Stila Lip glaze

Stila Lip glaze
Lip glaze

3.1

Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/ Candelilla Cera, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/ Cera Carnauba, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Lanolin Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Camellia Sinensis (Camellia) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Flavor (Aroma), Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Benzyl Salicylate, 3-Methyl-4-(2, 6, 6- trimethyl-2-cyclohexen-1yl)-3-buten-2-one, Hexyl Cinnamaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Geraniol, Citral, Linalool, Eugenol, May Contain (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090). Contains carmine as a color additive.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These are some of my favorite lipglosses (besides MAC lipglass & VS Beauty Rush being my others I consider favorites & own many of). I am wearing Glint right now from the Holiday 2014 set which was $35 clearanced off of sephora. The good thing about stila is that you can find it on sale if you look at Ulta or Sephora but you can never be exactly sure when so as a Stila "collector" I just check every so often or ask an SA & sometimes I can score some pretty nifty stuff! I love the colors that Stila comes up with, they are neutral & not loud nor bright nor garish most of the time & the quality is gr8! The lip glazes do go bad after awhile so this isn't something you want to be going to buy 3 back ups of coz they will taste/smell turn'd after you've had them for awhile (at least a year usually!). I love their subdued earthen neutral muted color wheel sort of "palette" [color concept] from Stila, these colors are ones I love! Lip glazes are thick & sticky which gives them good staying power & the lip brush is a neat idea. I love the flavor/scents, some are more shimmery/glittery than others & my favorite of course being Kitten (I mean who doesn't love Kitten!?). I consider Stila to be HE makeup for its prices principally but also for quality. I "think" that Stila is so much better than of the DS makeup I have & I don't know if i consider myself a makeup snob necessarily ...these lip glazes are top notch quality. I don't mind paying a premium price for a premium product. I've got so much makeup it's borderline crazy-stupid, but Stila makes me happii so I don't mind. The lip glazes are one of Stila's best products. They are very shiny ("glossy") & the reason why is because they are more sticky than oily. I find the lip glaze to be a unique product, it's just different & innovative from anything out there from packaging to the texture/flavor combos just def worth splurging on if you are a gloss chic or like neutrals. These are very moisturizing to the lips also.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

As others have mentioned, you have to twist this quite a bit to dispense the gloss and it makes irritating click sounds at each turn. I find the brush applicator leaves the product streaky on my lips, and it is sticky.

I admittedly don't like glosses in the first place, but I think this may be too much hassle even for someone who does like gloss.

on 11/11/2014 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I guess I'm the odd one out here, because I like the packaging even though yes you have to click it a lot the 1st time, but I hate most of the scents - I know they're supposed to be fruity but to me they smell like cough syrup. The only one I tried without a scent is Persimmon but that was a rare exception. I also don't like that all the colours are either so sheer they're basically clear or very pigmented (like Persimmon, a bright pinky red); nothing in between.

on 9/3/2014 5:51:00 PM

The product is okay but, honestly, I will never buy this gloss because of the packaging. I'm not a huge gloss person to start with but I received a gift set of three for my birthday from a family member. The gloss is sticky and I like that it stays on longer than the average cheap gloss. Color is great.

I can't get over the twisty paintbrush application. Yesterday I twisted the base a thousand times and could hardly get enough product out to apply a coat! Today when I went to use it I huge glob came out and I had to blot my lips!

Nice product but I think I can find a better option with easier application.

I have tons of these from a gift and I am not impressed. There is barely any product and they are really thick and sticky. They don't last long on my lips at all. The only good thing is the pigmentation, but they still go on very streaky. Definitely not worth the price.

on 11/19/2014 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a pretty neat lip gloss. I have this in Orchard as well as a few other colors that came in a kit I bought after Christmas 2013 when everything went on sale. I love the shimmer this specific color has. It is certainly one of my favorite lip glosses out there and it seems to have better staying power than a lot of other glosses. I guess I'm just not a big lip gloss fan--this is quite tacky and sticky. I won't buy more but I will wear it occasionally when my lips need a change.

on 5/3/2014 10:34:00 PM

I have this in spiced ginger. Though the colour is very nice inside the pen but need to apply many layers to get to that colour. So it works out an expensive lipgloss. The texture is very sticky and always get caught up with my long hair.

Lipgloss in a pen is interesting. It's easier to apply when you don't have a mirror with you. Otherwise, I don't see the fuss of it. I would prefer the traditional one with a wand.

on 4/28/2014 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I bought this in the colour "blood orange" (which is self-explanatory) and I am IN LOVE with the colour, since I find that red glosses are a nice way to still go red on days when I just don't feel like keeping up with a red lip. The gloss is a bit sticky, but I don't mind the way it feels. It smells like strawberries, and the product is generally good -- and for $8? Not too bad.

That being said, the only word I can describe the packaging with is, "embarrassing." I really hate having to reapply this, because you have to click the stupid pen thirty times, and the "paintbrush" sort of configuration is just generically stupid.

Love love love the gloss, hate hate hate the packaging.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really enjoyed this gloss. All the stila lip glazes smell like their names. I think this is really cool! Haha, anyway I got a whole pack of these lip glazes for Christmas and I love them! They all apply nicely because they have brush tips, and they smell amazing of course. I just wish these could be a little more pigmented and not be so expensive because you aren't getting that much in one tube.

on 7/20/2014 11:37:00 AM

I have about a dozen of these. They leave a nice wash of color and just the right amount of shine to wear to work. I can make it several hours without having to reapply, if I don't eat a heavy lunch.

These are a glaze. Sticky, not full on color opaque, and not moisturizing. So if those are turn offs to a lippy, no matter how beautiful they are in the store they will be a huge let down for you. If you don't mind the sticky and a more muted look these are fantastic, perfect for the office where a bright bold lip is frowned upon. It's not to say that these are not pigmented, they are. They just won't be as bold as say MAC or Too Faced.

My only complaint about the packaging is how much you have to twist the first time you use it. I got annoyed after a few moments and went hog wild. So much mess :(