Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.2

I purchased this mascara on Saturday and I wore it once so this is a buy and try. I purchased it on sale 2 for $12 at CVS. I purchased the Maybelline Volume Express the falsies flared waterproof in black. Here is the thing the claims are false eyelashes and if you normally like natural eyelashes this will give you false eyelashes . But I normally like false eyelashes every day so this is more of an everyday look. I like the packaging it is not bulky it travels well. It doesn't have a weird smell, it doesn't make my eyes water , it holds a curl and it does give you a lot of volume. Also there are many different looks for false eyelashes . I like a mascara to give me volume, length, separation , fullness and to hold a curl and to not flake, I do think I have high standards for a waterproof mascara and I will say that this mascara passed the test I would like more length and volume for and event mascara but for me this is great for everyday . I also think this mascara is definitely buildable if you want to take it to the max of what this mascara can do. I will also say when do apply a few coats of mascara it can get clumpy but that is with any mascara and I'm talking 4 or 5 coats so. I will say if you want a good everyday mascara and you like an every day false lash look this will be a great one to try or if you are looking for a false lash effect mascara for an event I also think you will like it. I think it is meant to be an every day false lash mascara but can be worn as an event mascara by curling your lashes, piling it on or pairing it with a lengthening mascara. All in all I think it is worth a buy an try also the brush is a curved natural bristle brush with a lot of bristles. It is a thick wet formula as well and the mascara is pigmented. So I like it a lot don't love it but I think in time I just might love it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

It is really flaky and clumpy. It crumbles off of your lashes not long after you apply it. It really sucks as a mascara haha. I was disappointing as it is kind of expensive to pay for something that you don't like and will never use again. It's not a good mascara, the Maybelline mega plush mascara is soo much better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

omg I looove this mascara! I'm a huge fan of Maybelline mascara and this is my favourite behind define-a-lash, so I guess you could say it's my holy grail black mascara haha. I love using the mascara on more heavy/smoky looks as it lengthens and curls my lashes exceedingly well. The formula applies really easy and it doesn't clump or have a whole heap of fallout. It's just my go-to mascara whenever I don't know what to use haha. Either way, really love this mascara and will be re-purchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

A not too bad mascara, that dries out quickly. My lashes look nice after using, but it really isn't special. I wouldn't buy it again.

Ever since I started using Maybelline mascaras, I didn't bother looking for another one 'coz it works so well. It gives me nice volume and curl. If I am so lazy, I would just put on a BB cream, get my brows done and wear a mascara. This product is part of my daily routine!

on 11/3/2015 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This mascara was a disappointment. I remember loving the original Falsies. I have short sparse lashes and it made my lashes clumpy, and it also made them stick together. There wasn't a lot of volume and length, and the brush was too big for my small eyelashes. However once it started to dry in the tube, I found that it just worked better and it would do what it was suppose to do. I don't know if it was that the formula was just too wet for my lashes or that the formula is better when it's a little dry? When it was dryer it would brush through my lashes pretty evenly and then it would give me volume. Overall I wouldn't repurchase this mascara.

on 7/27/2015 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is sooo close to being a HG for me, and I might edit this later if my opinion changes because I'm on the fence about my rating.

I have kind of sparse, downward pointing, average length lashes that refuse to hold a curl most of the time. It doesn't matter if I use waterproof and a lash curler. For some reason, only certain formulas seem to work to get my lashes to curl, with or without being waterproof and using a lash curler.

This mascara does curl my lashes, for the most part, and it adds a bit of length and volume. Mostly, I like it. But, sometimes only one eye will still look curled after a while and this stuff flakes like crazy on my eyes sometimes.

My issues with it don't happen every time I use it, though. Overall, I like this mascara, I have recommended it, and I would probably buy it again if I needed mascara desperately and didn't want to try something new.

I've gotten compliments on my lashes while wearing this, which is rare for me. But the flaking drives me mad when it happens.

Basically...

Pros:
Curls my lashes on its own
Adds volume
Adds a little length (not falsies length, though)
Doesn't make my lashes feel crunchy
Layers well (I've gotten 3 coats to work out if I worked quickly and combed my lashes a little)
Isn't too expensive
Lightweight formula

Cons:
Flakes A LOT (I originally said "sometimes" but after a week of use it was constant)
Starts clumping more the older it gets (I've had mine only two weeks or so and it's bad)
Does not last all day
Doesn't always hold a good curl
Sometimes I get little clumps at the tips
Sometimes it sticks my lashes together weirdly

EDIT: Ok, after using it a bit more, I've knocked it down to one lippie. The flaking issue has gotten worse, so now I have black specks all over my face within an hour of applying this stuff and it gets in my eyes horribly. I wore this the last time for most of a day and by the time I was home and ready to remove my makeup, there was barely any mascara left to remove because it had all flaked off.

I wanted to love this stuff, but I can't anymore. The weird thing is that it isn't even a very dry formula. I mean, it isn't super wet, but it's a nice consistency: not too liquid, not too dry, just how I like my mascaras. But for some reason it won't stay on my lashes.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like it, it makes my lashes look incredibly long and curled and gorgeous! I have gotten quite a few compliments on my lashes so I am very impressed. I have never used the Maybelline Falsies(original) before so I would like to try that as I am pleased with this one.
I have seen a few other reviews talking about the flaking of the mascara, I have not noticed anything so far but if it would start to flake I would keep the brush and use a different mascara with a better formula.

on 8/10/2015 6:09:00 PM

This is my all time favourite mascara, firstly it has a curved brush which allows you to reach every lash. It really lengthens and curls my eyelashes. I've used it for around 2 years and I feel for the price it's a perfect mascara. The formula isn't too wet which some people dislike, it's just right. I really love this mascara & would definitely recommend it:)

I love the way this mascara looks when I first apply it to my lashes it gives a very nice voluminous soft look but it does actually tend to make my lashes look a bit shorter which is weird

The brush is really good I love the way it has two sides they work really well together

The chink in the armour though is the formula... It's a bit too dry first of all which normally I nearly prefer to really wet formulas but this is super super dry and then of course there's the flaking... It really only lasts about two hours before it starts to really flake and after a while the mascara on the tips of my lashes had completely faded away and this happens every single day

The formula is a huge let down but the brush is really good so I'll definitely use it with a better formula and if I lost the brush I would definitely repurchase it