Stella McCartney Stella Nude

Stella McCartney Stella Nude

3.7

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this perfume. I don't know much about perfume and different notes and stuff like that, but I will say that whatever is going on here I really dig it. To me it smells very romantic and spring-y. This is the only perfume I have ever bought after smelling just the sample size (shout out to Sephora!!!), but it made such an impression that I actually went ahead and bought it. It's my 'special occasions' scent.

on 12/19/2010 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

In Sephora, at first spritz I detected a rose note.... about 30 minutes later while walking around the mall I got a wiff of what I can only describe as "wet dog". Thinking maybe it was one of the other scents I tested.... back I went for another test.....no doubt it is wet dog.... couldn't clean this hot mess off fast enough.

on 4/11/2010 12:28:00 AM

I love rose scents but, hate the old lady versions. This is very current and young. Lovely light fragrance. Definitely a must try. I am not normally a big floral person but, this fragrance was a pleasant surprise. Love it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. Before this, my holy grail was the original Stella EDT, but somewhere along the line it started to feel like something had changed... either my nose or the perfume's formulation. It had become a bit too sharp, dark, and stifling for my taste.

Enter Stella Nude... a fresher, lighter version of the original Stella. I do see how it is a descendant of the original Stella, sharing some of its lovely rose notes, but Nude is much brighter, softer, delicate, and perhaps younger (in a good way). There's a somehow mysterious quality that gives it a clear distinction from all the generic florals out there, and a depth that makes it really compatible with my skin chemistry. It doesn't have any sharpness to it, which is a relief. Another thing I absolutely love is that they don't sell it in Japan (where I live), so there's virtually no chance of running into someone using the same fragrance as myself.

The sillage not so strong, but maybe that's not such a bad thing since it prevents me from overperfuming myself and making others feel uncomfortable. I reapply it several times during the day, so my 1.6 ounce bottle (50ml) is being used up so quickly I've just reordered it in the bigger 3.3 ounce (100ml) bottle.

For those of you wondering if Stella Nude is similar to the Sheer Stella line, I personally feel they have nothing in common (at least Sheer Stella 2009, which is the only Sheer edition I own).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Since I love the original Stella, I hoped I'd love this and I do. This is a lighter, fresher perfume than the original but still heavy with rose. Great lasting power.

It's still a gorgeous fragrance that I highly recommend.

on 8/23/2010 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Seen as thought the original Stella is my abosolute favourite perfume of all time i thought i'd give this a go too. This is just as lovely, but lighter and a bit fresher - perfect for daywear. Love your perfumes Stella x

on 2/25/2010 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For years, I have been lazing about in the spicey-oriental-gourmand area of the perfume rainbow. It's a long story, but I've suddenly decided that florals are nowhere near as heinous as I once thought and I've become enamoured with rose notes, specifically Morrocan Rose.

After some research on the information superhighway, I had narrowed my search down to YSL's Parisienne and StellaNude as they both sounded grown-up enough for someone like me; yet they were not the scary, dusty tea rose my great-grandmother is likely wearing in her grave. It was off to Sephora to meet these two worldly ladies and see which one I would be taking home.

Without comparing the two scents, I found StellaNude to be what I would call a "Humid" floral. It's got a certain steamy quality that reminds me of a perfume on just-showered skin. I'm hooked. I've paired it with BS's Morrocan Rose body butter for dry skin and I'm hoping StellaNude will remain on the market for a while.

I'm far too much of a fickle fragrance tramp to call this a "Holy Grail", or to say I could remain faithful forever. But, for now, I'm in love...

I'm so surprised more people don't seem to like this. It's a pretty. feminine, floral, but clean scent. My only complaint, as someone else mentioned, is that it doesn't last very long.

I have never really been a big fan of rose scented products in general, but I was pleasantly surprised by this perfume. When I first put it on, all I get is rose, not obnoxious over-the-top rose, but just very pretty and feminine. Within a few minutes, it dries down to a more subtle scent that is still slightly rosy, but also clean and soft smelling (I know, I am bad at describing scents!) I think the overall appeal of this perfume versus the regular Stella is that although it smells of rose, I do pick up on other notes, unlike with the original perfume. I did take one lippie off because it really isn't that long lasting on me, but I do think it'll be ideal this summer and even though it's cold now, I find myself using it still almost every day. Will most likely repurchase.

on 1/26/2010 9:26:00 AM

I *just* bought this fragrance last night at Sephora and I am wearing it now. Had I read and then heeded the reviews I may not have purchased this. However, I didn't read, I did purchase, and I am THRILLED that I did. This scent is absolutely gorgeous. I was looking for something to replace Bath and Body Works Peony scent which they discontinued and this is a dead ringer for it. This smells amazing on me. So much so my mother opened my bottle and used it before I could!! (I had tried the tester on at Sephora). I have BOATLOADS of perfume and body lotion at home so I won't need perfume til I die but I WILL probably repurchase this when I run out. I would have given this 4 lippies but I want to take a few more days to test drive this and then I will update my rating

Popular Fragrances