Korres Silicone-Free Face Primer

Korres Silicone-Free Face Primer

3.3

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Melissa Officinalis Distillate* (Melissa Officinalis Flower/Leaf/Stem Water*), Dicaprylyl Ether, Cetearyl Alcohol, Coco- Caprylate/Caprate, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Benzyl Alcohol, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil* (Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*), Limonene, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Sodium Phytate, Betaine, Citric Acid, Leontopodium Alpinum Flower/Leaf Extract*, Honey, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Linalool, Pectin.

I love the consistency of this primer. It made my foundation look so smooth and even! I love this primer!

Awesome primer by Korres that is surprisingly free of silicone. The texture it leaves would make you believe otherwise. The scent was a NICE surprise. I usually do not use fragrant products but I do enjoy this. I have very normal to dry skin so a primer isn't a must for me but I like to use it under mineral foundations. I hope they make a version with SPF in it for the day. The packaging is eh.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I've gone through about 80% of a tube of this and I know I won't spend $30 on it again. I love Korres products; their Mango Butter lipsticks are wonderful, and their Wild Rose Moisturizer is my HG. I think this brand is wonderful, but the face primer falls flat.

Pros:

- Never once did this break me out or irritate my rosacea skin
- My makeup looked no worse with this on underneath it
- The scent is lovely
- The ingredients are natural

Cons:

- My makeup looked no better with this on underneath, and furthermore, I feel that it did nothing to make my foundation glide on any easier. I have small pores except for on the sides of my nose, and this did nothing for them either.
- I saw no improvements in my skin after using this primer for over three months. This particular product is supposed to improve your skin's texture and tone, but it did absolutely nothing for me. I believe a product should do what it says it should do, particularly if you're paying a little extra for it.
- Sometimes this made my face feel a tiny bit tight when I put it on. Again, I have dry skin, so I really don't need my face to feel any tighter than it already is!
- For $30, you sure don't get very much.

Overall, Korres is a great line, but this particular primer really isn't on par with many of their other skincare products. For those with dry skin, I highly recommend trying Hourglass's No. 28 Primer Serum. It does exactly what I had hoped the Korres primer would do and then some! It's more expensive, but the results are fantastic, and worth the cost.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I feel like this would be a very decent primer for someone:
1. With mature or dry skin (seems to double as a moisturizer)
2. Who doesn't wear alot of makeup (the more makeup I put on top of the primer, the more it melts off my face by the end of the day) and
3. Whose skin does not tolerate silicones (silicone free).

Not a repeat buy for me, as I only fit #3.

on 5/24/2012 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Thicker than the Anti-aging primer by Korres (less liquid and more cream quality), and it dual functions as a primer and moisturizer. Great for dry skin, but if your skin is TOO dry, make sure you exfoliate and moisturize so as to avoid flakiness and similar issues. It has helped to heal my acne prone and sensitive dry skin. I did not have success using it under Lancome's Photogenic Lumessence (piling, ugh), however it looks great under my Bare Minerals original formula powder foundation.

This primer is very liquidy and moist so you have to give it a bit more time to dry before applying your foundation. It reminds me a lot of Napoleon Perdis Pre Foundation Autopolit primer in texture and smell. This might be good food someone with really dry skin.
I prefer gel like primers like Smashbox's Photo Finish Foundation Primer, Lancome's La Base Pro and my favorite for now, MAC's Prep and Prime.

on 12/22/2011 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Been using this for months. I can definitely tell the difference when I don't use it. I can see fading on the chin, nose, cheeks and forehead when I don't. The most noticeable place is my chin. Not sure if it helps my oily skin or makes the application smoother. Doesn't seem to be breaking me out either.

This is the first silicone-free primer I've used, and I have to say I love it! It looks and feels more like a moisturizer or lotion than a primer, and doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy or dirty. It lets my makeup glide on and stay put for the whole day. I like the fact that its packaged in a tube, as it lets you use all of the product and not waste any. I will definitely repurchase.

I can't wear anything with dimethicone (i get the worst breakouts EVER and it's in EVERYTHING) so it really limits the products I can use. This is the only primer that healed up all my old blemishes from my dimethicone days and provides a canvas for flawless makeup application. I've been wearing it for a week and people keep telling me how beautiful my skin looks. I wear this under my Mineral Fusion mineral powder foundation and dust some Korres Pink Blush on top!

give it a try if you're sensitive to silicone

on 8/26/2011 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse

This primer is great for those who want a flawless foundation application without pore clogging silicones. I have tried the smashbox photofinish primer and I had to return it because it felt like a layer of grease on my skin. This korres primer is lightweight and applies like a moisturizer.However, I pat it on the skin instead of rubbing it in like one would a moisturizer.