Physicians Formula PH Matchmaker Lip Gloss

No Image

4.1

on 10/20/2012 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

After the glossy aspect of this product fades I am left with a slight blush color on my lips that I like. It's not a bad little gloss, however I would recommend purchasing it with a coupon/discount.

on 9/24/2012 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I normally don't wear lip products unless it is a special occasion; I don't really see the point in wearing something that needs constant re-application, can look garish, might smear or end up on my teeth. However, I recently traveled out of state to visit my boyfriend and decided I could at least *try* to look nice. Somehow, I stumbled upon a few blog reviews of this and decided to give it a shot. I purchased the 'Light Pink' shade and feel that it was plenty bright for my neutral light-medium skin. The shade was rosy and vibrant, but not over the top. You could tell I was wearing something on my lips but it didn't look overdone. The formula applies smoothly and is NOT sticky, a huge plus in my mind. As other reviews also mentioned, when it fades it leaves an even stain to the lips so while they may no longer be glossy, they are still pink and pigmented. Moreover, some people might find the packaging gimmicky, but I actually appreciate the mirror and the light. Actually, I used the light and mirror to apply this in a dim bar the other evening...probably tacky but eh. It was more convenient than fighting my way into the overcrowded ladies' room. Price wise, PF products are known to be pricier than standard DS brands but personally, I think the higher quality is worth the price. Plus, you can frequently find their stuff on sale at places like Ulta and Target.

on 6/12/2012 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I like the packaging more than the product.. but it is a fair clear pink lipgloss.

WoW, this lip gloss is a LOT better then I thought it would be!
Packaging wise, LOVE it! I love that it has both a mirror AND a light, which makeups touch ups super easy no matter where you are!
I love the color of the gloss, it's the perfect hot pink on me, but I honestly don't know about the whole "it changes to match your skin" as I haven't tried it on anyone else. But...best of all, once the gloss has rubbed off, it's like a stain! It's really nice, and lasts a VERY long time! I've had it on for over 5 hours, and even took a shower, and my lips are a nice pink still!

on 8/1/2012 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Overall, I like this lip gloss a lot. I don't know about its claims to adjust to one's pH, but I can say that it did turn a beautiful shade of bright bubblegum pink on my lips about 60 seconds after applying it. It's not drying or overly sticky (major pluses for me, since my lips chap if I look at them wrong), and it leaves a pretty stain behind.
My only issues are a. the price, as I feel it is a shade too steep for a drugstore product and b. the fact that sometimes, if your lips are not perfectly moisturized prior to application, the stain can look sort of patchy and uneven if you reapply often. But that's not a huge deal, and I've certainly paid more for drugstore glosses in the past, so on the grand scale, I'd have to say this is a win for me. I'd like to try the lighter pink as well, as I feel it might pair with a heavy smoky eye better.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Ok, so I had to write a review on this product to add my two cents to all of the hype. First off, I am not usually one that buys drugstore mu, not that I am mu snooty, but because I have a very hard to match olive skintone and can never find any ds foundation and while I am purchasing that I usually just end up buying everything else too. That said, I actually made a special trip to Walmart just to purchase these ph reacting products ( lipgloss, blush, bronzer).

I have not tried the other products yet, will do so tomorrow. I brought this straight home and put it on and because I wanted to test the ph theory that everyone is speculating, I also pulled my 2 oldest daughters( 9 and 11 ) in the bathroom and had them put in on as well. Ok, it turned bright pink on all 3 of us, however there was a difference in color intensity and I made sure we all applied an even amount. I believe the color shows up differently based on the color pigmentation of your lip and thats the design " secret" of the product. It will complement your skintone because the intensity shows up based on the natural color of your lip. I am a medium olive skintone, my husband is a blue eyed blond. so of my 2 oldest daughters, one has a fair complexion like my hubby with light pink lips, it showed up a lighter pink on her and a deeper pink on me and my other daughter who more favors my darker skin and lip tone.

I wont drag my other children in and make them try, my oldest is a 16 yr old boy, whom I dont think would cooperate and my youngest is a 5 month old baby girl! LOL! So my little experiment will have to be concluded here!
Seriously though, just keeping the review to the product alone, it is a really good lipgloss. It is smooth in application, looks great on I imagine pretty much everyone and makes my lips feel great, witch is a biggie with me, as I have dry lips. I also found all of the claims of staying power and staining properties to be valid. Both of my girls wiped this off for bed after it had only been on a few minutes, just long enough to see what color it would turn and it left a stain on them both. I left mine on and its still there aprox. 2 hrs later and my dry lips usually suck up lipgloss and its gone in 20 min. Conclusion...I like it and will prob. purchase again, but took off one lippie for the gimmicky ph claim.

on 4/13/2012 9:24:00 AM

Love this! It reminds me of the Too Faced color change lip glosses, but at about half the price and available at the local drugstore.

The packaging is great - love the mirror in the cap and the lighted brush, as you can put this on in a dark bathroom or in the car.

Not sure on the pH claims of the product, but the Light Pink color that I have goes on clear and darkens into a really pretty pink color. It's just a bit lighter than a bright fuschia and is a really pretty every day color. I will absolutely buy this product again as soon as it goes on sale and I have a coupon, as I love this lip gloss and would like to have a spare in my stash.

on 4/10/2012 2:03:00 PM

HG lipgloss! I have it in Pink - its not too sticky or too creamy, so if I'm not eating/drinking it lasts about 3-4 hours. It is really glossy and shiny looking, not flat at all. It's a really pretty hot pink color, and even after it wears off it leaves a pink stain that doesn't really come off. It's $10 which is a bit expensive for a drugstore lipgloss but sometimes there's 40% off or bogo1/2 off sales so you could definately get it for cheaper. I can see this color looking good on pretty much any skintone, so its pretty versatile. For those who are saying its too sticky - try putting a very thin layer of lipbalm underneath it.

on 4/11/2012 10:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I LOVE THIS!

2 things before I start: 1) the pH thing is bullshit. If I take it out, it will darken to pink on the brush and brush that way onto my lips. Same as when it goes on clear and darkens. The mechanism by which this works, I don't know, but it is very good marketing. 2) It isn't good enough. This is a VERY bright fuschia, and I do not see it looking good on very yellow or olive toned girls. Those are the ones that would probably avoid it anyway, knowing full well how those colors react on them.

I have a weird skin tone, it's yellowy, it's olivey, it's almost neutral/cool all at once. But it's mostly olive. So this looks good on me, and I can pull it off, but I almost can't, because it almost doesn't. I'm in the 'just barely' zone, where being confident is the key factor in pulling it off rather than complementing my skin tone. That being said, this turns NEON on me.

I LOVE LOVE the super fine sparkles and the shininess of the gloss [yes, it is sticky, but that helps keep it there, and keep it long lasting]. Additionally, weirdly enough in a gloss, you need to use a very small amount. It will still go on smoothly and HIGHLY pigmented. So pigmented that it stains your lips for hours. I worked a shift in retail and seven hours and dinner later, my lips are still bright pink [but no longer glossy, of course]. It also seems to have some hydrating properties, as for once my lips are still not dry and cracking. I haven't added additional lip balm. And it didnt leave those dreaded cakey white corners/ring!

All in all, awesome. However, I don't appreciate the BS, but since it's fun to watch the color change, eh.

also the packaging: if you're the kind of person that likes it, the tube comes with a mirror and light. Nifty.

edit April 27
Got the light pink, and I can't believe I'm going to say this -- I like it even more than the original! It's a gorgeous almost non-color on my skintone, just gives a tiny flush to my fairly pigmented lips, looking very natural but plump [I love the super fine glitter in both colors]. Would look fabulous on ANY skin tone, for sure.

on 4/14/2012 12:54:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I am not sure if I'm too pale, or what happened but I found this lip gloss to be way too bright for me, and I bought the light pink shade. I'd seen it on some blogs and was excited to try it, but I don't really go out enough (where I feel it would be the most appropriate on me) to justify the $10.