Lancome La Vie Est Belle

Lancome La Vie Est Belle

3.6

on 12/17/2017 11:24:00 PM

This purfume is horrible. The smell would turn really bad after an hour or so. Returned bottle.

Awful cloying cheap smell. Very strong and overpowering. I tried a sample and couldn't wait to scrub it off.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

My first experience with this fragrance was on an elevator. I had no idea what perfume it was then, but I had to get off that elevator and take the stairs! The woman who had doused herself in this fragrance got on and sugar bombed the place, I couldn't breathe. I generally don't mind sugary/gourmand scents, but this one I can't stand. I finally discovered the name of this scent when I had lunch with my brother and his GF. Of course she was wearing this and a lot of it. Couldn't even smell the food on the table, just candy floss and burnt sugar. This is a vile brew, and as luck would have it I work with 3 women who wear it. I can't escape it, but I long for the day when it gets discontinued!

on 12/10/2017 1:45:00 PM

HIGH ALLERGEN/ASTHMA WARNING

This perfume actually gave me chemical pneumonia. It is horrid. It fills the room and does not disperse for hours. I can walk into a room and immediately know if someone has it on. Instant allergic reaction complete with puffy face, clogged sinuses, irritated throat, and fluid in lungs. I hope they stop making it.

on 11/13/2017 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff so much. Have been looking for a new (for me) perfume to replace my coco mademoiselle because I was just looking for a change. Took years and now I'm set. Wears all day and is good for day or night.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE realize how horrible this fragrance smells to those around you. I'm not sure if there is "anosmia," or lack of smell to a certain chemical after exposure, but this perfume is so popular. As a registered nurse who sees 10 patients a day, I can tell you that when women come in with this one on, I almost have to put a mask on.

It is the overuse of an aromachemical that I am imagining Lancôme uses as a "blackcurrant" note; a bitter, somewhat herbal topnote that never goes away with this fragrance. To those around you, this note smells like insecticide. Since your nose is blind to this note, you spray on more, thinking you smell pretty and sweet. Please take my advice and make sure this perfume is discontinued quickly so that no one ever has to smell it again. I'm that serious.

on 10/23/2017 6:58:00 AM

I’ve tried this several times since I keep getting samples. If you’re sensitive to patchouli you won’t like this. I don’t think this is as universally appealing because of that patchouli.

It does last and packaging is nice.

Love it ! Nice for young ladies

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

While trying the sample I thought it smelled sweet, a little bit too sweet but then I thought that strong sweet scent is youthful and suits winter time well...boy was I wrong!!!!
I'm not a fragrance expert so I'm not sure which ingredient is responsible, apparently it's patchouli but after an hour in my work place I noticed that I'm starting to smell like those heavy smokers who smoke a full pack in their car with windows all up! The sweet smell was totally vaporized and all that had remained was this terrible cigarette stink. Worse is that it lasted all the day long and had I not washed my clothes the same day I'm sure they'd keep stinking like that.
When I read others' reviews I found out that there's many people with this problem advising to avoid going under sunlight, warm places or crowds wearing this but considering it's a winter perfume and unless you decide to stay outdoor all day alone, you can't wear it at all. Because there's always some sort of heating system indoor or there's party with lots of people etc...
This was one expensive purchase I seriously regret. Wouldn't buy this or anything with patchouli ever again.

on 8/29/2017 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

If you love this scent or sweet patchouli based fragrances, this is a great purchase. It lasts FOREVER and it's super strong. Even when I just put a little drop on my wrist and neck, I could smell this all around me, all day. I'm assuming others could as well, so that's something to consider. This could be easily overdone, so I would build up depending on your taste and avoid spraying on clothes.

For me personally, this made it quite cloying and I got tired of it. It has a super sweet, synthetic smell. I was hoping the patchouli would make it more natural, but this is definitely a perfume vs. a skin scent. Also - A LOT of people wear this as their signature scent.

I see this as a party, wedding or bedtime fragrance vs. an everyday office scent where you might offend some coworkers if you overdo it. Overall, a beautiful, high quality scent, but try to take it for a test drive to see how it wears on you!

Popular Fragrances