Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.5

on 11/30/2016 8:23:00 PM

Oh, hell, yes.
Gray eyes, pink skin, blond hair. Realgar alone is a win.
I went in to Ulta, and it was in stock. I didn't trust anyone to get this off my Christmas list, do I picked it up. The clerk who showed me where it was said she had a backup. She was wearing the gray color, venetian red, and lined with Cyprus umber and realgar. She was an African American young woman with coffee toned skin, and brown eyes so dark the looked pupil-less. It was gorgeous on her, and share that to impress upon you, dear reader, how versatile and pigmented these shadows are. I think that unless you have purple skin, this is going to be wearable. I cannot think of an eye color that would be diminished by this. I do have one friend who fuschiasizes most red lip colors, so consider that, but the beige brown khaki tones are unique to this and would be fine even on her. I am finding that nude waterlining is a good idea, especially since it's colder. But this is an amazing palette. It wouldn't replace Kat Von D Shade and Light as my desert island pick, but it's my I'll take this traveling because it's all I need. Yeah, the outsidea is pink and fuzzy, and gets grubby. Deal with it.

on 11/16/2016 10:16:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This was an impulse buy for me. I bought this because I love the warm shades and needed some good matte shadows. I had read reviews and watched several YouTube gurus review it and when I saw it in store (it was the last one) I got it.

First, The quality of the eyeshadows in this palette are AMAZING. I love the shades and they blend so well! I use a good primer so I can't comment how they last without primer.

Second, the brush that comes in this palette is decent. Its not something I would use everyday, but in a pinch I could definitely make it work.

Third, The packaging is not my favorite. I generally prefer plastic or metal cases for the fact that you can wipe them off. This is a dusty pink/mauve velvet and I don't think it will clean off well

on 11/13/2016 11:39:00 AM

my new favorite palette i love all the colors easy to blend the brush that comes with the palette is quite nice burnt orange is a perfect transition shade i highly recommend the palette

on 11/13/2016 6:56:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This palette has changed my makeup game and am so pleased I bought this. All the colours are all smooth, buttery and work very well together. I have been playing with this palette and love how versatile it is. I have also found that I am able to apply this without primer and it stayed on for 8 hours which is probably the best wear I've had from any eyeshadow without primer. After owning this palette my other eyeshadows have been less used and for good reason. The ABH MR have some of the best shadows in right now. If I could criticise this palette I would say the pink velvet packaging is not practical as it's prone to get dirty and the brush provided here is just ok. Other than that this is a great product and would definitely recommend to others.

on 11/11/2016 11:20:00 AM

This palette is beyond amazing. I feel so disappointed in all my other palettes now after using this and seeing how a high-end make up palette should be. The quality in this is far superior to too faced, urban decay and make palettes. The formulas are amazing, the powder is almost creamy. You need the lightest dusting on your brush, a little really does go a long way! The colours are beautiful and you can create some really gorgeous looks! Definitely my new fave!

This palette is absolute heaven! The only thing I took a star off for was because it's expensive but honestly once I received it and tried it out it's worth every penny! Highly pigmented, blends beautiful, long lasting and the colors are insanely gorgeous! ALL of them!

on 10/19/2016 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This quickly became one of my all time favourite palettes. The shadows are so buttery and have amazing colour payoff. The shade range is great and gives you an awesome amount of different looks that you could create. Blends nicely and very easy to use. Packaging can look dirty and the brush is meh. Otherwise - a perfect palette!

on 10/14/2016 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I really like this palette. I was happy to see some reds that weren't awful or make you look like you have pinkeye. Hands down, my favorite colors are Golden Ochre and Red Ochre. They go so well together, like peanut butter and jelly. I've already hit pan on Red Ochre and Burnt Orange, but that is mostly because the formula is so powdery it wastes a lot of product. They blend well, but there is definitely a lot of fallout from these. I think they need a little more binder. But, if that will sacrifice blendability, I'll deal with the fallout.

I wonder why some of the other colors were included in this palette. Maybe I'm missing the point? I don't know. I really like about half of the colors and the others I haven't even touched. I'd still buy it again because they don't make Red Ochre in a single yet.

Overall, this is one of the best, if not THE best palette Anastasia has released. I am glad to see the red hues in this palette. I have green eyes and red really makes them pop. The packaging is like the original Naked palette and is going to get dirty the first time you use it. Didn't they read any reviews on the Naked palette before they used this concept?? Obviously not. It's fine, though, because the contents outweigh the packaging. It just looks kind of dirty and beat up after only a couple of uses.

I hope they hurry and release singles of some of these colors!!

on 10/10/2016 3:40:00 PM

Omg, this palette of colors are amazingly gorgeous. I've been looking forever for red and orange eyeshadows which do not apply garishly. It's a perfect palette of color for Autumn. The reds/ oranges in the palette make the green and blue colors in my eyes pop! The shadows are buttery and creamy soft. There is more fall-out than I prefer with an eyeshadow, but I just have to ensure that I tap down the excess from the brush before I apply this to my eyes. That's the only draw back to this palette, IMO, but the colors are NOT chalky in the least. I don't keep the palette in a makeup bag, so the velvet cover doesn't get dirty where I store it. Most eyeshadow palettes are just a boring repeat of the same colors over and over again, just packaged and marketed differently. But this palette is really different! I love it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love this palette! It is now my go to. Ive been looking for a red toned palette for forever & this one had everything i was looking for & was good quality. Honestly the pigmentation in these shadows is just phenominal, you barely have to dip your brush in to get the shadow on it & the colors either go on with the same vibrancy as the pan or will if you do maybe 2-3 layers. Definitely have to be careful when im putting my brush in now since i was so used to having to dig like crazy in my naked 3 & naked smoky palettes to get any sort of pigmentation. I thought they were good quality & great pigment until i tried this palette & was blown out of the water. The colors also blend beautifully & even the matte & shimmer colors will blend together which was one thing i could never get the naked palettes to do. They are also about $10 cheaper than most of the neutral pallettes out there but are 10x the quality.If you are looking for a warm/red/gold colored palette this is the one to go for. anastasia really outdid herself with this palette & it makes all the other ones in my collection feel like they are dry & dusty. so buttery & creamy, im hoping that abh introduce more palettes soon! The only thing that i have to complain about is the packaging, its very light pink & is made out of velvet so if you get any makeup on it or put it in your bag its going to look dirty & gross. I wish it was some sort of metal or plastic instead so it wouldnt get dirty so quick & could wipe clean. I personally keep mine in the box it came in when it is not in use & it has stayed clean though.