MAKE UP FOR EVER Star Powder Eye Shadow

MAKE UP FOR EVER Star Powder Eye Shadow

4.6

on 2/15/2010 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Over all i love this pigment because of the natural shimmer that is not to much to wear everyday. I took one lippie off because of the terrible creasing i have to deal with. Even with urban decay primer potion, i cannot get it to stop creasing. But i will continue buying this product because of how nice it looks on my lids. I can't find another pigment as nice as this one.

on 10/3/2009 11:07:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I really like these shadows but I hate the package. I think they are a little on the expensive side, but the quality is great. The reason I prefer them over the mac pigments is that they are more finely milled so I find the application a little smoother. I only have 2 colors that I use as highlighters on my eyes and face so the finer the powder the better the finish for that purpose. Are there cheaper versions out there? Sure. But I think the quality is excellent and I will repurchase.

on 9/28/2009 4:15:00 PM

It's nice and everything, but...

In my opinion, there's no way to justify spending this much money on what is essentially just mica powder. You can buy the same exact same stuff from Coastal Scents or TKB trading for a fraction of the cost. MAC pigments have better application and a better value. Unless they come out with some super-unique new shade that I can't find anywhere else, I will not be buying these again.

on 8/7/2009 11:17:00 AM

Generally a good eyeshadow, I'd say MAC is a better investment though. It's a lot cheaper and the MAC one lasts FOREVER!!!

Sticks on my eye well, lasts for long. Bonuses for that. didn't give it 5 stars because the packaging is cheap and the glitter gets out really easily.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love these! Super pigmented and soft, creamy feeling almost. They hold up best over a primer, but they stick around just fine without. I prefer these to MAC pigments. There's not much else to say other than they're amazing!

on 6/24/2009 4:51:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I'm in love with these powder eyeshadows. They are so pretty. Really, really pigmented. So just a little bit is needed.
They go on smooth. Kind of a mess if you apply with too much on the brush. So make sure you tap the access off.

The colors are beautiful. It lasts a long time on your lids and in the container.

My only complaint about this is the container it's in. It seems to break easily. The top came loose and then the powder went everywhere. So I had to exchange it.

HOLY %$^&# lasting quality on these bad boys!!! i have several and they are fab. great hold over a primer, as another reviewer just mentioned. very beautiful finish and blendability. also the pots last FO-REV-ER. so end up being quite cheap

a story about lasting power: i swatched a color i do not have on the back of my hand, along with a few other products. wiped everything off with Bi-Facil. could still see a shadow from the Star Powder. swatched some other products and wiped the same hand again and still, some color of the original Star Poweder left behind. i still see the vaguest tint on my hand now, 2 days and countless hand washings later. this stuff is the bizness. not what you expect from a loose powder product

on 3/31/2009 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I love star powders, it is very easy to apply and to blend. The colors are lovely with loads of shimmers, I have a dark green, a golden beige, a chocolate brown and a bright pink! I apply them with a painpot under and it lasts for ages!

i have this in 916 pink gold and it is very nice. it only takes a bit on your brush to accentuate your shadow. very sparkly, and shimmery. i havent used it by itself yet. but layered over shadow, it adds a whole new dimension.

This is a great product if you're looking for something that is VERY pigmented. You don't need much at all, so don't load your brush up with this stuff the way you would with another shadow. I use this to top off any eyeliner to give it more staying power, or to layer over cream shadow to give it a different look. You can use it on it's own too, but I usually don't. It may seem expensive for such a little pot, but they last forever since you hardly have to use any each time you apply it. If you know what you're doing and have some experience working with pure pigment, I think you will like this a lot. It blends and smudges well, and is great for creating dramatic looks.