Thierry Mugler Alien Essence Absolue

Thierry Mugler  Alien Essence Absolue
Alien Essence Absolue

4.5

on 4/30/2014 6:10:00 PM

Chalk me up with the rest of the enthusiasts of this lovely scent. I like Alien, so I love this sweeter version of it. This is my kind of scent. Not for everybody, and that is its best recommendation, IMO. I won't describe it since others have already done that very well. On me, this is definitely honey (which I love to wear as much as I like to eat). It reminds me a bit of Serge Luten's Miel de Bois, but this one is more complex, a bit greener. In short, a beautiful, elegant, grown-up scent. And BTW, for those who can't tell the difference, grown-up is NOT the same as 'old.'

Yesss!!!!! This is elegant,white jasmine,ambery vanilla,without being sweet,it mixes very well,i dont like jasmine but this is so good guys!!best version of alien,well done mugler

This is one of my top favorites perfumes ever! I absolutely love it.
To me it smells like a creamy, sophisticated, delicious, sweet ice cream.
Is my favorite Alien for sure. I will definitely buy it again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Oh my god, if you love vanilla based fragrances, one whiff of this and you will become OBSESSED with it, It's intoxicating. I was sprayed by one of those perfume chuggers in Selfridges and I had to go back the next day and buy it. My only gripe after going through a couple of bottles is that the perfume oils seem to erode and clog the nozzle over time, and it stops working properly but you can get replacement nozzles and bottle tops in store for free.

This is my favourite perfume of all time - nothing comes close, except perhaps Lancome Hypnose but that is a very light and safe version and nowhere near as chocolatey and heady.

on 3/21/2014 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

omg. I love this fragrance. beautiful. not as strong as alien. I layer it with vanilla oil to make it sweeter. my new favorite. Will buy over and over.

on 12/20/2013 3:32:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Alien Essence Absolue is a divine fragrance with a sexy vibe. It is not as in your face as Alien in the purple bottle but it is not a fragrance that can easily go unnoticed. I get Amber, Vanilla, Oud and Sultry Spice. The longevity is decent and the sillage is on point. Long after everyone else smells this on me I can smell myself wrapped in this fragrance almost like it is my sexy dirty little secret.
The bottle is perfection.
For reference I own, wear and adore Alien, Alien Taste of Fragrance, Angel and Womanity.

on 12/19/2013 8:37:00 PM

Smooth rich root beer... No trace of Play-Doh. This does not smell as purple to me as much as the other Aliens I have tried. I find this much more wearable than Hypnotic Poison.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This is one of the most beautiful bottles I've ever seen. If you need convincing, wrap your hands around its voluptuous rear end. It's heavy and petal-leasing, like ripe glass forbidden fruit.
Scent-wise, the main note I get in this is the same tobacco that's in Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille. There are two scents I have found this note in, other than the sugar daddy himself, the other being Viktor & Rolf's Spicebomb. The backdrop of this glorious main star is the purple, pulpy powderiness of Dior's Poison. It shouldn't work, but everything melds together very well.
This is not a wallflower scent. It's a big, buxom BOOM scent. The trail you leave is a fruity, woody, cigaretty jasmine. Impressive.

I REALLY didn't need another perfume. My collection stands at over 30 which I'm aware is ridiculous! But seeing my original Alien ran out, I decided I would see how this one compared. Upon trying at a department store I was in LOVE. Alien could be a little unwearable at times even though I adored it, this is its more wearable sister. First spray is Alien but slightly warmer, very shortly after though a beautiful vanilla note starts to appear and it is so delicious! Bottle suits it perfectly, its warm vanilla sunny goodness but still retains some uniqueness, paying homage to the original. Only thing is I wish it had more sillage and a bit better lasting power (on my skin anyway), but its just gorgeous - a must try!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I seem to be in the minority here, but I strongly dislike this fragrance. It smelled promising from the bottle, but on my skin it was a different story. Perhaps it is because I gravitate towards gourmand scents, I don't like amber, or it just doesn't work with my body chemistry. Luckily, I only tried this on at Macy's and I didn't purchase it. I remember being in a mad rush to get home and wash it off my arm. I prefer the original Alien by miles. I will not purchase.

Popular Fragrances