you're not careful. But closer to my nose, at the head of the brow where I usually fill in with pencil, Wunderbrow looked very obvious (and very grey). It was just a layer of artificial color sitting on skin that doesn't have much hair beneath. Building it up for opaque coverage looked worse, very heavy and patchy. Softening the edges didn't make it look any more natural.

It does seem to be waterproof, but it came off easily with Garnier Micellar Water so I don't think it's necessary to buy a tube of Wunderbrow Cleanse for removal.

For $22, I wasn't impressed with the look and decided to go back to my tried-and-true MAC Fling, filling in with thin, hairlike strokes. The only pomade I've found so far that really works for me is Anastasia Dipbrow.

In fact, the only thing I liked about Wunderbrow was the spoolie that came with it. It was softer than most spoolies. It was excellent for brushing through the dried gel without taking it off. But the spoolie alone was not worth $22, so I returned Wunderbrow. Luckily I had kept my receipt.

I thought I would review this because the majority of the pictures on the web are of the instagram brow variety,which is probably not what most of us are not doing everyday.
I got the brunette which is sort of taupe-ish, and used the brush applicator and then used an old mascara wand to brush it in. Looked really natural ,

I will say I didn't get 2 days of wear but then I am not layering it on either, but it's better than a pencil or some of the other products

October, this stuff is great just saying

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Hm, not too convinced about this one... It took me quite a while to join the craze,mainly because I was a bit concerned about how permanent it claims to be, but also about the colour: I am using black eyebrow pencils and just lightly touch up my brows. I am also a brunette but all the brown brow pencils tend to have a bit of red and look extremely unnatural on me, but the black Wunderbrow looked a bit too much to look natural on me, and the black/brown looked slightly red...
So: after checking a YouTube video where a vlogger actually could take the Wunderbrow off with a normal eyemakeup remover, I thought this is probably not as permanent as it claims to be, so went and bought it. Boots does not seem to have the black one, and I thought perhaps I could try the black/brown and see what happens. Needless to say when I got home, I tried a bit of it on my hand, and yes, you can remove it very easily with Clinique's Take the Day Off eye makeup remover...

I am not sure how the company claims this should stay on you for so long: If, like me, you are taking your makeup off religiously every night, chances are you will remove this too. The idea of sleeping with my man and have all my makeup off but thick unnatural eyebrows does not really appeal to me anyway, so I remove it ever night with Clinique's TTDO. But yes, it won't smudge or anything during the day, but then again so did my Dior eyebrow pencil. The colour proved a real good match, though I am doing my brows very lightly first straight with the Wunderbrow brush and then with Mac's 266 angled brush which is perfect, and finally brushing them with the wand provided with Wunderbrow. I have to say the result is very polished, but still not convinced it's worth all this hype... Will probably repurchase again when this finishes.

on 7/28/2017 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm really on a fence about this product. First and foremost, it does work and does not budge all day, but definitely not 3 days like it claims. It is something you can put on before going to the beach and not worry about going swimming in it, so it's perfect for summer. However, all that aside, it's insanely hard to work with. The consistency is very patchy and does not go on smoothly, mind you I've always been using it with an eyebrow brush. It takes a lot of work putting this baby on. Another thing I don't like about this product is the color range. There NEEDS to be a color in between "jet black" and "black/brown". I will probably keep using it in the summer since I don't have to worry about it sliding off in the heat, but for the rest of the year I'm sticking to my nyx waterproof eyebrow gel.

on 7/25/2017 12:08:00 AM

I think I might have found my new holy grail, this stuff is way better than I expected! Not gonna lie, at first I thought it was a bit of a gimmick, and based on reading a lot of negative reviews and my friend telling me she hated it, I was super skeptical to buy it. However, I was desperate to find a brow product that would stay in place all day and not smudge, because my eyebrows are a bit sparse so I need to draw on a longer tail and do some filling in. I've tried lots of brow products including ABH dipbrow yet it still smudged with my oily skin. I tried it as soon as I got it in the mail, and first off the color black/brown is the perfect color for my dark brown hair and light skin. The consistency is gel-like, and it comes with a weird brush tip applicator that I would never even attempt to use, and a spooly brush. I used a small amount on an angled brush and kept building it up until it looked opaque and then i brushed it out with the spooly and they looked perfect. I must say, it does take a little bit of skill to use, but once you master it your eyebrows literally stay on all day. I put it through a couple tests, last night I slept with it on and they looked perfect in the morning. Today I sweat buckets in Zumba class, had a shower and cleansed my face and they are still there! A little worn but good enough that I'd still go in public with them. I'm super happy I bought it, it's literally going to be a life saver.

DO NOT buy the brunette colour if you are a brunette.

It is a very light brown. My eyebrows are a very dark brown.

I can't even use the product.

And I can't return it as it has been opened.

A waste.

This stuff is everything. I'm putting all my pencils and powders in the bad bin. Life has a whole new meaning.

on 7/11/2017 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

So, this is not the easiest to apply. But once there (and evenly put) it's great. Forget about the applicator, that'll only leave your browse in a mess, if you have sparse browse like me. It seems as the extremely watery consistency dries up a bit after a while, which helps. When it's settled, it stays put all day. It removes easily with almond oil, so don't waste your money on a special remover. For me, it doesn't sit over night which I would've hoped for. I'm putting my hopes to the tattoo liners now, but if they don't work as anticipated I'll definitely stick with this guy!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Since everyone was talking about this product, I decided to give it a try. I bought the blonde color. I took the advice and applied it with an angled brush and a spoolie. I did not buy their brush for $8.95. It did not stay on through my face washing that night, but the swatch on my hand certainly was difficult to remove! I caused part of the problem because I forgot about it and cleansed my face with Colleen Rothchild Cleansing Balm, which apparently is very good at taking this stuff off!. I am wearing it again today. I used the brush in the tube, and a spoolie, which I liked better. For summer, its probably a good product as it will stay in place in the heat and humidity. I think it looks pretty natural, and filled in my bare spots well. I am going to continue to wear it and see if I don't put cleanser over it, how it will wear. I would like to not have to do my brows every day. I am in the process of having them microbladed, and that might solve the issue anyway. The blonde color in the product is a good match to my light blond hair.

Popular Brows Products