Too Faced Natural Eye Kit

Too Faced Natural Eye Kit

4.5

on 5/29/2014 10:13:00 PM

This palette is incredible, you can create so many different looks from a heavy brown smokey eye to a no makeup makeup look. I use this mostly on weekdays for a natural eye look. I use heaven (a matte, off-white/cream) on my lid and brow bone, velvet (a cool toned beige with a hint of grey) in the crease and pushup (a shimmery bronze) in the outer V.

The pigmentation (with the exception of nude beach, which is chunky and glittery) is great and the texture is smooth and very easy to blend.

The palette also contains some darker browns that I only use as shadow liner (sexpressso, erotica and cocoa puff), as well as two lighter shimmer shades (honey pot, which is gold and silk teddy, white/light pink) that I use sparingly as inner corner highlights (only once in a while).

I have the older version of this palette, the new one that just came out has some new shades. When I'm finished with the current one, I will purchase the new version. I highly recommend this palette, I think it is a great go-to palette that would suit anyone.

on 5/5/2014 12:50:00 PM

This review is for the reformulated 2013/2014 version. In my experience, Too Faced can be very hit/miss when it comes to eyeshadow palettes. In general, I love the quality of most of the palettes I've owned, but there has been a few duds along the way. This one - is no dud!

I own A LOT of palettes, especially neutral ones, and it's hard for me to use them repeatedly, day after day, unless I really love it. Let me tell you, I really love this one.

The shades are perfect for an everyday neutral eye that can be worn to work, church or even a night out. The combination of matte, shimmer and glittery shadows works so well. There's not one single shadow in this palette that I don't like. They blend well, wear well and last all day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This was my first eye palette that I purchased from this line. It's fabulous! The colors are great and very wearable. They also have great staying power especially if you use a primer underneath. I purchased my mine on HSN when they had it on sale plus free shipping. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a nice natural palette.

on 3/13/2014 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Okay, I have both Ud naked and this.
Here are 2 key points that I thought I would share

1. Basics:
UD: what it has: shimmery lid/highlight colors, 2 matte blending browns, black
what it doesn't have: matte highlight

TF: what it has: shimmery and matte highlight/lid colors, matte blending brown,
what it doesn't: black

2. Mids and Darks:
UD: mids: mid tone colors are beautiful (smog, buck and especially toasted are my favorite colors of the palette)
darks: (besides black) quite muddy, not as pigmented, hard to blend

TF: mids: not as good a selection, texture not as good as UD
darks: much better than UD, super pigmented, easy to blend

----
So here's the deal, this is about what you use most.
I use mid tone shades (toasted is my fave eyeshadow every) more often, I need a black and I don't mind using Virgin as a satin finish highlight, so for me, UD is better.

However, if you use a lot of darks and do smokey eyes often, or need many matte colors, I would say TF might work best for you.

Both are lovely, both are worth the price tag, both are travel friendly.
Hope this helps

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This was my first eyeshadow palette, and I got it about four years ago. Now that I own so many eyeshadows, it's not my favorite. However, they're really pigmented, and they blend well. Nude Beach is the only one with huge glitter pieces, so I don't like that one. There are eye shadows in this that are close, or exact dupes. Heaven is a dupe for MAC's Blanc Type. Silk Teddy is really similar to UD Sin, MAC's Naked Lunch, and Jest, Honey Pot is a dupe for UD Half Baked, Velvet Revolver is a less pigmented version of MAC's Omega. I'm sure there are more, but that's all that I have right now. It's a great palette if you love neutrals.

I think a lot of people would be mad at me for this, but ill say it... I very much prefer this over my naked palettes. Yes, nude beach has fall out. But I think so many people hold the naked palettes to such high expectations that they don't admit that those actually have worse fall out. And it doesn't matter too much. I hold a sheet of tissue under my eye. Afterward, I go back in and clean up any sparkles or color that still may have gotten on my cheeks. I do still love my naked palettes, but I feel like maybe this one works better with my skin tone. And too faced does excellent with matte shadows.

on 5/29/2013 8:30:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this when I was searching for a "Naked" palette alternative. After going back and forth on many brands in Sephora, I decided on this one! I'm glad I did because I use all the browns daily and the lighter colours are great for highlighting. This is my first "high-end" eyeshadow product, and boy - what a difference! I find it be extremely pigmented and long-lasting throughout the day even without primer.

My only problems with this palette are that the middle colours don't get much use and it's very pricy. I would probably not purchase it again, although it seems that it will last a very long time. Next, I will be going for Naked instead.

on 9/11/2013 8:08:00 AM

I like the colors in this palette but I do not like to use it because of the fallout of the shadows. They are so soft that it is hard to work with. Would not buy again because there are many alternatives. I think that the packaging of the Too Faced palettes are very cute!

on 11/24/2013 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Disappointed. . . this is not worth the money to me. This caught my eye months ago, and I love neutral shadows and had never tried Too Faced eyeshadows before. While I love their BB cream, this just isn't something I would ever buy again.

I have hit pan on 2 matte shades in the top row - "Velvet Revolver" and "Sexpresso" and like both of these shades. They are not the best quality but I really like "Velvet Revolver" worn alone on the lid, and it blends decently but isn't as smooth as some other brands. Although Velvet Revolver looks great worn with some brown eyeliner or a cat eye.

My main dislike is the excessive glitter in the "Silk Teddy" and "Nude Beach". I have used these a total of 2x each. . maybe. They flake a lot, and are quite dusty. They don't show up with much colour but mostly glitter/shimmer on my eyelids and there is too much fallout for me to reach for this. As a base shade they are too light for my skin and look odd on my lids. Overall - I have almost used up all of the matte shades but the others just lack quality and are too shimmery for my taste. Packaging is cute though, but if you drop it - the glittery shadows are very soft and will pretty much break immediately - and I've dropped my Naked palette - it was fine along with other Lorac, Kat Von D shimmery stuff which survived the flight down, but this just broke and fell right out of the box, which really isn't a big deal considering I don't use the glittery shades.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I work at Ulta and I got this with my discount and I love it. I use this for a daytime smokey eye & get so many compliments on it! It's a good palette if you like shimmer. One of my favorites for sure.