Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.5

I really like this palette. For all lovers of warm tones this is an absolute must have.
What i love the most about it is how all the shades go together nicely but each one has something unique about it. Every time you use it you can create a new beautifull look.
Its not one of those palettes that always make you look the same.
The shades are pigmented, and blendable but some of them have fall out. Its something to watch out fot.
The brush it comes with is ok, but i have so many, I don"t really use it.
I would say thew only thing about it that i don't like is the packaging. The velvet looks cute at first but gets: really dirty over time. The inside is the typical cardboard magnetic packaing, which is ok but feels a bit cheap.

I would really recomend this, a great palette for this price. Every makeup look you creat with it will be beautiful :)

on 12/19/2016 2:40:00 AM

I LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEEE THIS PALETTE. It gives me life, the colours are all so beautiful. they are so pigmented and so bold, the only bad thing i could ever say is how powdery it is. other then that i love it so much

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The best eyeshadow palette I have ever used. The shadows are extremely pigmented to the point where you only need a tiny bit of each color to get a good payoff. The shadows are also very blendable and buttery feeling. I love every single color in this palette and find that I can incorporate each and every single one of them into a different look.

on 12/17/2016 6:35:00 AM

After hearing a lot of good reviews about ABH eyeshadows I thought I'd try the modern renaissance palette and when it arrived i was in love with the packaging first of all, it has like suede on the top lid in a lilac/mauve colour which is one of my favourite colours. Comes complete with a double ended brush with a fluffy end and a shader although I'm not entirely sure if I like it yet as it feels cheap but it does the job. The eyeshadows though, have a good selection of colours with deep purple/burgundy, brown and gold shades in matte and shimmer. They apply very well and I was amazed at how easy they were to blend without even trying. I haven't tried every single shadow yet but the ones I have used have very good colour payoff. I haven't got a bad thing to say about the palette at all and I would actually consider buying more ABH shadows now because it's quite hard to find good eyeshadows that blend this well unless you go for the more expensive palettes but that's just my opinion. I have quite a few different palettes from other brands and this is now one of my favourites for ease of use especially if your in a hurry and don't want to spend forever and a day blending and perfecting a smokey eye so yes I would recommend this. However, I don't know how it compares to other ABH palettes as I've never tried the others but definitely worth the money.

on 12/14/2016 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Absolutely love this palette! Has to be my favourite beauty purchase I have ever made (so far)! Being in the UK this was hard to get hold of, but as soon as I saw it I had to snatch it up before it sold out yet again! The shades are so wearable and versatile. I feel like I could make a really natural day look, but the deep warm tones mean that you can create an amazing evening look too. An all around amazing product with amazing blendabilty and pigmentation, some shades have a bit of fall-out but I look over that because that is my only con with this palette. The shades last a pretty decent amount of time on my lids as well, I haven't tried without a primer yet, but in conjunction with the UD primer potion it lasts really well all day for me.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm in love with this palette. The packaging is absolutely beautiful. Although it's not something you'd want to put in your purse if you're on the go, because it opens very easily. The outside of the palette is suede so expect it to get dirty easily. The colors are all amazing. I have no complaints. They're very pigmented and very blendable. A tiny amount goes a long way. The double ended brush that is included is decent. It does what it is intended to do, but it sheds quite a bit, but hey it's free so I can't complain.

UPDATE: Double ended brush sheds a lot after washing it for the first time.

on 12/14/2016 7:29:00 AM

The quality of the eyeshadows are absolutely amazing. Super blendable and pigmented. All you need is just a tap on the eyeshadow and it'll show up on your lids. I never use eye primer and this eyeshadow was able to last for full 8 hours of both outdoor and indoor activity.

I really love the colour selections in the palette, it lets your create a wide variety of looks from it. From neutral to smoky , you can count on this palette. Love how it includes some reds to let you add a pop of colour to your eyes instead of just entire palette of neutrals which is sometimes a bit of boring tbh. I find myself reaching for this palette everyday ever since I got it.

Only con is the velvet fabric packaging which will stain super easily. I had to store it in the box that came with it to make sure it stays nice and clean. Hopefully they would revamp the packaging in the future since I am definitely going to repurchase it once I use it up.

on 12/5/2016 3:06:00 PM

If I could give this 100 lippies, I would. ABH really hit it out of the park with their first permanent palette. I feel that a lot of thought and work went into making this the standout palette of recent memory, perhaps since the Naked palette came out. It is beautifully organized and curated, each shade being exceptional. This is the only palette I own where I want to work with every single shade. There isn't a dud in this palette- every color has a rightful and deserved place. Every shade is pigmented, blendable, and gorgeous, and many are highly unique. It has a mix of mattes and shimmers, a range of light to deep shades, so creating complete looks is easy using this one palette. You have cream, champagne, pinks and reds, taupe, oranges, a beautiful mauve-y lavender, a deep dark chocolate, a unique yellow-ish shade with a slight satin shimmer (Golden ochre), a warm sienna... Good enough to eat, seriously. You can easily do natural, everyday looks for work, soft, romantic looks for date night, and dramatic, sexy looks for going out or parties. I rarely rave about a product but this is my absolute, hands down favorite palette of life.

The drawbacks aren't drawbacks for me, but here they are: If you like pops of bright color in your palettes, this isn't for you. No neons or brights in here. Also, the shadow formula is quite soft, so you will get some kick-up in the pan and maybe some fall-out if you go in with a lot of product at once. I haven't had a problem, though, and these blend and transition like a dream. Also, it is very warm toned and has a definite color scheme that makes it best for warmer skin tones. It will compliment dark hair and green, hazel, or brown eyes better than blonde hair and blue eyes (not that everyone can't use it!)

But when it comes right down to it, this palette is as close to perfection as I've seen. Every time I do a look with it, I get compliments and have a great makeup day. It has a permanent place in my collection, forever.

on 11/30/2016 8:23:00 PM

Oh, hell, yes.
Gray eyes, pink skin, blond hair. Realgar alone is a win.
I went in to Ulta, and it was in stock. I didn't trust anyone to get this off my Christmas list, do I picked it up. The clerk who showed me where it was said she had a backup. She was wearing the gray color, venetian red, and lined with Cyprus umber and realgar. She was an African American young woman with coffee toned skin, and brown eyes so dark the looked pupil-less. It was gorgeous on her, and share that to impress upon you, dear reader, how versatile and pigmented these shadows are. I think that unless you have purple skin, this is going to be wearable. I cannot think of an eye color that would be diminished by this. I do have one friend who fuschiasizes most red lip colors, so consider that, but the beige brown khaki tones are unique to this and would be fine even on her. I am finding that nude waterlining is a good idea, especially since it's colder. But this is an amazing palette. It wouldn't replace Kat Von D Shade and Light as my desert island pick, but it's my I'll take this traveling because it's all I need. Yeah, the outsidea is pink and fuzzy, and gets grubby. Deal with it.

on 11/16/2016 10:16:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This was an impulse buy for me. I bought this because I love the warm shades and needed some good matte shadows. I had read reviews and watched several YouTube gurus review it and when I saw it in store (it was the last one) I got it.

First, The quality of the eyeshadows in this palette are AMAZING. I love the shades and they blend so well! I use a good primer so I can't comment how they last without primer.

Second, the brush that comes in this palette is decent. Its not something I would use everyday, but in a pinch I could definitely make it work.

Third, The packaging is not my favorite. I generally prefer plastic or metal cases for the fact that you can wipe them off. This is a dusty pink/mauve velvet and I don't think it will clean off well