Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

3.7

100 silica

This product is a great setting powder for a special event or a night where you just want your makeup to look a bit better & to be set in place. I wouldn't say this powder stays on all day as I still feel I'm getting oily around 6 hours into wearing this powder. It does however leave such a lovely finish on the skin and doesn't look cakey. Great product for baking - however beware that if you take close up flash photos it can give you that white flashback on your face. This can't really be detected from a distance however when a photo is being taken, Just if its an up close photo. Overall a good product, does what it says on the tub. Slightly messy to use hence the low rating on that front but most loose powders are the same! Overall a good product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Major flashback, do not use if you intend to take pictures with flash. It did make my skin look very smooth and matte. It controlled my oil very well and it did a great job setting my makeup. Although there were many benefits from this setting powder I would not use it because I don't want to be worried about people taking pictures with flash and me ending up looking like a ghost. However, if you're not worried about the flashback I think it is a good enough setting powder.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I an always on a look-out for matifying powders. Long-term :) this one is not the case. It does matify my skin for a little while and it is very finely milled but i love it the most to set up my undereye concealer. It's great at that. And it goes a long way. Will definitely re-purchase.

For the price and hype I was unimpressed with this product. Messy and my skin felt a bit itchy. Also made my face feel very dry :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Warm

this is an okay setting powder... it mattifies without drying my face. it can cakey if you use a little too much which is very easy to do, i meant you only need a little bit otherwise you'le become a ghost 👻, lol. i've tried the mac one aswell but i prefer this one better. i'm deep dark skin and if i go with a light hand it won't change the color of my foundation. it has a good setting power and even kinda makes my foundation water resistant. i do like it yes.

Love Love Love this powder.
I don't ware make up everyday, so usually one jar of powder will last me a year? or longer.
But this thing, I'm already to the last bit of this one.
I love how it gives my face a instant matte finish but with out looking dull.
And the best part is that it's transparent.
I've used powder products that's ivory or beige, I don't like them. When I use these powders to set the make up, the tinted powder will change my already perfect tone.
I even put this powder on my hair roots when I don't have time to wash my hair and in a rush to go out.
And now since it's humid where I live, I brush a layer on my neck to avoid the stickiness.
Will buy it again.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This powder is all right, I say that because I think the stage brands offer better versions of this. If you apply to much it can cakeup under the eyes or around your dry patches and for us olive to darker skinned women there can be flash back in photos I used this mostly in My T-zone after I have applied a powder that has some pigment to it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I picked this up the other day at Sephora as a replacement for my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural (I will no longer shop at MAC due to animal cruelty after being informed by my vegan husband). It seemed very silky and the SA had told me about how flawless my foundation (MUFE Ultra HD) would look. I happily took it home and began to try it out. First things first, 42$ CAD is a lot for just silica powder. It's a really big container, however, I'm sure I could find something just as good or better for cheaper. It made my face look pretty nice and matte, and did prolong the wear of my foundation, however, the flashback is crazy! You definitely cannot bake with this. It's not horrible, but I wouldn't buy it again.

This product is 100% Silica powder therefore Talc-free.
I read the previous review stating that silica is super dangerous but it quotes a site for Health & Safety in construction which I didn't think could be the same material used in cosmetics so I searched for more information and found this to be pretty informative.

All these dangerous chemicals on our faces is stressful, obviously I'd prefer to go make-up free everyday but my skin is blemished with Rosacea, broken veins, open pores, uneven skin-tone, oiliness etc. etc. from even before I used make-up or cosmetics.

Anyway this powder is pretty good I think, maybe it is causing a few spots I can't be sure as I'm also using a new sunscreen - BioDerm Matte 30SPF.
I found this powder gives my makeup a more natural finish than any other powder I've tried.
If you're interested in trying it, get the small pot from Sephora and apply with a soft brush or, if you need extra smoothing, pore-filling results, pat on with a powder puff or pad.

I also mixed it with my BareMinerals powder ( BM in Original which has a lot of sheen to it so it balances out )

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Bought a small version of it. I used this for baking and setting... Not my favourite. Sorry! Athough it rlly gives my face a flawless matte finish, when i take photos with flash or when natural light hits my face, i look like a ghost. :( maybe i applied incorrectly but i wont be buying the big pot. It did its job but not photo friendly.