La Roche-Posay Effaclar Toner Astringent Lotion

3.3

Water, Alcohol Denat., Glycerin,sodium Citrate, Propylene Glycol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Capryloyl Salicylic Acid, Citric Acid, Salicylic Acid, Fragrance.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I like it in combination with serozinc, WHICH IS DISCONTINUED!!! WHY??? Alone, it's okay, but not brilliant. I will continue to purchase until I can get something else or make my own serozinc.

I find the product being bit too harsh. The smell is also quite strong, very medical type of smell. After applying the toner I feel quite strong burning sensation and my skin feels irritated. The toner is also quite drying, even on the oilier parts of my combination skin.

Three words: AD-DIC-TED. I purchased this after watching one of my favorite beauty bloggers swear by it, and now, I'm addicted to it. I used it twice a day - in the morning (followed by the La Roche Posay Spring Water mist) and at night, after Cetaphil cleanser. I've either found the perfect combination of skin care products, or this stuff alone is awesome. I hadn't used a toner in many years, but this product feels gentle enough not to dry out and strip my skin, yet hard working enough to pick up any stubborn residue left behind after the Cetaphil. It is a great product and well worth keeping as a staple in a skin cleansing regime.

it does keep my skin matte but other than that, nothing more.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

* MY SKIN - Combination and dry in the winter with occasional acne.
* HISTORY - I've always used Clinique's Mild Clarifying Lotion in the past but decided to try out this product since I'm a fan of La Roche Posay.
* EXPERIENCE - Clinique's Mild Clarifying Lotion has always been good to me but I found that it required a lot of product on the cotton pad to do the job (I always had to re-moisten the cotton pad). This Effaclar toner seems to work just as well, I don't experience any tingling / burning / itchiness which is good. Also, the Effaclar does not dry out in the cotton pad like Clinique's Mild Clarifying Lotion does which means that unlike the Clinique product, a drop or two of Effaclar goes a long way. I also like the flip-top lid instead of a cap.
* PRICE - 14.20 at the pharmacy
* SUMMARY - At about the same price as the Clinique product and with the same effectiveness for my skin, I would definitely repurchase.

i find tht this works well with my combo skin. it isnt too drying and it cleans up really well. even after washing my face with a deep cleanser, i still find a residue of dirt on my pad tht i used with this toner. it doesnt rlly help with sport treating for acne, but knowing tht it gets rid of excess oil and dirt, i rlly like it.

Good for combination skin. It works well on my T-zone to keep the level of sebum decreased. Advantages: last long, works well on T- zone.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i feel refresh when i applied it but if u put an excess for product on the pad , it will dries up your skin . i will not buy it again .

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

i have been using this product in combination with the foaming cleanser and mattifying lotion for a month now.
This is a secret weapon in stopping break outs it won't work on it's own but is exceptional when used with the cleanser in particular. I'll be repurchasing this for sure.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

Did not like this at all.
It did not help my acne, it did not help my skin be less oily and it irritated my skin.
Stopped using it.