Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb EDT

No Image

3.6

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

Don't let the name fool you - FLOWERBOMB isn't an explosion of floral notes. In fact I can only seperate one floral note in the EDT version.

The main thing I love about the EDT is the long top note of green tea; It's so fresh and zingy. It adds a sense of energy and refreshment when applied to skin.

Sadly everything goes downhill from there. Being an EDT the notes of the already soft florals are watered down, so the jasmine envelopes them, so I can't seperate anything else other then the sweetness of the heavier jasmine. Oh; the jasmine does mingle with the lingering tea note, prolonging it further still.

The base is rather flat and boring. Just a commonly used musky sandelwood blend, sweetened up by the remaining jasmine notes. Considering the price and high number of awards I was expecting something a bit more 'wow'.

Scent notes:

Bergamot, green tea, jasmine, rose, freesia, orchid, sandalwood, musk and patchouli.

The heavy, faceted glass is shaped as a hand grenade. The glass is clear, showing the pale pink juice inside.

It's a EDT, so don't expect to get a lot of wear per spritz, despite the cost. It's goes close to the skin quickly and wears of within 4 hours.

As it's lighter and fresher than the EDP you can wear it all year round. The original can cause headaches in warmer weather, but I've not had any problems with this.

Although I adore the more developed tea note in this and like that it's easier to wear, I'll go back to the EDP after I've finished my bottle.

Initially I thought I was being clever by saving a bit of money going for the EDT rather then the EDP, but it's still expensive and is noticably flatter. Nice, but for the price I wanted it to be just as complex as the EDP.

Conclusion: It's worth paying more for the more complex EDP variant.

Popular Fragrances