Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB, Light/Medium

3.2

This was an unexpected love for me. I bought the Light/Medium color, which works well for my NC20/25 skin. I have combination skin that is relatively smooth, but does have some hyperpigmentation from some pregnancy acne spots.

The finish of Dream Fresh is satin-skinlike, and I love that it goes on sheer but evens everything out and can be layered. And my favorite part is that it has 100% mineral sunscreen.

I use this with the Age Rewind concealer, and I'm good to go. I do have to blot after a few hours because I don't finish with powder, but that is a minor inconvenience.

Overall, very happy with this and would continue to repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Over the years, I've been disappointed to see my go-to TMs with physical sunscreen discontinued time and time again, or the formulas changed to add chemical sunscreens I can't use on my face. There aren't that many products like this, and the hunt for them has taken me all over the place: Sephora, Ulta, department stores, doctor's offices, specialty stores, even hair salons and sometimes only online. The drugstore has always been the dead zone.

So what a surprise to find a really good TM with physical sunscreen in the drugstore by MAYBELLINE! I read a new product review of Dream Fresh somewhere, where it was described as reformulated with better ingredients, and titanium dioxide as its only sunscreen. This is exciting news in my world, and I went out to get it right away. The cardboard display had a range of shades. I got the lightest shade, 100, for less than $10, and took home a great new BB cream. How nice to have a real drugstore option, easy to find *(see note below), easy on the budget! I really like this stuff. The color is just right for me, having enough "life" in it without skewing orange or peach. It is creamy but sheer, and polishes up my skin without masking it or covering it with sparkles. I have rosacea, and I like to just even out the redder portions. I'm not trying to look like airbrushed perfection, just like someone who naturally has nicer skin than I really have. And if I can get a little dewy/glowy thing going with it, all the better, as my 20s are long gone. I didn't realize how nice this was on me until a friend stopped in her tracks and kept complimenting my skin. I looked in the mirror (which of course I avoid like the plague) and thought, she's right. I'm having a "good" day, and it has to be the Maybelline BB cream, the only "different" thing. Using it regularly has not clogged my skin at all. If you have rosacea, or sensitive skin issues, or just want a sheer tint with gentle sunscreen, don't let the brand or price throw you. Give it a try! I hope it works for you, too.

*Update: I have to take away at LEAST a star. The initial product rollout had 5 or more shades, but searching (and I mean searching) for a second tube, I'm discovering that the standard acrylic store display only stocks the middle three shades. It's as if those other shades no longer exist! What a shame for those of us of on either end of the spectrum. To me, the advantages of buying a mass market brand like Maybelline (besides price) are easy availability and frequent turnover of product. I'm not about to order this online.

I am very happy with this product! It is sheer on me, but that is ok. It blurs imperfections, and doesn't really feel like I have any makeup on. I was using Femme Couture CC cream from Sally's, but that stuff was very heavy and never really dried.. just kind of sat greasy on my face. So I am happy to have a new product. I have it in Medium, which is just a tad too light for me in Summer, but that's not the products fault! I will definitely rebuy this even though there isn't much in the tube.. why only one oz? Why are bb and cc creams so $$?

I'm confused about the ratings, as this product DEFINITELY has a noticeable effect on the skin. It just still looks like skin is all. This is the product I use on a daily basis instead of foundation. I think I happen to have skin that can't take a lot of makeup, since putting on the tiniest bit of foundation+concealer+powder+rest of eye and cheek makeup ends up looking extremely cakey. I have many high end foundations (Nars, Chanel, Tarte, MUFE, Estee Lauder etc.) and every foundation looks too heavy on my face in fluorescent lighting. But this product is beautiful! And unlike a lot of other tinted moisturizers and sheer foundations (face and body type foundations), it is not sticky, oily, overly thick or thin. It feels like like a creamy moisturizer, and has no obnoxious smell. The best thing though is the effect on the skin. Worn alone, you can't tell that you have makeup on, but comparing one side of the face with this on and the other side, this product just makes the skin look better, evens out red patches and makes pores look a lot smaller! It obviously is not going to be high coverage, or make pores disappear, but looking in both natural and fluorescent lighting, my skin looks more even and the texture looks a LOT better. Best part is that I can put concealer over top if I want coverage on blemishes or dark circles and it doesn't look heavy. Normal foundations I find it hard to layer concealer or powder on top of, and not have it age my skin (I'm 21 y/o). I wear this for events as well, because the effect is just so beautiful. I have combination skin and it does not cling to dry patches, it helps them look a LOT better and less noticeable compared to moisturizer alone. If you just want your skin to look better, especially in unflattering natural light, this alone is great..even up close it is very hard to tell you have product sitting on the face. For everyday makeup, when you do want coverage, this product works beautifully under a lovely textured concealer (like Nars Creamy Concealer).

Downsides are really to be expected...because it's a tinted moisturizer, it is not going to be long lasting. It actually lasts quite well considering it's natural-dewy texture. I get about 6-8 hours, and it doesn't wear funny. In fact, as it wears off, it looks better than most other foundations do when they wear off..it doesn't all of a sudden get patchy, or oxidize. It stays in tact longer and looks much better at the 6 hr mark with a finishing spray. Also, it is not a mattifying product, so it'll be hard to use for really oily skin. It doesn't bother my combo skin since I also have dry patches that most foundations cling onto a little, but it can look a tiny bit shiny in the T-zone. A little powder fixes that, or even using a concealer like Tarte Shape Tape that's matte. Lastly, they reformulated it and changed the shades recently... I wish they wouldn't have gotten rid of the SPF! otherwise the texture is near identical.. not a great shade selection on the light spectrum of things though. I use the lightest shade Light in the new version, where as I used to use the second lightest before the change. For reference I'm a bit darker than NC20, I'm shade 20 Beige in Chanel vitalumiere aqua, and Nars Creme Brûlée in their creamy concealer)... In the summer I use Light-Medium (and it is noticeably darker)

Also a lovely price...although personally I am willing to shell out money for base products, and this one truly beats every high end product I've tried (my favourite actual foundation is the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua...close second but too heavy for everyday). If you have a problem with things looking too cakey or have dry patches, give this one a try...even if it doesn't work, I think it's only like $8CAD

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't mean to be blunt... but this product was a HUGE fail for me. It oxidizes, emphasizes texture, makes me look greasy and i swear it breaks me out as well. I am a believer however that just because a product doesnt work for someone, doesnt mean it doesnt work for anyone... so i passed it along to my friend and she loves it. Its all about your skin type. If you have oily, acne prone skin this probably isnt the best option for you. If you have good skin to begin with and just want a little extra coverage then this may be the product for you!

I heard a lot of hype about this product and decided to try it. It blended absolutely fine and actually left a pretty, slightly dewy finish. Which I like, as my skin is a bit dry. I also like the amount of coverage this has. This is the perfect tinted moisturizer for people who like TMs with just enough pigmentation to smooth undertones and blur blemishes, but not so much so that it looks fake. I am a fan of natural-looking makeup bases. Anyway, I gave this three stars because it did nothing to help the dry patches on my face, which was the reason I bought it.

This has only five color options but fortunately I matched one of them.

on 4/19/2017 12:18:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I bought this for days when I'm wearing little makeup and just want to look a bit better than no makeup. I put it on one side of my face and saw no difference from the bare side. Basically did nothing. Returned it to store. Sorry it didn't work out. Reviews were good and price was great. But pretty useless for me. I suppose if you wanted to buy a shade darker for summer to give yourself color it might work but if you're matching your skin color, for me it didn't do anything to blur or cover imperfections.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have larger pores and fine lines, with occasional dry patches. For these reasons, sheer, American BB creams have been useless because most formulations consist of pigment suspended in silicone which just seems to deposit the pigments on my face's texture imperfections. I've been forced to use full coverage Asian BB creams and spend extra time blending and sheering them out. For *whatever* reason, this product is unlike any other sheer/tinted moisturizer I've tried, it works so well! Sometimes I really don't want to look like I have foundation on, and yes, this is *sheer* and doesn't cover eveything. It just provides spf and an overall more healthy look. But it never deposits anything where it shouldn't, which makes it a great formula if you have similar skin concerns. It is not mattifying for oily skin, but does not promote oiliness either. Blotting or powdering occasionally is still necessary, but I am very oily regardless.

on 4/18/2017 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Did some research on BB creams since I wanted something light for hot summer days with SPF in it. The reviews for this seemed pretty well so I bought it to try. I've only used it 3 times already and it looks like it's making me break out. I like that it's super light and did an ok job evening out my skin tone. I do have acne prone/combination skin and this doesn't seem to fit for me. Will not be using anymore. Back to the drawing board lol.

on 4/13/2017 7:48:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This bb cream is great, it has just the right amount of pigment, is moisturizing, but not greasy at all. Like any foundation that I use, I pick a shade that's just one shade lighter than my skin tone, that gives me a fresh, clean-looking glow. It brightens my face instead of looking "off". Maybelline may have discontinued the "fair" color (I can't find it), and replaced it with med/fair. I can't really tell the difference, it works well too. This cream is slightly buildable, too, without making you look over-done. It has 30 spf which is a big plus, and no matter how close I get it to my eyes, it doesn't irritate them.