Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35
Smashbox Camera Ready BB CreamCamera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.5

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This BB cream has a dewy finish and really good medium coverage. If you're skin is more on the dry side then this BB cream is something you should try out.

However, for oily skin people, this BB cream will probably end up making you look like a greaseball in a few hours. So it's probably best avoid it, or try the Tarte BB cream. People with combo skin, the dreaded t-zone area will also look greasy after a few hours of wearing this.

Overall this BB cream is not that bad, though pricey, but it's a department store brand so that's to be expected.

on 9/18/2016 9:03:00 AM

I got a sample of this in shade Medium/Light . Most of the time, shades given as samples end up being way too light and too pink for my skin, and I have a hard time matching my skin color with facial products in general. I was shocked that this was a perfect 'my skin but brighter' tint, with enough peach undertones to slightly diffuse and brighten my dark, sallow undereyes. Since this color suited me very well and most other products do not, I'm going to go on a limb and say that a lot of people might not like this color. It does look very orangey out of the tube, which works out great for me, but maybe not for others.

I wouldn't say the formula is truly in part a moisturizer - i need to put something under it, esp in drier months. On moisturized skin, this is awesome. I just swipe a little under each eye, around my nose, over some old acne scars and I'm done. It actually didn't break me out (I get milia from everything). I just started Retinol products and appreciate the spf level. I do only use a little dab though and probably do not get the benefit of the sun protection that way. I tried using more one day but it looked too cakey. Just a little dot works well for me, and I mean little - a tiny sample tube will last me months. I have to rate this a 5 for the color - it's rare that I find a complexion product like this that doesn't make me look ashy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is quite a thick BB cream that I try to think of more as a sunscreen (Spf 35) than any kind of base product. It's not great in terms of blendability or coverage, but if I'm going out somewhere and know I'll need a nice sunscreen on and wouldn't mind a bit of coverage, this is what I'd choose. I might buy it again to use this way on a holiday or something, but otherwise it's not for me. (I use shade fair).

on 7/24/2016 12:48:00 AM

Doesn't have the best coverage and it feels kind of sticky and is a bit hard to blend. It looks natural and doesn't accentuate my dried skin. Too expensive.

on 7/5/2016 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This BB cream is not worth the money. I have extremely dry skin, and this just did not go on smooth and creamy at all. It was very smeary, uneven, and cakey. It started drying before I finished applying! When I put foundation on top -- I layer colored moisturizing products in the winter because my skin is so dry and it's so cold in NYC -- it got even worse and more dry. It didn't help my makeup application at all. It is quite pricey, so I expected a better product! To me, a much better product for aging skin and a much better value is Lancome BB cream. Goes on smooth, keeps you juicy! :)

I gave this product a 5/5 for everything. It is a fantastic product that does the job. It had been my first "cover flaws product" and I fell in love with it. the flaws to this product would be i don't feel like I am paying for a good amount of the product. I felt as if it only lasted me 2-3 months, and I have gone through many other foundations, BB creams, primers and concealers for much longer and around the same price. Nonetheless its a nice smooth liquid that eventually turns into a matte finish. Well for me it did, I have incredibly dry skin that always needs to be hydrated and this BB cream did the job. 100% worth it.

on 5/2/2016 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm actually quite satisfied with this product. As a naturally warm toned olive skinned person who never burns I have never bothered with sunscreens. I should have but I didn't. About a year ago I finally decided that I simply must start protecting my skin. Thus began my nightmare with sunscreens. I hate them! I have tried several and they all seem to cause different problems such as balling up, staying greasy and tacky, and leaving a white cast on my skin. With this smashbox BB cream I have none of these problems. It goes on smooth and dries down quickly with no lasting greasiness or sticky feeling. No weird gray or white cast and it looks natural. Not a lot of coverage but I wouldn't expect a lot of coverage from a BB cream anyways. It evens out my tone and adds a bit of color. It's not a bad moisturizer but as I'm dry skinned this isn't quite moisturizing enough. When I get out of the shower I put on my serums and a daily moisturizer and when all that soaks in I can put on this BB cream. Its great for daily wear when I want a more natural look and I want sun protection.

Ok. I gave it quite a high rating altough I would not buy it myself. I'm looking for a new foundation and I got myself a free test of this product since it seemed to fit into what I was looking for, + paulas choice gave it great reviews..

Pros:
* No perfume
* Great texture, not too runny, not to full
* Can't feel it on the skin!
* Easy to apply.
* Evens out skintones beautifully
* Perfect match to my skintone (I'm...well...L5W3 (C35 in MAC), and I tried fair/light)
* Stayed on all day, not blotting/powder/whatever needed
* I'm especially impressed with staying Power on the nose! With most foundations, both powders/liquid, my nose usually becomes shiny after a while. ..Altough this lucky strike might just be because of the weather here (Cool and dry).

Cons:
* Somehow turned out powdery on my face. Not setting like a powder, more like showing of any skinflake I have.....gah..reminds me of a desert. Yep, I had moisturizer on prior to applying BB-Cream and I was afraid that it would get too "wet"....but no, this BB-Cream turned out "dry".
* I'm not super fond of the packaging. It's a great size, but I keep dreaming about more sanitary packaging choices (pumps for example).

*Price. I Think it is a good price, quite normal for a Foundation...right? + for those whom it works well on, the price is right ;)

Not impressed by this product - unlike other BBC creams I've used it sits very heavily on my skin without absorbing in properly, and I found that over the course of the day it started to gather unpleasantly around the sides of my nose and under the bridge of my glasses. Colour match was fine for my skin (NW20) but again I've had better. I gave up on this product after half a dozen uses and have switched back to my Stila CC cream.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I like this BB cream so far. It looks good when applied with a sponge, and it's pretty lightweight. It doesn't have much of an odor which is important to me because i have sensitivities.

It holds up well throughout the day, although it gathered a bit where my glasses sit on the bridge of my nose. It balances out my complexion well.

this bb cream isn't really a miracle, but it does the job. i will probably try out some other brands after i finish this bottle just to find the right one. i also i prefer a bb cream that is dispensed with a pump, this one's just a squeeze bottle.