Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus [DISCONTINUED]

Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus [DISCONTINUED]

4.6

Water, Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Elaeis Guineensis Oil/Palm Oil, Isopropyl Alcohol, Parfum/Fragrance, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Octyldodecanol, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein Pg-Propyl Silanetriol, Arginine, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Quaternium-33, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Phenoxyethanol, Linalool, Ci 42090/Blue 1, Ci 17200/Red 33.

My hair has been long all of my life, except for a few years in the recent past while I dated a corporate attorney dipshit who subjected me to his hair salon fetish. Weekly visits to whatever ubersalon had captured his fancy made my hair shorter and shorter, and more and more damaged. When I extricated myself, I was hard-pressed to repair both my mane and my means simultaneously. I needed to get with the best products at the best price, and I wasn't going to waste money or time.

This stuff did the trick! The three jars I purchased from Ulta lasted me the better part of a year. By then, my trashed, overtrimmed tresses had grown to bra-strap length, and I was feeling like myself again.

Fast forward to the present: I still use this stuff daily, as the main leg of my hair routine triumvirate (along with the accompanying shampoo and leave-in treatment product).
My hair is almost to the top of my jeans, and my salon visits are limited to annual balayage at Phoebe Therese.

To summarize: I found this product to be extremely effective in facilitating my hair-length goals in a timely and cost-effective manner. I continue to use it daily, and I recommend it unequivocally. Like duh, it totally rocks!

I just purchased another pot of this. I tried switching to Kerastase because the lady who I bought it from said she preferred the results to this Redken product. I haven't finished the Kerastase product because it just doesn't do it like Redken! I LOVE this product. I recently bleached my hair and it's a mess. It is so incredibly dry and I feel like this is the only product out the 10000 ones I have bought that makes my hair feel good.

Definitely recommend it!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was lost for words when I tried this! Seriously nothing else will work better on chemically damaged hair.

My hair was completely bleached out and a mess - I thought I would have to cut allot of my hair off. I was highly recommended this and even after one deep treatment my hair was physically softer and a hell of a lot better!! A miracle in a bottle. Don't bother with anything else. Worth every penny!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this - i have extremely damaged hair from years of bleaching and this is the forst thing in forever that has made my hair feel soft. I have only been using it for a while so as to whether it has stopped breakage im not 100% sure. It is expensive as is every other Redken product but its worth it. I would prefer it wasn't in a pot but apart from that A+. I would highly recommend for those who have bleached hair

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Really does the trick if your hair is snapping off and breaking. Even if your hair is in pretty decent shapeI would suggest you purchase anyway as it just that good.

This product is an absolute life saver. I have thick wavy extremely bleached hair, and have done so for more than 3 years. I was sick of buying argan oils, keratin treatments that would do nothing to my hair. I pair this mask with the matching shampoo and conditioner and after the first wash and treatment my hair literally felt 100 times better. It smells amazing and keeps moisture in and lasts a few days!

on 10/7/2014 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I am hardly a hair connoisseur. I have never dyed, bleached, permed, or treated my hair in anyway. But I work outside and have naturally fine (but very thick) hair that's prone to dryness and breakage.

This product used as a mask adds noticable weight and strength to my hair. The only bad part, if it touches my scalp I get big painful welts! Great product but my skin hates it.

on 1/5/2015 12:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Decent hair mask. I have very thick, wavy, virgin hair and this product gives me nice slip, moisturizes, makes it shiny and soft. It also tames my frizz which is really great. Smells nice, not too overwhelming. I will definitely repurchase.

on 9/25/2014 11:45:00 PM

This product is a miracle, seriously after one use my damaged, fine, incredibly thick and wavy bleached hair was stronger and shinier, and unlike most other protein based treatments, this didn't dry out my hair or need to be followed up with an intensive conditioner BUT I think it should come with a warning. I am not protein sensitive, I have never had any food/product allergies previously but this product and all redken products I have thus far tried have caused me to break out in hives and have a full on allergic reaction! Some research led me to discover that others have had similar reactions to redken products, even anaphylactic responses which are potentially fatal. I am so upset to be honest because nothing has worked so well on my hair, and I've tried matrix, joico ect. I would suggest testing this product first and if you have allergies discontinue immediately, but if you don't it will simultaneously strengthen and hydrate your hair, THE HG product for any bleach-heads out there.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Bought this hair treatment after having a couple of inches cut off my hair due to frying it with a flat iron. Goal is to prevent damaging my hair, building strength and hydration.

Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus has kept my hair healthy, and it has a pleasant scent, which is a plus, but prefer a bit more hydration. It boils down to personal preference, so I can't rate this with less than three lippies. Good product; however, it isn't for moi.