Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

Too Faced Naked Eye Kit
Naked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye Kit

4.1

on 10/20/2012 12:49:00 PM

I really like these colors. They are cool-leaning and very light, but that is what I look for to wear every-day. I have found it really hard to find the perfect gray-brown colors, and urban decay Naked has way too much glitter/shimmer for me. So I picked this up and I'm glad I did. Lap dance, like a virgin, and unmentionables are perfect gray-brown colors. Stiletto is also a great black, which I don't wear very often but it is great. The other four colors aren't awful but aren't great. I do experience fallout with a few of these colors, but not enough to deter me from using them. Overall, for very light and natural colors, this is the best I have found.

on 10/9/2012 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is my GO TO makeup. Every day. I never really like to splurge on expensive makeup, but last year my fiance let me go on a shopping spree in Ulta. I bought tons of expensive makeup, this palette being one of them. I don't like to wear heavy makeup, I like to look more natural, and out of all of the makeup I got that day this is the only one I still use, not to mention I use it daily and still haven't run out.. totally worth the money. Anyway, I don't really go by the suggestive way to use it that is labelled on the palette. I use the light color on my brow bone, and the medium tan one on my lids every day. I use the top non shimmery one as my eyeliner, and my eyebrows. I love that there are non shimmery matte shadows on the pallette, and then below there are shimmery ones for going out and more dramatic looks. Also, the pinky shimmery one is really pretty. This palette is very neutral, and I love it and will be repurchasing, if I ever run out.

on 10/9/2012 11:37:00 AM

This rather nondescript palette is becoming indispensable to me in my new life as mother to an infant. The shades are of good variety yet work well independently and together; the quality is buttery and blendable. The name is NOT misleading: the eyeshadows are definitely soft & sexy. Sometimes a bit too soft. The palette leans cool, but it's not too bad if your complexion is slightly warm. Lasting power is superb with a primer.

The good stuff: Several of the shades are standouts, while a couple are merely "meh." I am in love with all the darker colors - they're great as crease (rock it in the socket!) and liner shades. Stiletto (matte deep black) is making my life SO much easier. I use it wet as my daily winged liner and 1) having it right there in the palette is super convenient, and 2) I don't have to wash my liner brush every time I use it. (Gel liner can be gummy and messy to remove and turns your brush rock solid if you forget. The powder just rinses right out.) This liner situation is almost (not totally) as dark as my gel & liquid liners, but it looks good, really lasts all day, and the ease of use and application (much smoother to apply for me) is worth it. I like the ratio of matte to shimmer shades, too. I haven't been into looking like a glitter-bomb lately. Sad, but true.

The merely OK stuff: The lighter base shades (you know, the bigger pans that dominate the palette) are pretty sheer. You can pack it on and it won't look chalky/cakey, but it's still kind of annoying to get them to show up. I'm better off using Pillow Talk (the medium satin taupe shade on the top row) as my allover lid shade. Birthday Suit works for me, though. This probably won't be an issue for the more fair-skinned (I'm an olive). I'm also not a huge fan of the pink shades. I get why they're included, and Satin Sheets especially is a gorgeous golden-pink, but they just don't look that great on me. I still find small ways to use them, though. The other minor downfalls include: powder fall-out (can deal with this, but I hate when the shadows get dirty) and NO MIRROR. That one, I hate. Otherwise, the packaging is cute and sturdy, if slightly bulky.

Some cute instructional cards are included with the palette, but they basically explain the obvious: brow, lid, crease shades. Hope this helps y'all in the increasingly diverse world of "natural" eye shadow palettes...I am discovering that the key is really just finding the one with shades you love.
continued >>

on 8/18/2012 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Hated it. The eyeshadows were chalky, dry, and barely showed up. I have several eyeshadows by Too Faced and none of them are like this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Bear in mind that this palette came out waaaay before UD's Naked palette, so don't expect much similarity between the two. TF seems to take the "Naked" part much more literally than UD. The TF Naked Eye Kit consists of mostly soft, tonal colors in taupes, neutral pinks, and soft greys, almost all of them on the cool side. (It's cooler than UD Naked 2 and MUCH cooler than Naked 1.) There are 3 matte shadows in this kit: a bone white, a taupe, and a black. The rest have a subtle sheen and there is no glitter to be found. The shadows are buttery soft and pretty pigmented, but the shades are so subtle it might be difficult for some people to tell. I'm fair-skinned with a pink undertone so these show up well on me. I get better than average staying power even without a primer.

However, I know that many more of you have a golden undertone, so this may not be for you. I believe that if you have a yellow/olive undertone, or tanned or dark skin, these could look too pale and frosty in a dated '80s kind of way. If you know how to rock cooler neutrals, go for it. Otherwise, I'd go with Too Faced's Natural Eye Kit, which is basically another kit of neutral shadows but with warmer tones more similar to UD Naked. The Natural kit is also very high quality except for one pink shadow that is little more than a glitterbomb. But either Too Faced palette works well if you need makeup to wear to the office, or if you just like a more natural look where people will notice your eyes, not your shadow.

on 6/18/2012 12:04:00 AM

The colours are so beautiful, nothing is left wasted. The balance is perfect. And the instuction cards are really handy for the first application.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE this and I got it on sale at Ulta during their Beauty Deals or whatever. Probably use it more than my Urban Decay Naked pallette. I love how this has the colors sorta "set out" in day/evening/office.. frankly, I just love the color selections. The light grey one on the top line is great, it's so unique. And the black shadow is great as a liner...i use my MAC pencil brush and use it as a soft smokey daytime liner. The packaging is meh, but whatever.

on 6/17/2012 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like all the colors in this palette, but I can't personally use all of them or at least I haven't found a way to use them. I tend to use the three large base colors (birthday suit, in the bluff and pink cheeks). I love Birthday suit as an overall base for my eye makeup. I use Pink Cheeks and In the Buff to create highlight on my brow bone.

This palette was my first adventure into Too Faced makeup products. I like the look of their packaging design, but the palettes are kind of klunky and aren't very travel friendly. I see they used to have a drawer for a cheap makeup sponge...glad they got rid of that. I like the makeup guides they include with the palette, but I personally will never use them. As an artist I just find them visually interesting. Maybe someone else would find them really helpful.

The shadows themselves are very powdery and normally that would totally turn me off and I will admit that at first it did, but the more I used the shadows the more I realized that though they are powdery they are not chalky. The eyeshadows are very silky and I have seen people use the term "buttery" to describe Too Faced eyeshadows. I think that is a great term. Now they don't beat my favorite Mac eyeshadows, but they are still up there. I am especially fond of Birthday Suit and I wish Too Faced would sell this as an individual color. It isn't really anything special, but on my skin it creates the perfect base for my other eyeshadows. If I can't find a decent alternative I will probably break down and buy this palette again.

The other colors in this palette are pretty but I can't find much use for them. The good thing about this pallete the colors are muted and soft, but the problem with this palette is the colors are muted and soft. Some of the colors are just "meh" and even though my skin is pretty fair/medium these colors don't pop. Lately I don't want really "loud" colors, but some of these colors don't even make a "whisper" on my skin. Perhaps I like a little more drama than most who want naked eyes. Who knows.

I would definitely suggest this to anyone with fairer skin or who is new to makeup. There are some good colors in this kit, not all of them are great, but I think for a palette overall this is a good deal. Its not the greatest palette, but it has some winners in it. :)

on 5/29/2012 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been gravitating towards large palettes where you make your own combos and eyeshadow singles lately. But I just started a new job where I have to wake up at 6:45 AM to make the commute and believe me, coordinating and expertly applying makeup is simply not happening. For instance, this morning I tried double hard to do a good job on my appearance and when I went to the bathroom at work saw a big stripe of sunscreen in between my eyebrows. So while normally I relish the opportunity to spend 20 minutes expertly applying some cool color combination, before work is not that time.

Enter the Naked palette. This palette has the trios already picked out and arranged (I don't use the cards, but they might be good for some). I can do the whole thing in under 5 minutes including primer. Even if I screw up a little, it's not noticeable because the colors are so natural and go together so well. The lasting power is stellar. By the time I get home I've been gone upwards of 12 hours and there is never any creasing and barely any fading (with a primer, and a cheap ELF primer at that).

The look is really beautiful and subtle. Perfect for the office. The top two really can't be overdone even if you apply them wet and the bottom fashion look can be dramatic or toned down. I feel very professional when I wear anything from this palette. While I like very pigmented and dramatic eye makeup a lot of the time, a lot of the time I need to look more conservative at the office, want a bright lip, or want to wear something a little crazy clothing-wise. When I want a neutral eye that is dramatic and noticeable (hey I'm wearing makeup!), which I do love to wear sometimes, I go with my Nude 'Tude palette from TheBalm.

I have no problems getting this to actually show up though. It definitely doesn't look like you're actually not wearing eyeshadow. I've found that if I just apply the trios as are, they are a little faint (except fashion). The way I get it to look much more dramatic (but still office-appropriate) is to put a LITTLE bit of the color "stiletto" in my outer V with all the looks and use the darkest colors from the other two to do my whole crease.

I have both the naked and natural palette and I vastly prefer this one. While the natural palette is very nice and is definitely more pigmented, it's very warm and doesn't contrast well with my eye color. If you are cool toned and wanting a good neutral palette, this one is fantastic! I bring it to travel a lot as well.

Update:
I've found that if I use a bit more of a heavy hand to apply this, it shows up BEAUTIFULLY. Not faint at all, I simply wasn't using enough color! The pans are kind of small, so it's easy to not get enough color on your brush since you can only pat them, not swirl or brush. So just go over it a few times and you'll get that vibrant gorgeous cool-toned neutral eye you're after.

Also my most recent early morning debacle? I got to work and saw a big spot of matte bronzer on my lower cheek, totally unblended, just sitting there all orangey-brown. I think I need a new schedule!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this palette.
It's my all time favorite eye shadow palette now. I got it about a month ago and I've been using it ever since. I don't even want to use other eye shadows anymore, which is a problem because I have a lot of them.
I finally found a palette full of cooler wearable shades that don't make my eyes look red or yellow, like for example most UD's Naked palette shades do.
I love the beautiful packaging. I have the newer one without the bottom drawer, so it's not bulky at all. It fits easily on my make up bag.
The shadows are soft and easy to apply. They don't have much fallout and the colors are not too dark for my pale complexion.
'Like a Virgin' is a perfect brown matte crease color. It's my favorite of them all. I can use it also as my eye brow color.
I love all the colors, there's nothing I wouldn't use. I'm using all of them constantly.
There's a matte black shade called "Stiletto". I use it to line my eyes. I've stopped using pencil liners or any other liners and I'm currently using only eye shadow as a liner and Stiletto does a great job. It lasts all day and looks natural.
This palette provides perfect cooler toned eye shadow colors and even has a great eye brow color and liner color.
Absolutely amazing palette.