L'Oreal Double Extension Ultra-Lengthening Mascara

L'Oreal Double Extension Ultra-Lengthening Mascara

3.0

on 10/11/2012 10:53:00 PM

Blech! This might be one of the worst mascaras EVER! First of all, the "primer" does nothing but clump up on your lashes, and then when you put the mascara over it, you can still see the white primer! After a couple of hours it flaked even more and looked like I was wearing white mascara almost. I didn't even give it another shot-total waste of money. Returned ASAP.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I am a big fan of Double Extension Mascara. Been using it since it was first launched. L'oreal has discontinued one of my most favourite variant which packed in gold & blue tube (with serum). Even though it doesnt hold that long but my lashes looks healthier & stronger. Last month I bought the purple and gold tube and its waterproof type. Gosh...regretted buying this one. Its very dry and my lashes stick together and i have difficulties unclumping it. Good thing, it holds. Thats all! Very difficult to get rid of it even though I use tons of Clinique eye make up remover. Am very very dissapointed with this new launched. My lashes drops a lot due to the harshness of the base and liquid. I will not continue using it or i will be out of lashes soon. Please please launch the blue/gold variant back in the market. I am from Singapore!

on 2/26/2011 8:03:00 AM

I believe this is my 3rd Double Extension mascara. I had the first generation one from a couple of years back, and then got the double extension beauty tubes, this is my latest. The white base is quite gooey so I blot the excess off before application. I apply it only at the ends of my lashes for lengthening (after the Shiseido nourishing mascara base and Kate mascara base). The actual mascara part of the tube is much drier. However I still blot the wand and apply with a very light hand coating the lashes lightly before using a curl mascara on my lashes. Its not too bad a mascara but I don't think I would re-purchase.

I have the one in the blue & gold tube, called "NEW Double Extension Renewal Serium Inside Mascara". This has become my absolute favorite mascara because of the way it comes off. It does not flake or budge all day, but can easily be removed when you wash your face with water. It simply comes off in small black globs (no streaks or panda eyes). I stopped wearing mascaras for a while because it was such a hassle to remove it at the end of the day, so this is just perfect. So to sum up:
PROS:
- Stays on forever
- No panda eyes, EVER
- Easy to get off
- Makes you look like you're wearing falsies
- Fiber mascara formula (if you are a fan of it)
CONS:
- Not good at holding curls
- $$$ (Bought mine for around $22, but I live in Korea so :P)
- Clumps lashes together so really not great for gals with sparse lashes
- The lash curler that comes as a "gift" with purchase is horrendous
A personal tip: Don't use the white base on your lashes with a whole bunch of the product on the wand, and only apply it to the ends of your lashes.

on 11/21/2011 1:46:00 PM

This mascara disappointed me a bit. I thought it would make my lashes looks way longer than it actually does! Also, it doesn't separate them really well. I suggest applying this mascara only on the ends of your lashes. This product costed quite a bit too much for me (20).. I bought much more satisfying mascaras for less.