Covermark Covermark

No Image

3.6

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

It is pretty good product. The only thing is that many of the shades are too pink. I experience is that all concealers, no matter what color your skin is, must have a yellow-brown base. Pink just does not work, period.

on 11/9/2004 5:50:00 PM

Thank god I bought the samples only. I'm a vey tanned girl and none of these concealers matched my skintone. They were to light beige or to rose biege. Plus they did not last all day. So now I use the rose beige as a primer for my lips...go figure.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have only used the samples so far and I'm totally bought. If you're acne-prone and have probs w/serious red marks/scars, you'll really like this stuff. It covers COMPLETELY. When I ordered samples from the Covermark website, they sent a few diff. colors to try. But since I always wear foundation over my concealer, an EXACT match really isn't a major concern of mine. It ends up blending just fine in the end result. And this is one concealer that will stay put. It doesn't budge while blending my foundation over it, doesn't budge in this 90-something degree heat, and by the end of the day, you still have the same coverage you did when you first applied it. My samples came in little clear plastic pots w/twist on lids. I moisturize well, apply with my finger and blot it on until it blends. Not the kinda stuff you should rub in, the coverage won't be as good IMO. I don't need it as much anymore since my face is looking a lot better these days w/just minor redness here and there around my nose. But when I have a serious breakout, this is what I'm grabbing for first. My samples are lasting forever it seems. =)UPDATE: Make sure you moisturize enough before using this..ugh...I wore it the other day to conceal a red mark left by a previous zit & for some reason about an hour later I checked in the mirror and found it peeling off! I felt so stupid. So the icky-picker I am would rather peel the damn skin off than walk around w/it just hanging there. Yep, it turned out to be a very bad m/u day for me after that. *sigh* It was a lose-lose situation I guess. Lesson learned: moisturize well before applying. Still a good product though.

on 8/24/2003 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a stick concealer. Which is nice since its much more convenient, hygenic and easier to apply than pot concealers. And its not drying at all, it does settle into lines which concealer/foundation doesn't ? Even it settles into those fine lines under my eyes I think its acceptable, at least it doesn't make then show up even more, doesn't dry them out, doesn't streak nor smudge. Superb staying power. Medium coverage, can cover blemishes/acne/ance mark etc. but not my extremely dark undereye circles. I guess I'll have put on a tons of layers to completely hide them but it will end up looking thick and stuffs. ( I"m not saying its thick, 2-3 layers won''t appear thick but I guess I need 5-6 to cover them ) Best to apply with a sponge, fingers won't work. If applied properly it simply melts into your skin and no one will have the slightest clue that you've applied concealer. Its not a huge tube, but I guess it'll last forever. I will not re-purchase, it has nothing to do with the product itself, I simply want to try something new, something even better, I'd like to try Cle de Peau, I've heard its much better than Covermark, but there's a price to pay, CDP cost US$100. If I could't afford CDP, I'll stick with Covermark.

I used Dermablend for years to cover hyperpigmentation caused by blemishes - I never could get an exact color match for my skin. I called Covermark and they were extremely helpful and generous with their samples. I found an exact color match. It is creamier and easier to apply and blend than Dermablend and looks much more natural. You might need a few coats (I buff between coats as recommended by the the SA) depending on the severity of the hyperpigmentation. It works beautifully. I highly recommend this product and will be repurchasing many times. And a big thank you to Barbara of Covermark for her advice and help!

on 10/12/2004 11:02:00 AM

This is a wonderful product to conceal a birthmark or any other marks, i.e. scars. Have been using this for a number of years.

on 11/3/2002 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is by far the best concealing product I've tried and I've tried just about all of them! Last week I received a sample of Dermablend, tried it... hated it! I felt like I had cake on! Could not wait to get it off! Covermark is great because you can wear it all day and it feels natural, plus your "problem areas" don't cake or crack.
I was concerned with this type of concealer/foundation aggravating my acne prone skin but I had no problems whatsoever! Dermablend made my pimples worse!
I totally recommend this product for people out there, like me, who have scars, blemishes or uneven skin tone.