Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.5

The packaging is so trendy and cute, and they totally did an amazing touch with the velvet texture. As well, these shades are suitable on me (dark brown eyes). It's very pigmented and so smooth, warning it does leave a lot of product behind (powdery) I can't seem to avoid it but otherwise it's amazing :) ABH never disappoint

on 7/12/2016 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this palette,every single color is so beautiful! In all the palettes I own there's always a couple of colors that I dont use or dont like,but this one I use every single one.
The shadows are soo pigmented,I own other Anastasia palettes and the shadows are no where near as pigmented as this one.
I really like the shades,they're original,shades that are not that common,and they blend really easy

on 7/12/2016 4:38:00 AM

These shadows are soooooo pigmented! Yeah they'll kick up dust if you sweep your brushes back & forth through them, but they're pigmented enough that all you need is a tiny bit of product. I lightly press/push my brushes into them, & get plenty of product. If any is left on top, I pick it up lightly w/a brush & use it (waste not & all that😉).
The colors are super complementary to one another. You can layer & layer & layer, & your look won't be muddy.
Yes, it costs more than the ABH palettes usually do, but I swear it's a new formula. It stays on bare skin! The 1st swatches I did were on bare skin & on my bare eyes, & they last! So soft, so pigmented, so worth it!
LOVE IT!!!😘

on 6/29/2016 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

What an awesome palette! First of all, it's so NOT BORING! I was getting exhausted by all those brown champagne neutral palettes on the market nowadays, so yawn inducing! But not this baby! It's so vibrant, eye popping, gorgeous, full of sassy attitude and potential. This is my first experience with ABH shadows, and I'm very impressed. These shadows are better than UD, Smashbox, Tarte, and a plethora of other mid- high end brands I tried. The only one that compares is Lorac, but ABH is still better. The formula is very soft, extremely pigmented, easily blendable, stays put all day. The color selection is fabulous! I can't name another palette like this that would perform as well and have such saturated vibrant colors. (Yes Violet Voss HG is similar, but the formula is overpriced Chinese shit! No comparison ) . I would love to try other palettes by ABH as well, but I've heard that this one is a step up from prior formulas.
The only qualm I have with this palette is the packaging. It's a dupe for IT cosmetics palettes, and the velvet gets very dirty. ABH should adapt Stila's packaging (the soul, spirit, mind, body palettes) those are great.
I have no issues with the price increase. Believe me, in the past you've bought a crappy overpriced palette for more than this gem would cost. If your skin tone can accept very warm and red tones then you should get this palette.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Amazing formulas, amazing colors. Blends like a dream, pigment from the gods, what more is there to say about this palette. Some fallout, but the pigment and butter formula forgives all.

on 6/24/2016 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this palette online on the first day of its' release in UK and I did not regret the purchase. I own eyeshadow palettes from every brand virtually known and this by far was the most pigmented palette I have ever bought. On the first day of using it I recall dabbing lightly with my eyeshadow brush only for the brush to take up so much colour (with just a light dab!!!). I had a red, purpley, peach and cream fusion going on but I was pleasantly surprised by how strong the colour payoff was and this did last until close of day although the colour faded ever so slightly (given my extremely oily skin). Needless to say those with dry and combination skin will not suffer this problem. Also I didn't use an eye primer either.

In terms of the presentation the eyeshadow palette comes in a relatively simple outer cardboard box which houses a velvet pink palette cover on the inside.

In summary I strongly recommend this palette in every girl's makeup armoury. At £41 it is not cheap and I read a lot of criticism and people not wanting to buy it for this reason but what you have to think is that it is an investment that will last you a considerable amount of time. You do get your money back in terms of superior product quality. :) x