E.L.F. Mineral Blemish Kit

E.L.F. Mineral Blemish Kit

4.1

Active Ingredient: Sulfur 3.0% Inactive Ingredients: Zinc Stearate, Barium Sulfate, Silica, Kaolin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Corn Starch Modified, Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Dextrin, Magnesium Myristate, Calcium Sodium Phosphosilicate, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides(CI 77891, CI 77892, CI 77899).

on 12/14/2011 11:04:00 AM

Didn't do anything for me, the powder is kind of useless, doesnt conceal pimples and doesn't really help them heal faster. I neglected this for like half a year, tried it again and still thought it was useless.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this in the hopes of finding cheaper alternative to bare minerals blemish therapy, and this exceeded my expectations. im finding that it works BETTER than the bare minerals, perhaps because im not trying to ration it to save money. the brush isnt as soft,and the powder doesnt seem quite as finely milled, but it totally gets the job done. there's more product, and the price is WAY cheaper.

also, some people reviewing this seem to be confused as to what it's supposed to do. it is decidedly NOT a concealer, but it does make my skin look better, somehow more even, its hard to describe. it's excellent for setting concealer, and its a great way to apply blemish treatment over makeup. i also mix it in with my mineral foundation to counteract the clogged pores that my sunscreen can cause. so glad i bought this! if you like the bare minerals powder, you'll really like it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this stuff and the High Definition Powder together. This product was FAR better than I was expecting and I find it to be multipurpose. I use it in the morning and at night over my regular spot treat to give it an extra kick and it works FANTASTIC as a regular setting powder. The color works amazing with my skin tone and adds a bit of extra coverage. A little pricey compared the rest of the ELF line but still TOTALLY worth it!

on 7/11/2011 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

This product is my holy grail. I use the mineral blemish kit daily night and day. It helps calm down the redness of a zit as well as shrink it. It goes on sheer for fair skin. If you have darker skin you may have to blend it in a bit more. It doesn't dry out your skin or have a harsh smell since it contains sulfur.

I don't have a problem with the little brush. It may be a little scratchy for some but I don't find it bothersome. It holds the powder on top rather then get swirled into the brush which helps you apply the powder to your blemish instead of losing the powder in the brush. Be sure to wash the brush often as it's coming in close contact to germs.

The container is nice too. The top can double as a mirror if you are in a pinch.

on 8/23/2011 9:36:00 PM

I wouldn't say that this is the holy grail to clearing blemishes, but the active ingredient is sulfur and it's supposed to be better than your typical acne fighters.

I had a *monster* zit on my jawbone (need to stop touching my face) and it's taken a week to go away, but short of cutting it off or popping it (no!), I'm not sure much would have helped. That said, it is going away and doesn't look like it will leave a scar. I've also been using this on problem areas (persistent whiteheads) and those are now going away! Hooray!

So, based on the overall improvement of my skin, I will credit this product and would recommend it to friends. It is not a miracle cure (anything that promises to be is probably a lie), but it does work to improve the quality of your skin by killing the bacteria that causes blemishes (I found an article that explained the pros-cons of different acne fighters).

I agree that $8 is steep, so wait for a half off sale if you are on the fence. Sulfur is expensive, so in that respect you pay for what you get.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I like a lot of E.L.F. products, so I thought I would give this one a try. It was messy and awkward to use. I was disappointed that the only disinfecting agent was sulfur--it's not very effective. It just didn't work at all for me and I wound up tossing it.

This is a really good alternative to the BareMinerals treatment! It has the same sulfur amount (3.0%) without the ugly smell! I was honestly stunned when I saw this @ Target and I just had to try it! I guess the only gripe I have with it is that I find it a teeny bit hard to get a proper amount of product through the jar but I don't mind. I'm definitely going back to this $4 miracle!

on 6/8/2011 10:26:00 PM

I wasn't sure this was a product I really needed since I don't have breakouts that often. Still, I needed something to treat the blemishes I do get and wasn't having much success with other products. Since I have been generally satisfied with several products in E.L.F.'s mineral line I decided it was worth a shot on a half price sale. This is the best blemish treatment I've ever used. Even better, it conceals the blemish while it's healing it. The included brush makes application smooth & easy. The powder is fine enough it blends in easily with my other makeup. This is an E.L.F. item I'll gladly pay full price for when I need to replace it.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

The brush it comes with is great. The packaging is nice. It's plastic, not glass.

DON'T shake this product. Or you'll get a cloud when you open it and you'll end up with too much. This is NOT a concealer. It does lighten my acne scars.

I use a large brush and use this as an all over powder. It doesn't over dry. It's not irritating, and it doesn't have that sulfur smell. It helped my acne clear up. It's not mattifying.

Since it does contain bismuth TEST ON A PATCH OF SINCE BEFORE USE. Some people maybe allergic to this. I never had a problem. However, DO NOT USE IF YOUR ALLERGIES ARE SEVERE. I used this product when my allergies were at its worst, and it didn't help, it made me sneeze more (probably because it's a loose powder) And it wasn't a pretty sight.

Overall, I would recommend this. I've been using this for the past 5 months and I haven't even used half of the container (and I use this every day).

on 5/19/2011 4:31:00 PM

- Used as a loose powder does not look so good, I am used to better powders.
- If I need this kind of acne treatment overnight, I can buy some sulphur/zinc powder from pharmacy, much cheaper ....
+ Way how to get a small sifter jar and a brush. It has plastic hair similar to foundation brush. I like it for applying eyeshadows.