Sigma F55 - SMALL DUO FIBRE BRUSH

2.7

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Like the other reviewers I experienced some bleeding with this brush when I washed it. The black bristles still fall out and it's not a dense brush at all. It can't be used for stippling on foundation since it's so flimsy and doesn't give a super smooth finish. It's only redeeming quality is that it works well with light colored cream blushes, but even then the white synthetic fibers feel scratchy on my skin.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Miserable excuse for a make-up brush. When washing the brush it bleeds black dye like none other and stains the white bristles. After several washes the brush still bleeds. It makes me sad for wasting money for a totally unuseable product.

Too small for foundation or blush, too big for highlighter, not dense enough for bronzer... I really don't see the purpose of this brush.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I was so impressed with the brush!!! I am obsessed with MAC and MAC brushes but had been spending so much $$ lately that I didn't want to shell out $38 for one brush that I wasn't sure that I really needed. So I orderd the dupe from Sigma. This was my first product from them. I actually orderd from ACW. Anyway, I was not sure what to expect, but the brush exceeded my expectations. I went to my local MAC to "inspect" the 188 before I placed my order. The brush is very nice! It came with a lovely plastic cover, the handle is thicker than the MAC brush and it has some weight to it. The bristles are soft and plush. It was only $14.99, so It was a great bargin. I plan to purchase a full set of these very soon. If you are on a budget or not, and want some really nice brushes, get Sigma

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've never owned a Mac brush since they are way out of my price range, so I picked this up. I do have some shedding when I clean it up nothing major. This gives the most perfect application with cream blushes, I have always found it hard to use my finger to apply them and that can make my cheeks look a little blotchy and uneven. And if a blush is very vivid and bright this gives a nice sheer application giving that nice glow. Something none of my other brushes give with those types of blush. I am considering purchasing another since it is a skunk brush and holds the color you last used. Also, the brush is super soft. So, yes of course I will buy again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the absolute worse brush I've ever used. I was hoping to find a dupe for the MAC brush for stippling, but I was very wrong. Don't waste your money on this brush-- it sheds like crazy! I've had this brush for half a year, and it sheds 1cm long black bristles all over my face. After applying my liquid foundation, I have to go back and pick off each bristle-- SOO ANNOYING! So now I've finally moved on to better quality brushes. I believe even drug store brand stippling brushes are better than this one.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Bad, bad brush. It sheds, it's bleeding dye and is not dense enough. I had it exchanged, but had the same problem with the second brush. Although I like Sigma brushes in general, I do not like this one.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

originally i got this because i didn't want to fork out the money for the MAC 188. but this brush is so scratchy. so i put it up for swap and got my hands on the mac 188. it is so much softer than then sigma one.

Hate this brush! It's a shame, because I love my other Sigmas, but this one is truly terrible. It's not as full as the promo pictures suggest (feels flimsy when I use it), and it bleeds dye EVERYWHERE. I just washed it, and while it was drying, the black bled onto the white. >:O It was easily removed with brush cleaner, but still, it shouldn't be doing that. Sadness. But I'll keep using it until I can afford to ditch it for the MAC 188!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I use the Sigma Makeup SS188 every morning to apply my liquid foundation, and haven't been disappointed in it yet! It's small enough to get under my eyes (and hide those dark circles!), around my nose, and also blends a smooth layer of foundation on the rest of my face. I think this is a great brush!

Popular Makeup Brushes