E.L.F. Cream Eyeshadow (duo): Butter Pecan

E.L.F. Cream Eyeshadow (duo): Butter Pecan

3.1

Price: $

Price: $

Love the colors. Pigmentation is not as high though but still cute

on 7/26/2010 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The two shades in the Butter Pecan cream eyeshadow are very pretty and shimmery. One shade is much lighter than the other (it is a bit pinky - the other is a bit more brown) and can be used as a highlight. I love this product because it can be used in many different ways. You could use it as two eyeshadows, or as primer for other eyeshadows. You could use your finger or an eyeshadow brush to rub it in. As an eyeshadow, it looks very shimmery and natural. As a primer, it makes my eyeshadow darker and helps it stay on longer. I'd suggest using the lighter color as a primer, but both colors work. Overall, it is a really great product and makes for a very pretty and natural look.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This proudct Is a great base and is highly pigmented!! I will buy again

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This was not good. It creased and the peachy color looked orange on my skin. Not buying this again.

I like it! If I don't use an eye shadow primer it doesn't crease but if I do it does. Weird! I use this when I want to have a nude makeup day, but still feel like wearing some shadow. I don't really like the consistency of the product, however. It is a bit too thin.

Their worst product. This has the texture of vaseline and stays that way on your lid. The color as any elf product is darker then the website, but thats sometimes ok. Butter pecan is much darker then the picture so check swatches! It looks like peanut butter
Whats not ok is the color it goes on as. It is barely tinted! Think of those cheap tinted chapstick you buy at the drugstore. Thats the color they have.
Wearing them as a base for other shadows make my eyes look cakey, wrinkly and old.
E.L.F. have some good products but don't buy their cream shadows.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This eyeshadow duo looks like a peachy brown and dark brown in the pot but goes on looking frosty peach and a soft copper color. The lighter shade is too light for my skin tone (or maybe just for my tastes in makeup. Some of you who are more daring with your eyeshadow colors may like it.) The color is buildable, goes on smooth, and did not crease although to be fair I didn't wear it all day. Overall I think this is a very pretty understated day eyeshadow and also a great base for Milani's flare.

I took off one lippie for the packaging. I bought two of these and the screw on tops will not stay on either one. :(

on 2/13/2010 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Like it alot. It pats on nicely, and holds perfectly with loose eyeshadow over (and primer under). Makes the eyeshadows pop. It's not to dry, or to wet, just great. Smells like a Barbiecar or something thou. lol

But, this wont, like most other creamshadows work if u apply a heavy layer and dont prime nor set it with eyeshadow. Thats the highway to creasing.

on 5/30/2010 3:47:00 AM

I seriously don't like these ELF duo eyeshadow cream. It doensn't even work as a cream, its more like grease bases that don't work ==". DON"T BUY THIS WHATEVER YOU DO! DONT" WASTE YOUR MONEY. This color is pretty plain too, with a nude color and a basic brown.

on 3/18/2010 2:48:00 AM

I ordered six of the cream eye-shadows and Butter Pecan is one of the worst. I paid 50 cents during a recent sale, so I am not too disappointed and e.l.f. products are hit and miss. I ordered the powder version of Butter Pecan in hopes that I can salvage the cream version.

Peach is peach and it goes on so wet. Before I applied the shadow to my lids, I swatched this product on my hand. This shade was is so wet and took forever to dry on both my hand and my eyelids. As we know, e.l.f. cream eye shadows are not cream to powder. When I applied this on my eyelids, I used a primer and a matte eyeshadow ~ Peach went on wet and stayed wet. This color faded very quickly on my eyelids, and you could barely see the color at all. The other color is light bronze with the perfect amount of shimmer. It's a very pretty color for my yellow-orange skin tone. This color faded within thirty minutes and was barely noticable on my lids. I applied the shadow with a flat top, dense brush on my eyes.

Out of the six eyeshadow that I received, I like about half of them. When I receive the powder version, I will update my review if it remedies the situation. As of right now, I will continue to purchase the cream shadows again, just not Butter Pecan...