Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.1

I got this after months of hearing the hype about it and I was so excited! I have dry skin so I don't use too much powder anyway, so I didn't need this powder to work wonders. When I opened it it does have quite a strong floral-y scent to it, but I liked the scent so it didn't bother me. I used it with a brush and I didn't really notice anything different to my usual Rimmel powder, but it did make my skin SUPER soft! It didn't dry it out or anything. I then began using it to set under my under eye concealer mix of the NYX under eye colour corrector and my Maybelline age rewind. I did it using my Real Techniques beauty blender (damp of course) to press the powder in as I tend to get very noticeable crease lines her and the powder fixed them all! Overall a great buy and not too expensive so I will definitely be buying again!

on 9/6/2017 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got a great recommendation for this as a dupe for a more expensive product and NOPE. The "translucent" was too pink. It irritated my skin, so even if I liked it I couldn't have kept using it, so if you have sensitive skin, stay away from this. I later learned they do make an unscented version, but too late. That ship has sailed. Why did I even give it two lippies? Because the price is great, the packaging is cool and vintagey, and it's not the sh*ttiest powder in the world, for someone whose skin can take it.

on 8/13/2017 10:02:00 AM

I bought this product due to some rave reviews and I thought I want to try it. Took me awhile to find it at Wal-Mart. Not bad just the awful smell makes me sick for some reason and found out it has Parabens on it! I don't use it all the time just sometimes when I needed it.

on 7/21/2017 12:42:00 PM

I have combo skin, I was absolutely excited to purchase this product and try it out, but once I opened it, the smell of baby powder and elder-perfume maksed the room and my face and after 2 hours of wearing the powder, I realized I had cake face

on 8/13/2017 11:34:00 AM

I tried this after getting recommended by my friends. As much as I want to love this product, it gives me some kind of itchiness after applying them on my face. I have combi skin but this product kinda irritates my skin (even though i dont have sensitive skin). The smell doesnt bothers me. It's just the itch i can't stand! Not gonna repurchase.

on 9/1/2017 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would recommend this product. Not pricey and very affordable. I use loreal foundation and pressed powder and use this powder under my eye. It blends well. I love the smell too! I feel like my face smells so good because of this powder lol Good value ❤️

on 6/17/2017 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Wow, I wasn't sure what to think of this at first, but I'd read and seen so many reviews of it, that I had to try it. Hard to get as I'm from Canada, so had to order it online through Walmart and pick it up in the States when I was there. You can't beat the price--$5 US! I ordered two colours--translucent and naturally neutral. When I saw the shades, I immediately returned the translucent; it had a very pinkish cast to it, and the naturally neutral looked more, well, natural. I'm very happy with my choice.

There's a lot of powder in this jar--I have to tap the end of my powder brush on the top of the jar to release just enough powder as it originally wouldn't come out of the holes. Now that it's down a bit, it might come out if I tipped it over, but I find it just as easy to continue doing what I've been doing. People were right about the smell--total baby powder. It grossed me out at first as it's quite strong, but now I don't even notice it (about a month and a half after use). I did notice that the smell stays on my powder brush even though I washed it, which is interesting.

I have very oily skin, and this does a pretty good job of keeping it at bay, especially in the cooler months. It goes on nicely, and I try to buff it in a bit so it doesn't look to pale on me (I went to Mexico and got some colour, so am a little darker than my normal colouring right now). About halfway through the day, I have to touch-up and use Rimmel's Stay Matter powder for that. My other go-to powder is Boots translucent loose powder, but it's around $14 US and I can only find it in the States too, so I might end up switching to the Air Spun just because of cost, although I do find the Boots one works a little better.

on 7/9/2017 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hello oily skin ppl,
You need this in your life!
The oil-control of this powder is out of this world! I love to bake with it and it never accentuate my fine lines.
Normally my face becomes oily after 3-4 hours, but baking with this powder can last me 8 hours without touching up. My foundation is totally locked and does not transfer after baking. Even after 8 hours, i simply just dab my face with a tissue and my makeup is fresh again!
I know the scent is overpowering, but it reminds me of my grandma and i miss her...

I don't understand why this powder is called translucent when there's pigment to it. It's very pink, I'm sick of all this pink foundation and powder, no ones skin is pink, no one wants a pink hue to their skin. It's somewhat beige also, so it's useable. I don't understand why they can't make these off white. It does silightly make my foundation look a weird color and uneven.
I hate how there's a lot of shimmer in it, who wants their entire face shimmery? We wouldn't want shimmer in foundation, so why in powder?
It does keep oil away, I haven't noticed my face feeling dry and tight from it. It has a perfume smell, but not horribly, I haven't noticed this breaking out my face yet. The price is decent.
UPDATE: This broke my face out horribly, they really need to make face powders with gentle ingredients. The ingridents are obviously way to harsh or should not be used on the face to clog pores that bad and cause breakouts.

on 6/17/2017 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Its hard to explain... i wanna love this powder but i cant. I saw so many good reviews about this and finally i got mine in translucent. Ugh, i hate this powder since the first time! I have a very oily skin, but however this powder makes my face reaaaaalllllyyyyyy dry! I dont know what to say! It makes my face became dryer than ever and cause dry patches. Definitely not gonna repurchase this bad powder.