MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.5

on 8/16/2010 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm over 60 and have been extremely impressed by the overall finished look I get by applying this product before foundation. No question-this is a keeper and will remain a staple regardless of the foundation used.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Want your makeup to stay put allllll day/night? Buy this amazing stuff & chances are you will fall in love. It's by far the best setting powder I've ever encountered. If you use too much you can get a very slight white-ish look, I swirl on a tiny bit more bronzer after and it blends right in. Between this and fix + spray i have no need to look for anything else. I've got all the staying power one could need! I really don't want to ever be without this.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I love this powder!! Its my HG setting powder. Its a bit pricey but a lot comes in a jar and you only need a little bit. The packaging gets a bit messy. Since i dont have a large paddle brush, i use a small kabuki brush and it works great. My makeup doesnt move with this stuff..

on 5/6/2010 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. It really is amazing. It really does make my makeup look flawless... I wear it over my select concealer (NC50) and MSF natural in dark and it looks great. I would recommend this to anyone. I spray a bit of fix plus over the top and I'm ready to go.
My only issue is the packaging; the number of times I've opened it and it's gone everywhere is ridiculous so Mac could improve on that. It is slightly pricey but I'm not surprised considering it is MAC, it is worth the price though. One of my makeup must haves. x

on 2/17/2010 1:14:00 PM

We got this product in my makeup course. When I put it over my eyeshadow and my mac fluidline it makes my eye makeup (on my hooded eyes) stay in place.

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I was debating over the MUFE HD powder or the Laura Mercier powder, but i'm so glad i went for this one. It really does go on translucent and doesn't leave a white cast on my face, in real life or in photographs. I use it to set my concealer and foundation and it does that very well. I also use it even if i'm not wearing any concealer or foundation, i find that it just makes my skin feel a lot smoother, keeps it matte for pretty much the whole day and gives my face a more 'soft focus' kind of look.

Of course, when applied over dry and flaky skin, which i do have, it will make the skin look even drier and scaly. But what do you expect when you put powder over flaky skin, pretty much all powder will make it look worse.

Overall, its a great setting powder and just an all over powder, love it and will be my holy grail translucent powder. Not even interested in trying other brands because it's that good, my search is over :)

on 1/7/2010 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Awesome product. Will never be without this. Sets my foundation and concealer nicely. Some days i don't like to wear foundation so i just put little bit of this with brush to give me soft focus and works wonderfully.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Great product. I thought I'd found my HG loose powder (small convenient packaging, no oxidization, makes my skin smooth and soft...), but I was running low on it, so I purchased the MUFE HD loose powder.
Sorry but MUFE HD is superior. It is much softer, REALLY gives me a poreless, airbrushed look, and makes my skin soo soft.

on 12/30/2009 6:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this since it came out, so, for months...My skin is normal/dry, add to that that I'm 44...I love it, I'm on my second container. All I can compare it to is MUFE HD and E.L.F.'s High Definition Powder, which I just received and have only used a few times. For skin that tends to be a bit more dry and/or mature, I think this is the best, hands down, provided this is what you're looking for. It doesn't dry my skin out like the other 2, and sets my liquid foundation as well as my undereye concealer beautifully. Every other powder I've used to set undereye concealer looks dry and cakey, which is what sparked my interest in the new translucent powders....MUFE, I don't like it, not even a little bit, sucked every bit of moisture out of my skin, it was absolutely horrible (and frankly REALLY overpriced as it's only silica). E.L.F. is bit better in that the main ingredient is Dimethicone...then silica, but can catch on dry areas that I didn't know that I had, but is still a tiny bit drying, but much better than MUFE. MAC P+P doesn't do that. I thought that it would be a bit drying with cornstarch, but it's not drying on my skin at all. Although MAC doesn't promote it as a product for dry skin, I think it's the best out there for setting undereye concealer and believe me, I've tried nearly everything. Even the powder that left my skin looking dewy, Chanel Natural Finish Loose Powder, is very drying under my eyes. Two thumbs up for MAC!

*EDIT* This is a temporary edit...This is not to say I don't love MAC P+P Transparent Finishing Powder but I did compare it to two others and I may have to re-evaluate the ELF HD in comparison. I said it was more drying under my eyes but I believe that it may have been caused by applying the Studio Sculpt Foundation with a sponge, wiping away moisturizer and primer. I used my brush to apply today and used the ELF HD powder and it looks great. I'll give that a try for a few days and do a review on ELF, but as far as MAC goes, still a GREAT PRODUCT!

on 12/14/2009 2:17:00 AM

I got this in the summer hoping that it would control my oil....well...it worked better than my other powders but i still got oily on my t-zone...anyway, it's one of the better powders but still looking for my HG...
on the plus side, it did cover my pores and made my face smoother...it also gave me a great finish...it didn't cakey or made my face look powdered down...and it's good to use in the winter...might buy it again for winter use..

almost forgot...i hate the packing!!!it's so messy and i always spill a lot of the product when i use it...