on 4/6/2016 2:12:00 AM

I first bought this BB cream when I was in Hong Kong. They have a store called Sasa, and I was able to get it during a sale. It was less than 90 HKD and all you need is a pea to dime size drop to use on your face.

I noticed immediately it lessened the redness of my face, and made my overall skin tone more appear even.

It does tingle at first if you have dry spots on your skin like I do (my cheeks!), and it does come out of the bottle very pale, with a gray-ish tint. However, once it oxidizes, it can match skin tones that are on the lighter side. I'm a rather pale Latino due to my mix heritage and the fact I don't see much sun unless someone forces me to. (LOL).

To use, pump a small amount onto the back of your non-dominant hand. Then with a finger of you other hand, dip into the bb cream and place it sporadically on face. When your face as a a number of dots, use your fingers/or a blending tool to blend the spots of bb cream outward. A little goes a long way. Build up coverage if you desire. This bb cream minimizes the appearances of red spots, but it won't make them disappear nor will it get rid of the dark shadow under your eyes.

Overall, it gives a more natural, glossy look to your skin.

The only reason I will not buy this again is that I notice it does break me out. I've read some reviews on other sites where some people's skin broke out after use, like mine. But if you have a more indestructible skin type, it might work wonders for you.

on 2/20/2016 12:15:00 AM

If you're looking for an Asian bb cream, you've found it. I bought this pink, orange and silver/gold bottles before. I do feel that my skin looked better after using this. It has a grey tinge to it which sucks and it only comes in one singular shade. I end up just using a darker setting powder to offset how white it can look on my face.

This is a popular product and I find it to be ok. It is creamy and give me a dewy look. Light to medium coverage, and wears off around mid-day. I like to believe in the claims it does to your skin, but honestly I didn't think it was very impressive, it's just a creamy foundation. I use around 1.5 pumps to get enough product dispensed, still, one bottle can last for a very long time. Cute packaging!

on 12/17/2015 2:34:00 PM

This is a product I used to love but now I'm not so fond of it. I'm not sure if you are aware, but this product was reformulated last year.

At first I was excited, thinking a reformulation would mean an improvement. One of the reformulation aims was to get rid of the "grey" aspect. I don't even know what to say. I mean maybe it is a little less grey, but it is a lot lighter than it used to be. I am an "ivory" and I look sick putting this on.

This bb cream also is heavy and transfers. If I blow my nose half my makeup comes off. The makeup lasts only half the day even if I don't touch my face. It just fades off and melts. I have combination skin.

I've come to a sad end with hot pink. I have about 1 and half tubes and I can't wait to use it up and be done with it. I wear it to work and school because I don't care what I look like there. Not around friends or my boyfriend. Once upon a time my friend's mom raved how great my skin looked wearing this. I'm not exactly sure what happened.

on 11/9/2015 10:52:00 PM

I purchased this around 2010, when it still had a cult following on YouTube and the blogosphere. I absolutely loved this foundation at the time I purchased it, partly because it was so trendy, but also because I was a complete n00b about foundations. If you were to ask me circa 2009 to 2011, I would probably wax poetry about how it was the perfect foundation... color matched me exactly.... etc etc. Present me is a little less enthusiastic for a variety of reasons.

1) This definitely does not color match to natural skin tone. In fact, it's really only wearable if you do a finished face (blush, lips, eyeshadow, bronzer...) but is too bare and ghastly to wear on its own. 2) It's beige borderline grey.... basically zombie makeup-but very dewy zombie makeup. 3) The product is created for the Asian aesthetic, which is clear, pale as sheet, mannequin-like skin.

The last caveat is personal preference, but I've long abandoned trying to look like my favorite kpop stars in favor of a more natural foundation. I don't like mismatching the color of my face to the rest of my body just to assimilate into an unnecessary beauty aesthetic for Ultra! Pale! Skin!

There are positives, however. I wish Skin79 would package whatever magic is in their BB creams into a skincare line. I always noticed how much brighter and healthier looking my complexion was when I was regularly using this product. Even after washing my face, my skin glowed and looked so amazing I was confident going out at night without foundation. (Actually, I'm pretty confident now either way ;P) This is also one of the best coverage BB cream from back in the day, and covered everyyyything, without accentuating dry skin or acne.

But with all the new bb cream products being mass produced here, there, everywhere, it's pretty easy to go and find a more reasonable product that actually looks like skin.

on 11/3/2015 8:16:00 PM

this is a must have ! im 18 and have acne oily prone skin since i was 14 tried nearly every acne brand there is and none worked atall i bought this just to give it a bash and OMG! feels amazing on my skin hides my blemishes good coverage and even helps my spots amazing product

on 7/20/2015 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used to love skin79's bb cream. I thought it would be an essential part of my everyday makeup routine; my how things have changed! I have used it consistently everyday for about a year and a half. For a brief period, my skin condition was improving, plus I liked how it wasn't too full coverage. About a month ago, I started getting horrible acne on my cheeks, tzone, and chin. I blamed everything but my beloved skin79. I only realized that was the culprit after I wasn't using it for a week due to lack of availability in my area. My skin cleared up! Looking back, maybe this product wasn't the best.
Cons:
-Very thick consistency that will transfer onto anything your face touches
-settles into facial creases and pores, making them more obvious.
-product will "dull" though out the day, making skin look tired and in itself dull.

I also felt like I could not use other products (eg. Primer, powder, contour ) along with it. Almost like nothing was compatible with it.

Pros:
- hygienic and practical packaging
-blend ability and color

That's about it. I'm sure this will consistently work for some skin. In a way I'm glad this stopped working for me because I have moved on to better products

Great BB cream, out of all of the Korean BB Creams I think this one is the most popular, its not too thick and not too thin, I just wish it came in more colors, also the bottle lasts a really long time, however when you get down to the bottom you can't see how much is left and also since its a hard plastic packaging you can't open it to get the remaining product, but for the price its not bad compared to $60 foundations in department stores

on 8/22/2015 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Good medium coverage. Goes on smoothly. Didn't break me out. Doesn't control oil too well, so better set it with a powder. The main thing I didn't like was that it has a greyish cast to it, kind of like washed-out skin when worn, and I also notice this when I saw my friend wear it. Good price though.

on 9/13/2015 4:57:00 AM

I have bought this product so many times because I love it so much. It covers most of my blemishes and doesn't make my dry patches stand out. My only problem with this product is that it doesn't stay on my skin for long, which means that I have to reapply it at least 2 times throughout the day. But, it's very layerable and I have yet to see it look cakey after using it for about 3 years.