Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel - 62 Terre Epice

No Image

4.3

Talc, Synthetic fluorphlogopite, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Glycerin, Aqua (water), Methyl Methacrylate, Crosspolymer, Magnesium Myristate, Magnesium Stearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Cross- Polymer, Aluminum Dimyristate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Dicaprylyl Ether, Potassium Sorbate, Methylparaben, tocopheryl Acetate, propylparaben, parfym fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Cassia Angustifolia seedpolysaccharide, Peg 8, Gellan Gum, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, PolyGlyceryl-2, Dipolyhydroxystearate, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, MAY CONTAIN: CI 15850 (red 7 lake) CI 77499 Iron Oxides, CI 77891Titanium Dioxine, Mica.

on 12/24/2010 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I wear bronzer everyday and i have to say that this one is my favourite so far! The colour that i have is 63 Terre Amber, which is beautiful and looks very natural and would probably suit a medium to dark complexion with a yellow undertone best. The finish is satin with some gold flecks but it still gives a natural finish and you can wear it day or night or use it to contour your face.

It feels very light on my face and i love the moisturising formula as it melts into my foundation after application and feels very light. It also has a very light and pleasant fragrance.

It's not a cheap bronzer and you only get 11 grams but a little goes a long way so you only need a bit for each application even if you are a bronzer junky like me :)

As with all Chanel products the packaging is beautiful, the bronzer comes with a brush and the compact has a big mirror, i still apply it with my Dior bronzing brush for a professional application.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have to give this one 5 points. It is a great bronzer and it has totally natural color too. I am NW 20 and previously all bronzers have looked quite unnatural on me. They were either too yellow or brown or orange. Guerlain long lasting moisturizing bronzer was my favourite because it was longest lasting but it never was this easy to get right. This one has just perfect amount of pigment and it never looks patchy like the previous Chanel Irrelle Bronzer. Id say this is not as long lasting as Guerlain but it stays on pretty long with correct priming with cream blush and maybe MAC fix + on top. It Never looks tacky and I really hate that cheap too much bronzer look. Also it does not irritate or feel dry on my skin like Dior, MAC bronzer or Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess did. I love the Case too and I kind of like the brush it is good to have if you just dont have anything else. And it contains 11 grams of product which is more than usually. Color Wice I had 4 choses to make and it was easy to see that 2 lightest ones were too yellow to look like natural tan and the one darker one was too brown and dark, it would just have been muddy on me. Also when I was doind research to purchase this I wanted first to find ingredience list, to see if there was anything that was potentionally drying, but I could not find it online, so here it goes:

on 12/3/2009 12:34:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Seriously, this is one of my favorite m/u products right now! The look it gives you is like an instant vacation! I haven't looked this sun-kissed, healthy and glowing since the 80's! Shunning the sun at all times along with being an SPF addict for the past 20 years,I no longer had that great look that comes from being outside. With this I can have healthy sun protected skin AND really natural looking gorgeous color! This is a year-round daily use product for me!

on 6/22/2009 2:54:00 PM

This has been on my m/u wish list for literally years! I was in my local shopping mall and this bronzer was on my mind! I was a girl on a mission, and the helpful SA matched me with 62 terre epice and told me that it was the best selling colour. I didnt think it looked like anything special when the SA tried it on me, but as i'd wanted it for sooo long i wasnt going to give up that easily. Luckily i purchased it and am soo glad i did. First of all the packaging, its soo classy and sophisicated with a very large mirror, so makes touch ups easier. It has a large brush, actually the best ever brush i have had with a product, you can actually use it to apply the product! The case is glossy black with the interlocking c's in golden in the middle. For me- you can't beat chanel packaging! Now, onto the product. The powder is set in waves, which is supposed to mimic sand on the beach. When applied the bronzer looks natural, and beautifully even. It is a buildable colour, and makes you look so sophisicated and healthy. The price is, um, a little high, but hey, its chanel! You have to expect so. I have had this bronzer for 2-3 months and i've hardly made a dent in it. I have a feeling this will last me. If you've got the i recommend this bronzer highly.

on 2/7/2009 6:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It is really weird how Chanel products work for me better on the "second try", but that is the case with this bronzer, too. When the SA in the store applied it on me, I thought, "uh, ok, nothing special, but nice", but I decided to buy it and see how it behaves on my face until I get home. Well, I was really impressed! I am a long-time Guerlain bronzer fan, but I wanted to try out another high-end brand just for the fun of it, and I am glad I did. This is a very natural, beautiful colour on me, however, as one reviewer below pointed out, I can see this turning orange on some people (not on me though). I highly recommend using a larger brush for applying this so you get a softer bronzer look. Not sure about the "moisturizing" properties, I didn't notice any, but given I only use high-end bronzers like Guerlain and now Chanel, I expect them to be finely milled and non-drying. Great product!
UPDATE: I am taking one lippy off as this does not work for me as well as Guerlain bronzers do. It seems to come off my face faster during the day than Guerlain does. It's an ok product and I will keep it until I've used it up, but will not repurchase.

on 9/26/2008 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product really is hydrating as stated, I can see the moisture on my mirror every time I open it, and I really do love it it gives that nice bronze look with a minimal amount of sparkle. However, the price is much MUCH to steep for a bronzer even if there is a pretty sand like imprint on it. As lovely as this product is it definitely isn't worth $55 CAD

on 7/15/2008 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I really thought I would love this bronzer but it is just okay imo. The texture is really nice, with a bit of shimmer and when I applied it looks like the color is coming from within. But I notice that when I apply this with a light hand this color shows up VERY natural on me (I have medium toned skin but toward the summer I get very tan and warm toned) which is fine by me since I like the look of my enhanced skin which it also evens out. However when I applied this with a more heavy hand (with a skunk brush) to bring the color out a bit more for a Friday night, this bronzer turned more reddish orange toned on me as the evening went on. Did not like that look! Packaging is very nice, simple black with gold Chanel logo. Also like the desert/sand design of the bronzer. The brush that it comes with is not that bad for touch ups either, frankly its the best brush that I have ever received in a compact! Anyways I still love Cargo Medium as my HG bronzer, but this is nice too to mix things up a bit. I would say this bronzer would work very nicely to light-medium olive toned skins. I'm going to try this in another color, perhaps 1-2 shades darker, since I really loved the texture of this bronzer and the fact that the color looks its coming from within (even if its red-ish orange!). Price is a bit outrageous at $55 + tax (cnd). I'm sure other bronzers will do the job, but this is nice if you want to spoil yourself.

All I can say is that Chanel got me with their 2008 summer collection. The only 3 items that did not work to my expectations were the single eye shadows (tigre and nomade), the eyeliner (vert bronze) and the eye shadow quadra. But they really got me with everything else. The bronzers (all 6 ) are perfection they make me want to buy all of them but since I'm not that crazy "yet" I only got the shades that worked best for me which were Desert Bronze and Terre Epice in the powder formula and Sun illuminator creme formula. They are all must have's.

The compact for this collection bronzers is the same size as their discontinued irellee soleil but the logo is golden instead of white. The product itself instead of the quilted pattern is looks and it's described as "wave-swept sands". The brush has black bristles on one side and natural color ones on the other. It works just ok if you need to do touch ups but at home I use a bronzer brush.

I use this bronzer when I use powder foundation or after setting my creme foundation with powder. Terre Epice works great for light to medium complexions, medium or dark would look better with desert bronze or even better Terre Amber.

on 4/5/2008 10:43:00 PM

Even though this is not nearly worth $48 USD, I'm an avid collector of bronzers and had to have this. I'm NC30 and will probably buy Terre Ambre later on, but right now Terre Epice gives me a subtle - very subtle - glow. This is one of the lighter shades and I'm not sure how to describe it... if bronzers turn orange on you easily, this isn't the shade for you, since it's quite warm and golden. There is a cooler lighter shade and the deeper shades are more brown-based. However, right now in April, Terre Epice fits the bill as it gives me a warm glowy suggestion of color rather than an outright tan that would be more appropriate to summer. It's a good amount of product - however the accompanying brush is wide which increases the size of the compact to non-portable for me. I wish it was a bit smaller because this is too big for my purse. All in all, I do like this product but if you're hard up for cash, you can find cheaper bronzers without missing much. As for the "moisturizing" properties advertised on the box - all I can say is "huh?" No moisturizing effects noted here. :)