Torrente- L'Or de Torrente

Torrente-  L'Or de Torrente

3.4

on 5/10/2009 5:22:00 PM

I was directed to this product after doing a search for something similar to Mira Bai. Even though this does not smell like it at all, it still has the foody/gourmand elements that are appealing to me. This is more floral than expected but very rich foody elements that I love. This is longer lasting than Mira Bai and the sillage is so much better. I think neferttiti's review described my feelings as well.

And the bottle is beautiful!!!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Lately I've been augmenting my supply of this with swapping, because it's so wearable. I've gotten compliments from men ("very fresh smelling") and can wear it to the office without being concerned that people will be put off. The roses in this are very subtle I'd say, and I don't get much powder (I don't like powder).

Another reviewer said this was like Mira Bai, and kind of like Light Blue, which are both in my collection and favorites. If you buy this and don't like it, email me for a swap!

on 12/23/2006 9:02:00 AM

I so wanted to get the coffee notes in this scent. The bottle is very pretty, the scent lasts a long time. At first it smells like Hillary Duff's With Love & Avon's Extraordinary, but then it drys down to a powdery rose with woody notes.

on 4/20/2006 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great smelling stuff, rather unique. Coffee and baby roses in a cream base. Comforting and safe.

on 4/17/2006 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

smells just like Chopard Mira-Bai. Sweet & exotic. I have difficulties describing this scent, but both make me think of mediterranean summers, spanish temperament, spicy oranges, sangria. I don't think it has any of those ingredients though... Summer evening scent I'd say, but I wouldn't wear it.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am so sorry, but I can not really describe what this fragrance smells like to me - it is just so unique, that it is too difficult for me! :) But OK, I will try: I can smell something sweet (vanilla probably) - but I dont think this is winter scent, it is too light for cold weather. Then I can smell something fresh - I have no idea what could that be. And thats all I can smell.... But result is very INTERESTING - I guess this is the most interesting and unexpected fragrance I have ever tried. I can not really decide between giving 4 or 5 lippies, but I give 5 because of beautifull bottle :)

on 1/8/2005 1:14:00 PM

I don't smell any coffe in this at all. I agree with the reviewer who compares it to Burberry and it also reminds me a little of D&G "Light Blue" but creamier, and also of Joop "All About Eve".

I love the bottle as well!

on 2/23/2005 9:08:00 AM

I can't believe I haven't done this review yet, since I love this scent so much. The first bottle was a total whim purchase at an outlet--one quick spritz on a cotton ball, no waiting, no drydown, just give it to me now. It was a summer afternoon at my Nana's house in a bottle--fruit, fresh roses, strong coffee with a lot of real cream, freshly mown clover (she didn't have grass, she had clover for her yard), the scent of the morning's baking still in the kitchen, all surrounded by an old house and Nana's Tabu. I don't usually have such visceral reactions to scents, and I didn't even know how it would smell after a few minutes, but I had to have it. Fortunately it never fails to garner compliements when I wear it. This was the beginning of my coffee search.

Thankfully, it is beautiful on me. I just skip the fruit phase and go straight to coffee, held together with woods. Love it and will never be without it!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This fragrance is so beautiful and haunting, best suited for fall or winter weather IMHO. It's what I would consider on the borderline between green floral and gourmand, the same type of fragrance that Noa by Cacharel is. It has a green note (Angelica) which I love, and is centered around a rose heart, with a distinct coffee absolute note that provides an wonderful gourmand character, along with the vanilla. The cedar is very evident in the base; it combines well with the coffee and the angelica, rose and vanilla. I can't stop smelling my wrist, it's that good. I tend to like fragrances that not everyone does; but I like what works for me. This does.
The bottle is absolutely stunning, it will be the prettiest one I have now, and that says a lot.

on 2/14/2006 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I don't know very much about the notes that make up perfumes, so I can't get too technical in my review...however I had to rate this perfume because it's my all-time favorite. I smelt it for the first time on a sample card in a magazine and got it for christmas two years ago. The gold bottle it so pretty and the perfume, I cannot do it justice. I recommend that you try this out for yourself if you are looking for something sensual, not really flirty. This perfume is wonderful.

UPDATE: 2012- This is still my all time favorite perfume. 6 years later. I have never had any of the 'coffee' scents that others have noted. It's not fruity or foody. It smells very appropriate for a 20s women (which I am). This is nothing at all like red door or donna karen or anything heavy which I'd imagine an older person would be used to. Also; I can only order this from amazon. I don't see it sold in stores :)

Popular Fragrances