Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain- Forbidden

No Image

3.3

on 4/9/2011 1:26:00 AM

i agree with midge55....maybe it's our age! i also saw the recommedation by Helen Mirren, and figured if it's good enough for her, why not try it??! it takes some extra time to apply the stain evenly, bu after applying the balm, it looks great! curious about the other shades, but this is perfect for me.

on 3/31/2011 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My thoughts on this are lukewarm...I was hoping it would be more of a YLBB color but it is surprisingly dark and a little harsh on me. I've tried lipstains/markers in the past with little luck because they are usually so drying but I was hopeful this one would be different since it has a lipbalm on the other end. The lipbalm had a fine enough texture but didn't offer any moisture nor any setting properties like it said it would. As far as wear, it is long wearing but like another reviewer said, it sort of comes off in little clumps and very unevenly. Another issue I have is the lip balm end is not retractable so I suspect I will accidentally break it off soon.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm so upset at myself for spending so much on this product. The packaging is nice, but the color is awful (and I found this to be the most natural color offered) and the balm is really synthetic (I guess I shouldn't expect better from Revlon though). I gave it a two because I might be able to use this for a night out. Otherwise, it's too bold for day use. It almost looks cheap. And after the balm wears off, it's an unflattering fuscia on me.

on 1/11/2011 9:09:00 AM

I was a little afraid to try this product after reading the reviews, but Helen Mirren highly recommended it in InStyle magazine as a natural lip color, so I thought I would give it a try. Perfect color, just my lip color, only more accentuated, very natural looking. I do apply vertically as a reviewer suggested, and it works great - no complaints.

This stain was a little darker than I expected, but I like it for evening looks. I just make sure to clean and dry my lips very well before applying and it goes on evenly. I agree that the balm is a little icky feeling, but I just throw on a sheer gloss instead.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I just got this lipstain today expecting a dark terracotta shade like the color of the packaging. unfortunately it isn't like that at all on me! it's more purple with just a hint of brown. not very flattering with my peaches 'n cream skin and dark circles. i was debating between this shade and flame, which i'll pick up next time i have some more pocket change.

Other than the color though, i love it! It's lasted me through lunch and the stain didn't leave residue on the anything, even on the lip balm end that i used right after.

I could see this drying out fast if not stored tip down, and you do have to exfoliate any dead skin and moisturize your lips well... but that's the price for using any felt tip lipstain.

Great idea, but in practice it's not that long-lasting. The color of this Forbidden shade is lovely - a subtle plum that looks great on my pale skin. My husband said it was "sexy" and he never comments on my lipstick. However, it wore off pretty quickly after eating and drinking.

I did try leaving it on overnight and then found it wore off much less quickly the next day, and wasn't "gone" until after dinner.

The Joe Fresh lip tints last longer than this for $6 Cdn. The only problem with those is that the "stain" you get doesn't always match the color of the product when first applied, but at least it's color.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When you use lips stains... you cannot have dry lips. A stain will only fall into cracks in the lips, so use a balm for about 10-15 minutes beforehand while doing the rest of your makeup. I cannot live without this product and shade now. When I first bought it, I hated it. I've finally figured out that you have to use this like a magic marker. How does a magic marker go onto skin evenly? When you use this vertically on your mouth the color is distributed evenly and the finish is beautiful! You can still lightly line your lips with the stain and then do this, but this is the most effective way so there is no bleeding or excess stain that builds up on your lips. I've used a lot of stains, and this is the best one on the market. Nevermind the high end brands... those don't work either. I wear this every day and my balm hasn't broken off. I can't believe I didn't try to work with this earlier. No makeup is fool proof, so work with it a little more! When you choose a lip stain you have to keep in mind the true shade of your lips. The darker your lips, the darker the stain will appear. On me this is a perfect neutral berry rose shade and the entire lip never fades.

on 11/2/2010 1:54:00 PM

I am a chapstick addict but was hoping to find something to add a bit more color to my lips. I hate lipstick because it comes off so easily for me so when I saw these I thought I'd try it and see what happens. I first tried the other one that Drew Barrymore does an ad for and the one I bought was dried out so I returned it and bought the forbidden lip stain instead seeing as it had a balm with it. The color is ok, but not quite what I was hoping for. It feels very dry on my lips and while the balm helps, the sensation doesn't last long enough for me. For being a stain, I don't see the color lasting either. I was not impressed and for $9 a tube, I was even more disappointed. Oh well, live and learn.

on 10/29/2010 8:52:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I bought this last week in the color Frenzy. The first problem was that the color was a lot darker than it looked. The color was supposed to be a purplish pink and turned out to be bright red. Ok, I like red, so no big deal. When I first applied it I liked it. It looked even and not dry. I tested it out the first time just around the house for a few hours, but once I'd eaten it started to wear off in the middle like someone else said. I wore it one more time to work, and I figured since I was at work and not eating it would last longer, but no, I ended up with the ring around the mouth look. It went back to CVS a few days ago.

Popular Lips Products