Maybelline eye studio color explosion in amethyst ablazed

Maybelline eye studio color explosion in amethyst ablazed
eye studio color explosion in amethyst ablazedeye studio color explosion in amethyst ablazedeye studio color explosion in amethyst ablazed

This is the first palette of purples that has ever complimented my medium-tan complexion with heavy yellow undertones. The colors are vibrant, pigmented, and can be applied beautifully in different ways to create looks ranging from subtle to dramatic The luminating topcoat is extremely shimmery, so I use it very sparingly to highlight my brow arch. An allover coat would be overkill, IMO. Overall, I would highly recommend this palette to those that are passionate about purple. I'm so excited about how drugstore makeup has really increased in quality these days. I guess someone has to compete with MAC and Urban Decay. :D

on 8/19/2011 7:17:00 PM

I bought this after LOVING Forest Fury, the green palette. This beautiful mix of purples is nothing like the horrible Maybelline eyeshadows of years past, which were chalky and poorly pigmented -- the worst ones on the market along with CG. These are a whole different story. I don't know how Maybelline did a complete 180, but the eyeshadows in this palette are soft, silky, pigmented, with vibrant color, and they last all day with my usual primer (UDPP or Too Faced). Completely gorgeous (although I have no use for the super glittery "top coat" shade at the very top of this five-color palette). I would seriously rank these up there with MAC and UD shadows. Yes, and I even own the Naked Palette, so I know that of which I speak. If you love purples, you will not regret this palette! And pick up Forest Fury if you love greens!

on 8/15/2011 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

amethyst ablazed is a nice purple palette.there is: a shimmery white, a dark plum,a mauve,a blue/purple,a light lilac.they all are shimmery,soft,smooth like velvet,last long! You can do a nice purple look with this one! I use sometimes the shimmery white on the lids to create a glittery look! Fantastic effect!Goes well with:plum,pink,pink/nude,nude,gold,burgundy lipsticks! Love it!