MAC Hello Kitty Kouture - Sheer Mystery Powder (Light Medium)

MAC Hello Kitty Kouture - Sheer Mystery Powder (Light Medium)
MAC Hello Kitty Kouture Sheer Mystery Powder

on 3/7/2009 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this compact! SOOOOOOOOOOOO cute! I had a gift ceritficate so i could justify the price. I said i would not purchase again, because I won't need to! So far I love the powder-so finely milled and sets makeup perfectly! It's not cakey in the least either. It comes with a refill which i was surprised about. Like others said, it's smaller than a regular powder but I plan on refilling with a blush if need be, or another beauty powder that comes out. I don't mind-I really wanted the packaging so I'm satisfied! I say if you really want something from hello kitty that you'll get a LOT of use out of, it's well worth the price. This will be my purse mirror forever, evn if I never get anothe rpowder for it.

on 3/6/2009 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really wanted this until I saw it in person. The powder isn't even normal size, it's the size of a blush! The only way I could justify buying it was if I could refill it with normal powder, not blush. I'm really disappointed because it's so cute!

on 3/6/2009 3:30:00 AM

*PICS*
I did it - I caved and bought this powder for $90. Is it worth it? Yes and no. So far, there's nothing mysterious about this powder besides the price. It looks like very finely milled pressed powder to me. I used a kabuki brush and applied this all over my foundation and it did give me a very finished look. It's extremely soft to touch and no apparent glitter/shimmer.
The product came in a fancy/flashy box along with an extra powder refill and applicator refill. There is only 5g/0.17oz of product in each pan. It probably won't last long if it's used on a daily basis, but it's great for touch-ups. The filled compact weighs 4.75oz so it's pretty heavy for a compact if you're on the go.
If you're a Hello Kitty fan and you don't want to spend $90 on a pressed powder, stay far far away from MAC because this is really temptingly flashy.
One thing I dislike about this compact is the applicator - usual cheap puff that comes with pressed powders. I thought for this price it would come with a magic wand, but I guess not. I also thought about replacing the applicator, but the well of the compact is much smaller than most pressed powders so I may just use a brush to apply.

Compact open: