L'Oreal Age Perfect Pro-Calcium Radiance Perfector Sheer Tint Moisturizer SPF 12

2.5

Bought this on Tuesday, returned it to Rite-Aid on Wednesday.

It was an impulse buy, I admit. I like L'Oreal skincare products usually and I had a $10 off coupon. I'm in my early 50s (fair, with rosacea) and thought it might be time for Age Perfect...

MOISTURIZER? Yes, it felt good on my skin. No irritation. No unpleasant fragrance.

TINTED? Yes, it is in fact "tinted," but that tint is ORANGE. In fairness, the day I tried it the orange settled down into an golden-orange color after an hour or so and it didn't smell bad.

SHEER? Way sheer. No coverage whatsoever. I expect tinted moisturizers to offer a little coverage and this didn't.

It reminded me of bad fake tanners, w/o the tanner smell. I understand why the words "oompa loompa" have been used in describing this product. If you're looking for a d/s TM, I can recommend Neutrogena, but not this.

This product works really well for me. I love it!
I'm in my 20's and have kinda sun damaged skin, somewhat uneven tone.
I got this free with a rebate, so the price was right. Pleasantly surprised at how this worked!
It really evens out my skin and gives me a nice glow with out looking fake (I'm naturally pretty tan right now)
I have to be careful rub it in good, and not get it built up in the eyebrows or it looks kinda orange. But applied right, it's amazing, twice now, when I've had it on, I've gotten random comments about how "radiant" I look -which is so funny because it says on the package that it's "Radiance perfector" haha
-The fragrance is pleasant.
-It does go on a little shiny, but for me it tones down quick and just leaves me with a radiant glow.
The bottle is pretty, gives you the illusion there's way more in it than there is, but that's ok. and you can turn the pump so it's locked and wont leak if in a drawer and accidentally pressed.
I will definitely get more of this when I am done with the complimentary bottle!

on 12/15/2008 7:11:00 PM

I got this essentially for free at Walgreen's, which rebated the price. And a good thing too, because it does indeed give me an oompah loompah effect. I was about to pitch mine or give it away when it hit me--it contains plumping spheres just like those high-end lip plumpers. So I tried it as a lipstick base and it does indeed plump up your lips. I didn't really notice any discoloration of my lips because everything was absorbed instantly. With three applications, my chapped lips were seamless again.

I wouldn't run out and buy a bottle for this purpose unless they were greatly reduced, which I have a feeling they will be, sooner rather than later.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this at the drugstore for 15.99 with rebate of the same amount (I wouldn't have bought it if not). I never trust drugstore foundations or moisturizers. I like the way my skin looks when I use it. Kind of dewy and younger. I haven't had the orange effect like some of the other reviewers but I am concerned about clogged pores. I don't use it every day. I won't buy again because I will just move on to the next product.

on 12/30/2008 11:22:00 PM

I'm still trying to figure out what the heck this stuff is supposed to accomplish. It's nasty looking onmy face.
Just buy mederma scar fade medicine for the same effect.

on 7/1/2009 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm not a huge fan of tinted moisturizers, but this is so light I barely notice the color. I bought the "light" tint for my medium/olive complexion and did not have any problems with it turning my skin orange. I think the scent is nice, and it fades quickly. Since I work in an office all day I barely get out into the sun, the SPF 12 is fine. I am in my mid-20s, so I bought this as a preventative thing, half expecting it to irritate my blemish-prone skin. It makes my skin soft and it goes on smoothly, so far no breakouts. I use 2 pumps for my face, neck and chest once daily. I got this 1/2 price at CVS, but I would probably buy it again for the regular $20.

on 11/18/2008 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I picked this up yesterday because it was $15.99 at CVS with $15.99 in ExtraBucks rewards, so it was essentially free.

From what the box said, I expected a tinted moisturizer with lots of the stuff that middle-aged ladies like: age diffusers, lots of hydration, dewy finish. Something like my Estee Lauder DayWear Plus tinted moisturizer.

FAIL.

It's not moisturizing enough, not sunscreening enough, and provides zero coverage. Also, the self-blending color?

Flash back to your first-generation Q-T self-tanning nightmares. I'm ORANGE.

OK, maybe there's some Vitamin C or other wondrous ingredients lurking around in there, but if I'm going to end up looking like an Ooompah-Loompah? Forget it.

on 12/5/2008 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I picked the lightest shade. I am an Asian, not the fairest among Asian either. It acts more a light blush than an overall TM to me. I now only use it on my cheeks, if I use it at all.

This TM first appeared uniformly tinted in the packaging. After staying in my drawer for a week or two the pumped out stuff is a twirled reddish/light tan like an icecream.

It never covers anything. Moisturizing enough for my normal to oily skin. There is a glow to it, which is prob the only good thing about it.
A generous size and a not too bad pump. Didn't get a chance to test the antiaging part because I decided not to use it regularly.

on 12/9/2008 1:36:00 PM

i actually did find this to be very moisturizing, however, as others have mentioned, the orange tint is awful and its a little too shiny for my liking. luckily this was a hand-me-down from my mom so i didnt feel bad throwing it away after one use!

on 11/7/2008 11:38:00 PM

About $20 U.S. will get you 50 ml (1.7 fl oz) of tinted moisturizer in a tall, slender plastic pump bottle that has a twistable cap to lock in an off position (great for traveling). I like the packaging very much actually. One of the drawbacks, right off the bat, is the low SPF rating. It's only a 12. Shame.
I find that one pump is sufficient to cover my face, but I do not know if that one pump of product is enough to give me any real sun protection so I suggest doubling this with a sunscreen.
When I place the product onto the back of my hand I notice that it is an ivory color with specks of bronze-colored micro-beads. It does seem to go on a bit orange at first, but the directions on the bottle say to "smooth onto face and neck until thoroughly absorbed". When I continue to smooth it out and rub it in it does end up blending in nicely. After I have rubbed it in you can tell there's color there, but it's not obvious at all, and there is also a bit of a sheen/luminousity (mica? I threw away the box already). I would describe the coverage as light. This also has a perfumey scent that is somewhat stronger than the average cosmetic. (The scent may be quite strong...my sinuses are congested due to seasonal allergies, but I can still smell the perfume). I will not repurchase this (even though I got it for free after rebate) because I prefer greater coverage, and a lower cost for the type of product.