Sephora Sephora by OPI - Only Gold for Me

Sephora  Sephora by OPI - Only Gold for Me

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

LOVE LOVE LOVE this polish! I wear it alone, brushing on 2 coats then filling in bare spots for a super shiny, glittery look. It's like a disco ball for your fingers. So festive and fun, perfect for the holidays. Many people have complimented me on it. I find that it stays on for about 3-4 days with no top or base coat, then peels off easily (yes, I know I shouldn't peel it off, but I do!). Great fun polish.

on 11/16/2010 12:40:00 PM

I love this top coat! I put on 2-3 layers for an extremely blingy effect over neutral colors! I would repurchase it!

on 10/21/2010 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I do not use glitter polishes or top coats but I had to have this when I saw it on the Sephora SA who was wearing it over "I'm With Brad". There was something about the way light reflects off the tiny little mirrors and micro glitter in this. It doesn't come off as being childish. When you apply it, random bits come out and it looks fabulous. Don't let it scare you when you see it in the bottle....test it and you will see the effect. Looking at the bottle you would also think that it's too gold but it really isn't. You can wear it with silver jewelry. It's beautiful over darkish to dark polishes but I'm also going to try it over fuchsia for when I go to Hawaii just before X-Mas because I think it could work. The only thing I don't like about it is the price....$12.00 CDN is a bit steep.

on 10/10/2010 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is so great and awful at the same time. I'm addicted to it. It looks kind of ugly in the bottle but once it's applied, a minimal amount of fine and larger pieces of glitter coat your nail and makes it look like classy confetti, if confetti can be described as classy. It's just gorgeous, and I am generally not a glitter top coat person. I don't think it's that gold either, despite the name and how it appears in the bottle. Once on, it's more of a gold-silver hybrid, making it wearable for any skin tone and over any polish. Sunlight bounces off of it in the most stunning way - it must be seen! Swatch it next time you're at Sephora.

My favourite look is this over top of OPI Bubble Bath or another light, subtle colour, though it looks great over top of everything (seriously.) It's a really great way to add some bling to a natural look without it being dramatic, tacky or too eye catching. It's not juvenile like some glitter can look - honestly, I would even wear this to a formal event over a light nail polish like I mentioned above. It's just so PRETTY.

Now...the awful part. Such a messy pain to get off. Comes with the glitter territory but it never stops being horrible. It rips up any cotton pad and you have to set aside some serious time for removal. Luckily, this stuff lasts a long time (and again, over top of a light colour, chips won't show as much!) so you can sport this for a lot longer than you would regular polish. And unlike other glitter polishes, in my opinion, this one truly is beautiful and versatile enough to keep going back to and suffering through the removal just for a chance to wear it again. So this is a 5 lipstick product, but anything glitter has to lose a point for me for the sanity-testing removal process.

on 10/21/2010 11:51:00 AM

I bought the Sparkle Me Silver OPI topcoat at Sephora. It was pretty but the glitter was long and sticking out all over the place. So brought back and exchanged it for this which I love. Truthfully, I've only used it as a pedicure. When I went to the beach in September, I put the Only Gold for Me topcoat over a sheer sparkly polish and I could NOT stop staring at my toes the entire vacation. GORGEOUS! And classy; not too much at all. The pedi lasted almost a month, and then it was very easy to just peel off. I'm excited to wear on my fingernails for the holidays!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Ohhh goodness. I am ashamed to admit it, but I really love this stuff. I am by no means a glitter person. In fact, when I shop at Sephora for anything I'm always sure to tell the saleslady that I do not want any sort of glitter. Yuck. It's tacky right?
But this isn't tacky. Not at all. I layered it over an iridescent black and my nails look like a nightclub, in the best possible way! My nails look exciting, which is a nice change from my usual neutral colors.
As a top coat, it's also ridiculously wonderful. I have a lot of trouble keeping polish on my nails, due to the fact that that I play several instruments and, with 3 roommates, I spend a lot of time doing dishes (no gloves! the horror!). Literally, I have never experienced not having my polish chip after 24 hours, and I've tried a variety of brands. After 3 days, this polish looks as fresh as the day I applied it without a sign of chipping.
I just recently started wearing polish again in an effort to protect my nails as I attempt to grow them for my sister's wedding in six weeks. I've got to say, with this stuff, my nails really feel like they're wearing a shield.

on 6/11/2010 11:27:00 PM

This was my guilty pleasure buy from Sephora. I typically have to talk myself out of buying this kind of glittery polish because I feel like I'm too old for it and can't really wear it to work. However, after testing out I HAD to have it. This polish is a clear top coat packed with both small and large pieces of gold glitter. It looks great on its own or on top of another polish, and it's easy to get the amount of glitter you want with each stroke. The seller for me was that the large glitter pieces look like little jewels. They had another bottle with silver confetti glitter that applied great as well.

Only Gold for Me glitter top coat consists of gold hexagonal glitter and microglitter. I love layering it over pretty much anything, and I've used 1/3 of the bottle in the few months I've had it. It did start to get thick, but I used a few drops of thinner and it cleared right up, so that wasn't really an issue for me. I would definitely recommend Only Gold for Me, and I will be buying another bottle when I run out.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This top coat looks like a little too much in the botle, but once you apply it, the glitter scatters beautifully all over your nail, it looks almost like a veil, really gorgeous! This toap coat is excellent to match with your favorite nail polish in warm tones. It is perfect for a party! I love it!

Popular Polishes