La Prairie Anti Aging Foundation SPF 15

La Prairie Anti Aging Foundation SPF 15
LP Anti-Aging Foundation SPF 15

3.3

Active: Octinoxate (7.5%) Other: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycerin, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, SD Alcohol 40 (Alcohol Denat.), Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Nylon-12, Glycoproteins, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil Unsaponifiables, Ilomastat, Ursolic Acid, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Plankton Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Carnosine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil Unsaponifiables, Algin, Hydrolyzed Malt Extract, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Phospholipids, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Pollen Extract, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Magnesium Sulfate, Squalane, Dipropylene Glycol, Trihydroxystearin, Serine, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, PEG-8, Diphenyl Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Cellulose Gum, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Sodium Phosphate, Sucrose, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Glycol, BHT, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Fragrance, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Methylisothiazolinone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Iron Oxides, Iron Oxides

on 10/29/2012 5:56:00 PM

As I am a huge fan of La Prairie caviar cream foundation I decieded to try out this one as it was half of the price. Ok, maybe it is ok foundation but after LP cream one it is JUST OK foundation. What I hated the most, it is very hard to blend, and it is VERY, VERY CAKEY! and it has this dry feeling even I have an oily skin. And the smell is just so chemical. Actually nothing good to say about this foundation. I would NOT recommend it!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this foundation for the last year and I love it. After trying many foundations on the market I am relieved to have found one that works. Previously, I used Estee Lauder Lucidity which was good however, it doesn't come close to La Prairie. This foundation is moisturizing and leaves the skin with a even hydrated finish (probably not he best product for really oily skin). One drop covers the whole face which is great since it is a little pricey ( 1 bottle lasts me about 8 months). The coverage is medium however, you can build this product up to offer more coverage for the days when you need it. I use a 300 in the winter months and usually just add a touch of liquid bronzer when I have a tan. It's pricey but it truly is a premium product, your skin improves just by using it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My favorite foundation has been La Prairie Skin Caviar Foundation and Concealer in Beige. I love this foundation. The problem is that I don't love the concealer. It is thick and heavy. When I use it under my eyes, my mascara always leaves marks. I think because it stays so wet. In May when I was ready to replace that foundation, I had a hard time paying $180 when I didn't love that concealer. The foundation lasted for 8 or 9 months -- I still have a little left. I bought Inglot Young Skin Makeup in Las Vegas and promptly returned my unopened LP. I have been using YSM foundation for the last 6 months. It was $16 and definitely worth a try. I have to say that I don't love it for my skin. At first I did, but I think my skin is a little dry for that particular formula. And, it goes on a little too matte looking. It was fine at first, but as the hot season dies down, I am not liking the finish as much. Dewier looks better on me. So, I got a call from LP this last week asking me if I wanted to come in for a Trend Fashion show. I talked to the sales person and ended up going in to try this foundation. She was able to match me to Shade 500. She put 300, 400, and 500 on my skin, and this color seemed to disappear. The shade is a really good match for my face (but my neck is lighter and more yellow), and one squirt covers my whole face. I would say it is a medium to full coverage -- leaning toward full. It is much lighter in texture than my beloved caviar foundation, and so far, I like it. I also like that the foundations have treatments in them and seem to calm my skin. I have to say that I don't love the price of LP products though. If things change, I"ll update this review.
UPDATE: I returned all of the LP products I bought because I kept getting little pimples. When I talked to the SA, she said that I should keep them for a couple of weeks because her skin breaks out with new products. I started getting cystic acne around my chin areas, and back they products went.

on 5/24/2011 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product comes with nice packaging, but the color range is awful, not a good match for normal skin tones, either too pink or too yellowy. Also, steer well clear if your skin type is oily, as it has poor staying power, and your face will feel and appear shiny all day long, even after application of primers and powders. Overall, this product is not worth its high price tag.

on 10/1/2010 1:06:00 AM

I am sorry I had to delete my previous review for this as it was getting too messy. Too many updates.
After over a year of using this on and off I came to realize that it is the best foundation I have used over the years. Not a HG though!
This liquid foundation comes in a pump bottle. It gives me a satin finish but after a while I look a little shiny.
Coverage can be anywhere from sheer to medium.
I love this mixed with my moisturizer. It comes out as the best tinted moisturizer. I use shade #700 which is darker and more orange than my skin but my facialist adviced me to mix it with the #100 which is the lightest shade and I get the prefect colour!!
What I like about this foundation is that is looks natural on me and gives radiance.
I have combination acne prone skin. ( acne only on chin) This does not break me out and it does hide well.
I am a light olive with yellow undertones.
I wear By Terry light expert in Vanilla light
By Terry lumiere in Sunny beige
Estee Lauder maximum coverage in Med deep
GA LSF in 5.5
Laura Mercier silk creme in sand beige
GA face fabric in #3... I prefer it mixed with #4 for warmth.
LP cellular powder in Sunlit beige.
LP caviar in honey beige. The absolute best foundation but it breaks me me out!!

Only gripe about this brand is the colour selection.

on 6/2/2010 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is not such a good foundation. +: stays whole day long on the skin, good quality of pigments, convienent packeging,... That's about it. -: colors are wierd and not flattering, I would even pick out the word dull, not natural because of color and too extended coverage, makes me older, a bit sticky!
I went back to my beloved HR prodigy which I have ordered online. I've ordered immediately three bottles. I haved used it again since one week and realised again that HR can't be beaten. I've tested the new v-sculpor foundation and I also liked that. If you want natural beautiful skin which is radiant this LP is certainly not would you need!

Not a very good foundation. I think it sums it up pretty well. First, it doesn't blend into skin, it actually exaggerates pores, lines, dryness. Second, it turns oily after ~3-4 hours and then melts of completely. Skin is left a bit sticky after application too. Well, I wanted to love it, since #300 looked nice on me and it's La Prairie (sounds posh, but to be honest, mostly disappointing), but I can't stand the texture and formula of it and.

on 1/6/2010 12:21:00 PM

I bought this on a whim just because I'm a foundation junkie and have MAJOR buyer's remorse. I have shade 200 which is not a good match for me but I take the blame for that. This stuff seems to separate and settle into my pores in addtion to turning my face into a greaseball. It also gives me a weird, muddy coverage. Nice. I really, really hate it. I have tried every method of application, Shu brush, beautyblender and hands and have the same results. In my opinion, save your bucks. You could probably do better with a drugstore brand.

I have been using Chanel Mat Lumiere for the last two months and it has become HG. The other day I went to purchase La Prairie Powder Foundation (also a HG) and the SA gave me a sample of Anti-Aging Foundation, which I tried out today. When I applied it, I was "WOW! Even if I think I have found a HG, there is always something better out there!". I was really thrilled. First, shade 100 was a PERFECT match (I am NC15), although it seemed too pink. The foundation is the lightest I have ever used, having though maybe the best coverage I have ever seen! I used the smallest amount and my whole face was covered with a light radiant veil, which looked so natural, like I was not wearing anything, just my skin, but so even and luminous! The finish was something between matte and glowy. I was so surprised by the result (the foundation's consistency was really light, one would think that the coverage would be so, also, but on me the coverage is full), that I looked through a magnifying glass and I had the PERFECT skin. Then I applied a very light layer of La Prairie powder foundation (this is a matte one) and my skin was flawless like the Photoshop-ed foundation advertisements (no cakey effect at all). Unfortunately, within just 3 hours my face became very very oily and from then on I needed a touch-up almost every hour. So, it seems that my combination skin cannot tolerate this foundation, but I am almost certain that ladies with dry skin will love it. I gave it 3 lippies because for the price (it is about 80 euros / 30 ml here) I expect much more. If it was cheaper, I would say that it deserves 4 1/2 lippies. I will not buy it, but, to be honest, I wish I would! If your skin is dry and you don't mind the high price tag, ask for a sample.

on 5/6/2009 1:39:00 AM

It is just OK for the price. The color 200 it's a little light but blends in a good color match for me, it has light-medium coverage and it looks kind of dull. Nothing special.