Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.5

on 10/14/2016 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I really like this palette. I was happy to see some reds that weren't awful or make you look like you have pinkeye. Hands down, my favorite colors are Golden Ochre and Red Ochre. They go so well together, like peanut butter and jelly. I've already hit pan on Red Ochre and Burnt Orange, but that is mostly because the formula is so powdery it wastes a lot of product. They blend well, but there is definitely a lot of fallout from these. I think they need a little more binder. But, if that will sacrifice blendability, I'll deal with the fallout.

I wonder why some of the other colors were included in this palette. Maybe I'm missing the point? I don't know. I really like about half of the colors and the others I haven't even touched. I'd still buy it again because they don't make Red Ochre in a single yet.

Overall, this is one of the best, if not THE best palette Anastasia has released. I am glad to see the red hues in this palette. I have green eyes and red really makes them pop. The packaging is like the original Naked palette and is going to get dirty the first time you use it. Didn't they read any reviews on the Naked palette before they used this concept?? Obviously not. It's fine, though, because the contents outweigh the packaging. It just looks kind of dirty and beat up after only a couple of uses.

I hope they hurry and release singles of some of these colors!!

on 10/10/2016 3:40:00 PM

Omg, this palette of colors are amazingly gorgeous. I've been looking forever for red and orange eyeshadows which do not apply garishly. It's a perfect palette of color for Autumn. The reds/ oranges in the palette make the green and blue colors in my eyes pop! The shadows are buttery and creamy soft. There is more fall-out than I prefer with an eyeshadow, but I just have to ensure that I tap down the excess from the brush before I apply this to my eyes. That's the only draw back to this palette, IMO, but the colors are NOT chalky in the least. I don't keep the palette in a makeup bag, so the velvet cover doesn't get dirty where I store it. Most eyeshadow palettes are just a boring repeat of the same colors over and over again, just packaged and marketed differently. But this palette is really different! I love it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love this palette! It is now my go to. Ive been looking for a red toned palette for forever & this one had everything i was looking for & was good quality. Honestly the pigmentation in these shadows is just phenominal, you barely have to dip your brush in to get the shadow on it & the colors either go on with the same vibrancy as the pan or will if you do maybe 2-3 layers. Definitely have to be careful when im putting my brush in now since i was so used to having to dig like crazy in my naked 3 & naked smoky palettes to get any sort of pigmentation. I thought they were good quality & great pigment until i tried this palette & was blown out of the water. The colors also blend beautifully & even the matte & shimmer colors will blend together which was one thing i could never get the naked palettes to do. They are also about $10 cheaper than most of the neutral pallettes out there but are 10x the quality.If you are looking for a warm/red/gold colored palette this is the one to go for. anastasia really outdid herself with this palette & it makes all the other ones in my collection feel like they are dry & dusty. so buttery & creamy, im hoping that abh introduce more palettes soon! The only thing that i have to complain about is the packaging, its very light pink & is made out of velvet so if you get any makeup on it or put it in your bag its going to look dirty & gross. I wish it was some sort of metal or plastic instead so it wouldnt get dirty so quick & could wipe clean. I personally keep mine in the box it came in when it is not in use & it has stayed clean though.

I just love half of the colors and will probably never use the other half... it's still worth it for the price but I think it's weird they chose to put all of those colors together.

on 9/23/2016 10:56:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I absolutely love this palette! They definitely went up in price a little bit, but to me it was absolutely worth it. I feel this is a fall palette with that gorgeous burnt orange and red. But you really can wear it all seasons. I have herd a few people complain about fall out, but I only notice that if you really pick up to much on the brush. If you don't dig into the shadow then you should be fine. I pretty much where this palette to work every day and the colors last all day, I do so much running around at work and my eyes are the only thing I notice that stays all day.

on 9/23/2016 5:12:00 PM

At first I adored this palette- the colours are perfect for summer, the buttery formula applied amazingly and the pigment...a whole nother level !!
My only hesitation though, (and something no one told me about), was the longevity of bright colour vibrancy- and the fade factor which occurs hours after. While each every shade is bright and vibrant upon application, they faded a significant amount in just a short period of time- (I'm talking 2hrs max here). Longevity is a major factor when it comes to product purchase and for this reason exactly I will not be buying this product again.

on 9/21/2016 12:35:00 PM

It's been awhile since I've last written a review (with going to Europe and school starting again) but this is one of the many new products I bought before my trip (and took with me). I purchased two palettes: this one and the Lorac three palette; which also features warm toned shadows but remaining more on the brown/golden/rose gold shades.
I have to say, this palette is a dream! You barely need to tap the shadows to get A LOT of pigmentation and all the shades are extremely flattering to my eyes. The colors are perfect for any time of the year, especially the fall/winter season and can suit any day to night look! I saw some reviews that said some of the shades look the same (I assume they mean venetian red, love letter, and the other reddish pink shades), but to me, I have no problem telling the difference on my lids (maybe due to my artist side? I'm the kind of person who freaks out when someone says "light green" when its really celadon. I like specificity). The shadows blend beautifully and can build up to amazing marker-like, opaque looks. I read that this palette is based on common fresco colors during the Renaissance (hence its name) and I was impressed with the accuracy of the colors and the classy names it came with. (BTW, for those who don't know what frescos are, think of the Last Supper mural by Leonardo da Vinci. Its a type of painting style on fresh plaster and the paint is water based. A bit of art history!)
The brush that came with this palette had me a little hesitant at first. It felt rough and I had a difficult time grasping how it would do any good, but I was pleasantly surprised how well it worked with the shadows. I wouldn't have minded a softer brush, but it did a great job.
One of the negative things I noticed with this palette is the packaging. I know lots of people have complained about the felt/velvet cover and I comply with that complaint. It is very difficult to clean off, but it did look sleek and pretty before I got powder all over it....
The mirror is also another feature that annoyed me a bit. For an expensive palette, I expected an equally nice mirror to be paired with it, but when it was dirty, it was really hard to clean off. I even tried a bit of Windex but the mirror was still blurry and foggy.
The last issue I had with this palette (but I didn't really mind at all) was the fallout. Compared to the Lorac Three palette I purchased, I would definitely say there was less fallout (I'll eventually do a review on this palette too) in the Modern Renaissance palette. These shadows were more buttery and pigmented, but I still love them both. I find that I have to frequently wipe down the excess powder that comes out of its little designated box, but I do that with all my palettes so its fine. I also bake under my eyes everyday right while doing my eye looks so I haven't had any reddish pink streaks on my cheeks or nose.
All in all, I LOVE this palette and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a warm-toned palette. I'll be sure to repurchase this again when I run out! Marvelous job Anastasia!

on 9/13/2016 1:34:00 PM

This is a very nice set of shadows. Warm toned, they blend well and there is a nice array in terms of types of consistencies. The pigmentation is crazy but with that comes fall out so be warned. These colors certainly go well with this winter's trend of reddish hues and since I have always been a fan of warmer shades I am pleased to see them here. [Caveat: To be honest, however, I feel that there are a couple of shadows that look very similar to each other or at least come off that way when blended on the eye.] Overall I would recommend this palette if you like the warmer, reddish colors in shadows. Although a bit more expensive than some other Anastasia shadow collections, this is probably worth the money.

on 9/13/2016 1:11:00 PM

I so badly wanted to NOT believe the hype of this palette . But let me tell you, from someone who has MANY MANY palettes- YOU NEED THIS ONE. It is literally perfect. The shadows are buttery and blendable and the colors are beautiful. The only thing I would change is the packaging. It gets very dirty.

Beautiful beautiful palette! I love all the colors and they are super pigmented. The bright reds and pinks really make the eyes pop! Im so glad my friend got me this as a birthday gift I love it. The packaging and size is different from the other ABH palettes I have, but it doesn't bother me too much. I can't say enough good things about this palette other than WOW!