Revlon Luxurious Color Diamond Lust - Night Sky #120

Revlon Luxurious Color Diamond Lust - Night Sky #120
Luxurious Color Diamond Lust - Night Sky #120Luxurious Color Diamond Lust - Night Sky #120

3.7

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Sorry to have to be Debbie Downer but I did not like this eyeshadow at all. I truelly believe E.L.F.'s dollar quad in drama is way better as far as pigment go and the glitter. I used to use Hard Candys liqourice before the brand became a DS brand and it was an awesome black with silver glitter. Since it was discontinued years ago, I have tried to find a replacement and haven't came close to it. I do like elfs alot better than revlons e/s by far though and it gives you the option of keeping it lighter or making it darker with the four colors.
Night sky had a ton of fall out and you can hardly see the color pigment in the actual color of the eyeshadow itself.
It took me a while to find a walmart that carries the new line so I was excited when I had found it. I should have gone with my instinct and bought the all silver one or the pink purplish one. Darn, 5 bucks down the drain!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My friend picked this up for me because she knows I love sparkles and I love it. Not had a lot of experience with revlon shadows, but this was nice. I apply it wet or over a slightly sticky base. It has a buildable sheer dark grey base color, with multi colored sparkle over the top. You can see hints of purple, blue and green in the sparkle. Not a glitter really, smaller than that, but very reflective. I wore this shadow as a smoky look on vday

love love the shimmer in this..make your eyes sparkle :)

on 10/3/2011 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

night sky is a marvellous dark charcoal eye shadow that contains silver and holographic glitter! It is part of the new collection expressionist! It's like having some little stars on your eyes! The charcoal is pretty pigmented,wich gives a density to the eye shadow! So georgous! To create a special evening look or just to have fun,with that eye shadow!if you use a base(l.a splash eye shadow base) it will last longer and prevent fall out! Go well with dark purple,silver,black,pink eye shadows! Love it!

on 12/18/2011 10:18:00 PM

Since the moment I saw this eyeshadow is just feel atracted to it, so I bought it without even thinking about.
When I got home OOO MYYY GOODD!
AMAZING! is not just multidimensional glitter.... is a dark taupe with green, silver, plum, red, ___ (put any color here) sparkles. so gourgeaus. GET IT.

on 11/8/2011 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

All I can say is I'm in love with this eyeshadow. With a black base under it. Like smashbox's smudge pot = fantastic!

on 9/20/2011 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I tend to gravitate towards Revlon eyeshadows every time I see the latest stuff on display, especially shimmery ones that look runway glam. Generally I find that most Revlon powder shadows apply sheer & have a matte chalky/dusty finish. That's what I always liked in an eyeshadow but nowadays I want more depth & dimension, like a rich cream w/o the greasiness or creasiness. Something w/more pizzazz & not so pasty-looking.

I was leary of buying another chalky Revlon shadow but when I saw this color I was instantly enamored with it! While I don't need any more eye cosmetics (since I rarely bother w/makeup anymore), I still had to try this one. I thought it would cost $10 but it was only $6 (happy surprise) - that's less than the Maybelline Intense ShadowBlast that I bought. Revlon was the better deal.

Night Sky is a charcoal-black base with a fine mix of sparkly holographic & silver glitter. I LOVE IT! The holographic effect is what drew me in - gives dimensional sparkle instead of singular-color shine.

It CAN be applied sheer or built up in layers for more depth, whichever you're in the mood for (I like that!). The glitter is finely milled, not garishly chunky, so the sparkle is subtle but beautiful upclose & sticks to the skin instead of falling off & leaving behind just a muddy eye that looks dirty - I've had that experience w/shadows that have glitter only as a top layer in the pan w/plain powder underneath. Revlon's glitter appears most intense on the surface (to get your attn) but it's also mixed in throughout the pan.

Eager to test it once I got it, I applied a fine coat to my UNprimed eyes (plus I have oily lids) & now 4+ hrs later the shadow is still there where I put it w/just minimal fading & it creased only just a *little* bit, FAR less than any of my other powder shadows ever did. I'm impressed.

Since I smooshed it on close to my lash line in a hurry, I'm observing some sparkle through my eyelashes which I'm actually enjoying, lol - it doesn't interfere w/my vision & it reminds me that I'm wearing some glamorous shadow (which picks up my mood, lol). Makes a beautiful dressed-up smokey eye...though I am wearing it @ work right now. lol
It's not too clubby for a daytime office look (depending on your work environment).

I do have a few sparkles that fell on my cheeks b/c I dusted off some excess from my eyes when I blended w/a Kleenex (didn't have a brush or cottonball handy), but I actually like the look. It would only be noticeable to others if they invade the comfort zone of personal space.

A little mascara completes the look & eyeliner is optional b/c the glitter does all the glam work. This eyeshadow makes a 2-step eye look like it took a lot of work to create. Great product! I love glitter makeup - very versatile & blingy. Will check out the other colors too...purple in particular.

I bought Revlon's Diamond Lust before (in clear packaging) but I didn't like the pale champagne color I chose. This smokey color really gives me diamond lust. :)

on 10/3/2011 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my first Revlon eyeshadow and once I saw this I had to get it. I don't wear gray shadow so that says something. The colorful sparkles are absolutely gorgeous.