Tarte Lifted™ Natural Eye Primer with Firmitol™

Tarte Lifted™ Natural Eye Primer with Firmitol™

3.9

Isododecane, nylon-12, polyethylene, cyclopentasiloxane, polysilicone-11, amino butyric acid, barium sulfate, panax ginseng root extract, portulaca oleracea extract, centella asiatica extract, ethylhexyl palmitate, disteardimonium hectorite , VP/eicosene copolymer, propylene carbonate, methicone, phenoxyethanol. ( /-): Mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 3/26/2011 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I got this as a sample at Ulta and I absolutely love it. It is sheer but evens out the skin tone on my eylids. I also use it as an undereye concealer and doesn't settle into fine lines.I just use a few dabs and then tap in into my skin. A little goes a long way. It makes my eyeshadow last a good 12 hours, regardless of the brand. It also prevents the mascara from smudging under my eyes.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh MAN did this product fail me.
Now, I don't have allergic reactions to anything, really.
The first time I used this it worked rather well. The second time I used it it quite nearly burned my eyelids off, that was after they swelled halfway shut. I don't know what kind of ingredient caused it, but I'm surprised at such an extreme reaction from a product line that's touted to be full of natural stuff that's good for your skin.

Please note that I've only had one reaction to a cream before in my life, and it was an expired Avon product.

Disappointing. I'm going back to the Bare Escentuals primer, which I liked just fine before trying this. I don't know why I ventured out into the great unknown in the first place...

**Pros: You get a lot of product; it is easy to apply; it dries fast.
**Cons: The consitency goes from creamy to dry-cakey quickly, and this super dry, clay-like base does not make eyeshadows long-lasting.

From my experience, I liked how easily it dried at first, but I found that my eyeshadows just blew off within hours. I tried it with Lorac e/s, Bare Escentuals e/s, Urban Decay e/s, and even Tarte e/s; but, the results were the same!
I did not work with it long enough to find out if it really does improve the texture of my skin, so I can't really evaluate the claim that it diminishes wrinkles. I'm sticking with TF, UD, BE, & Lorac eye primers.

on 12/17/2010 10:44:00 PM

This primer gave me spots on my eyes, which I have never ever had before. I was obviously reacting to something in it.
I did several tests, not using it for weeks but everytime I used it, strange bumps on my eyes so despite being natural this is an irritating product for my skin.

Also it did not help my eye shadow to stay on for very long, not beyond a few hours. TFSI is way better and I will never buy this Tarte primer again. Shame as I have been looking for an organic primer for ages but this is not it. Waste of money and bad product.
Tarte have some other good products but this is not one of them. I recommend you not buy this.

on 11/17/2010 7:37:00 PM

I love Lorac Behind the Scenes eye primer but when I was able to get a friends and family discount for Tarte I decided to give this a try. My eye shadow does not appear to be easier to apply, blend, or look more vibrant. It definitely does help with creasing and fading but only up to about 8 hours whereas with the Lorac primer I could go 12+ hours and my eye makeup still looked brand new. I will continue to use it until I run out but I won't be repurchasing.

on 10/26/2010 3:09:00 AM

i find this to be similar in quality to udpp only a bit thicker. i dont care for the wand applicator for sanitary reason. it allows shadow to apply more smoothly and stay on all a very long time. i still get minor creasing at the end of the day and as for the fine line improvement, i saw none but i didnt really expect it to. this is a vegan cruelty free product and i reccomend it and other tarte products.

on 9/26/2010 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I didn't love it or hate it. It's ok but the price is too much for it just being ok.

on 9/15/2010 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have very sensitive skin and my eyelids are prone to eczema. I have tried Laura Mercier eye primer in the past (and it was fabulous - worked incredibly well), but eventually, it too became an irritant for me. I tried this and have loved it. I walk outside everyday in disgusting St. Louis humidity & heat during my lunch break, and eye eye make-up looks flawless afterward (I also use Tarte eyeshadow). I can't use Tarte eyeliner pencils, as they have bismuth oxychloride in them (a natural mineral that a lot of people are allergice to -- note, if you are terribly irriated by Bare Minerals as I was, this is probably the culprit). But I wet my angled eyeliner brush and apply Tarte black or bronze eyeshadow, and it is absolutely in place (not creased up on my eyelid) after 10 hours and walking outside in the heat for an hour). In my opinion, that's pretty incredible. My advice: If you do not have any issues with sensitivity, go for Laura Mercier. If you have sensitivity issues or flakey/irriated eyelids, go for this Tarte brand. I definitely love it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I didn't really have strong feelings either way about this primer, except for the price. $20 for a tube to be used within 6 months seems pretty costly, considering that other primers (or, at least, the NARS one) last up to a year.

on 9/5/2010 10:08:00 PM

I like it...don't love it. I mainly got it because it was a more natural alternative to UDPP. It does the job but is not as "sticky" or adherent as UDPP or MAC painpots. I could care less about the claims of firming because it was not the reason for purchasing it and I wouldn't believe it anyways. It is somewhat pricey for the size but I always purchase tarte from their website and use a 30% coupon so it works out well price wise. The top cracked on me, so the packaging is kinda cheaply made. The primer, also did not last very long, seems like it ran out quickly.