Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm going to be fair and give this a 3 based on how it performs, the cost and the super large size you get. It's a very nice powder and if it works for you, the size alone makes this an amazing find. Some people suggest trying the extra coverage translucent or one of the colored powders if the translucent isn't enough coverage for you. If you can handle the smell, that might be the way to go for fuller coverage. I find that a very light dusting gives me a beautiful finish and I don't need to blot at all. The included pouf is actually a very helpful tool for application. I did not notice any oxidation or flashback while using this.

But the scent is a real dealbreaker for me. It doesn't smell unpleasant in the sense I can't use it, but the scent fills my house up when I open it. Hubby actually came upstairs to ask what spray I had used. It dissipates within 10 minutes but then comes back everytime I get warm, or the sun hits my face. Even that wouldn't bug me, but as the scent returns my face starts to itch. I find the scent of Lancome Dual Finish powder very similar and I ended up passing on it for the same reason.

I find it super disappointing that the fragrance free version is nowhere to be found, especially as Coty owns a ridiculous amount of companies. Even if I didn't get itchy from the scent, I'd always prefer a fragrance free option when it comes to facial products. I'm hoping it's just another product they are repackaging across their brands.

HOLY CRUD. What have I been doing with my life before this!?!

on 2/15/2018 8:24:00 PM

I think that i'm cursed... I am usually in the minority when it comes to products that people love, and this is no exception.

I remember I tried this once, and i remember the oil control being amazing... but now that I have used it a handful of times, im thinking that it must have been the foundation or maybe just a good skin day because i CANT get this to work!!!

I have tried applying with different brushes and techniques to no avil, FFS! Not to mention, it really does smell like walking into your grandmas house. I also think the fact that it has mineral oil in it makes a pimple or two pop up here and there which is disappointing. Also, it doesnt set my foundation well - I look ashy and calky, all while still being oily 30 mins later.

I wish I could return this, I really have no use for it now.

on 2/3/2018 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I like this powder very much, but one has to be REAL careful with this if one is of a "certain age." Not because of the fragrance, which is evidently controversial, but because it's REAL easy to use too much of it. It covers up a lot of wrinkles, but it also settles into them and can look cakey if you are using the "translucent extra coverage," as I do. So it's helpful to use a light hand; if you do that, this will work well for oily-skinned ladies like me (even "mature" ones - again, like me). A light hand also helps to counter the limited color selection.

I think this powder would also be excellent for baking. I've not tried that; although baking fascinates me, I don't have the patience required to bake. But I think it would suit very well and could easily result in an excellent look. This powder cuts down oil for a long time, and that's what I like about it - that and its affordability.

The thing with the fragrance is this. It's pungent for maybe five, ten minutes. And then it softens. IMO, the results are worth it, but then I like old-school Coty fragrances and old-school cosmetic houses. I refrain from speculating about how popular this powder would be if in some kind of alternate universe a couture label slapped its name on it.

on 2/3/2018 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is by far one of the best loose face powders I've ever tried. It's fabulously lightweight, doesn't cake, doesn't make me look like a ghost, and has GREAT matte coverage that lasts all day long. The scent is wonderful too, and compliments my perfumes nicely.

on 1/30/2018 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This retro-cheap powder has been around for decades. I have not used it since the 90's. It is very cheap but cut with talc and other fillers. Not great - but not the worst. thankfully, it did NOT make me break out back then. Not sure about now (My skin was combo/oily back then and now is dry.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Let's start by the positives
The texture is extremely beautiful.
The amount you have for the price make it a bargain
Now the cons
Even though the texture is supper fine when you are running some between your fingers you can feel the dryness.No smoothness at all.Problably due to the mediocre talc uses in the formula
The smell!!!wow I never smell something so hideous. It could be an old fashion and sophisticated smell like the guerlain product but it's more like a old school and cheap type of smell
But smell is something very subjective
What is not is the fact such a high amount of perfume in a face product gonna irritate your skin
I got the color suntan cause I m a mixed person so it was a better choice for me than the translucent version. The pigments are ugly and just left an beigy orange cast on my face
Last this product is made in China
In conclusion this an outdated product loaded with irritants and pore clogging ingredients (lanolin,mineral oil,perfume,parabens)
You have better powder available nowadays like the maybelline fit loose powder ,the marcelle loose face powder.Dont fall for th2r YouTube hype
P.s:still better than the Laura Mercier who is the worst powder

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

- Very nice powder.
- Adds an incredible softness to the skin.
- You'll achieve very flawless skin when using this.
- Does have a slight pink undertone, I'm afraid that it will turn up a bit ashy on darker skintones.
- The smell is very strong and perfumish, however it disappears when it is blended.
- Does have a slight flashback on photos!

** I bought the colour translucent **

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have absolutely nothing but good things to say about this powder. The price? A steal. The packaging is adorable and classic. The powder is a finely milled translucent shade that doesn't look cakey or leave a white residue. It also doesn't make my pores look bigger, which looking back, was an issue with the Maybelline loose powder I had used previously.

It is impossible to use "too much" of this powder, I put it all over my face and bake with it too, and somehow it doesn't cling to any areas or look ashen. Baking the undereyes with this is easy, I take the powder puff it comes with, fold it in half, dip it into a pile of the loose powder, then dab it along my undereyes and the highpoints of my cheekbones, under my cheek contour, and a bit on the Cupid's bow and center of my chin. It will mattify you GOOD, to the point where you may not need a single touch up in an 8 hour day, so if you are a dewy skin lover or a au natural type, this might be too much for every day wear.

For a long time I thought loose powder was loose powder, you've seen one you've seen em all, and boy was I WRONG... this blows other loose powders from the drugstore away (I haven't used Nyx HD in a while so I'm not sure how it compares to that one, but the others, yes), and gives the coveted Laura Mercier offering a run for its money. And indeed, that is a great powder as well, but for $40... hmm I'll stick with my Coty for the time being :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I personally like the packaging of this product. The price is amazing compared to other powders on the market. I had high hopes for this product since so many people absolutely love this powder.

This powder has an overwhelming fragrance that is so strong that it makes you want to gag. It is like an old woman that drowned herself in perfume. The smell only goes away once the oils in your face mixes with the power, which for me took 4 hours.

I applied this only to my chin and forehead because I wanted to try it compared to my other IT Cosmetics bye bye pores setting powder. The fragrance is so strong that it made my chin and forehead burn so much! It kept like my chin was on fire, but I wanted to see if the burning would go away, it does only when your oils start to break it down.

After 12 hours of a long day in humid weather, this product started to separate on my chin, but not my forehead. IT Cosmetics bye bye pores did not.

I was really hoping this would work so that I could retire IT Cosmetics. IT Cosmetics has horrible flashback, Coty does not, but alas my search continues.

If you are dry, don't mind overwhelming smells, and do not have sensitive skin, go for this product. It is a great deal at $5.97 at Walmart and does a pretty good job.