Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.5

on 9/23/2016 10:56:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I absolutely love this palette! They definitely went up in price a little bit, but to me it was absolutely worth it. I feel this is a fall palette with that gorgeous burnt orange and red. But you really can wear it all seasons. I have herd a few people complain about fall out, but I only notice that if you really pick up to much on the brush. If you don't dig into the shadow then you should be fine. I pretty much where this palette to work every day and the colors last all day, I do so much running around at work and my eyes are the only thing I notice that stays all day.

on 9/23/2016 5:12:00 PM

At first I adored this palette- the colours are perfect for summer, the buttery formula applied amazingly and the pigment...a whole nother level !!
My only hesitation though, (and something no one told me about), was the longevity of bright colour vibrancy- and the fade factor which occurs hours after. While each every shade is bright and vibrant upon application, they faded a significant amount in just a short period of time- (I'm talking 2hrs max here). Longevity is a major factor when it comes to product purchase and for this reason exactly I will not be buying this product again.

on 9/21/2016 12:35:00 PM

It's been awhile since I've last written a review (with going to Europe and school starting again) but this is one of the many new products I bought before my trip (and took with me). I purchased two palettes: this one and the Lorac three palette; which also features warm toned shadows but remaining more on the brown/golden/rose gold shades.
I have to say, this palette is a dream! You barely need to tap the shadows to get A LOT of pigmentation and all the shades are extremely flattering to my eyes. The colors are perfect for any time of the year, especially the fall/winter season and can suit any day to night look! I saw some reviews that said some of the shades look the same (I assume they mean venetian red, love letter, and the other reddish pink shades), but to me, I have no problem telling the difference on my lids (maybe due to my artist side? I'm the kind of person who freaks out when someone says "light green" when its really celadon. I like specificity). The shadows blend beautifully and can build up to amazing marker-like, opaque looks. I read that this palette is based on common fresco colors during the Renaissance (hence its name) and I was impressed with the accuracy of the colors and the classy names it came with. (BTW, for those who don't know what frescos are, think of the Last Supper mural by Leonardo da Vinci. Its a type of painting style on fresh plaster and the paint is water based. A bit of art history!)
The brush that came with this palette had me a little hesitant at first. It felt rough and I had a difficult time grasping how it would do any good, but I was pleasantly surprised how well it worked with the shadows. I wouldn't have minded a softer brush, but it did a great job.
One of the negative things I noticed with this palette is the packaging. I know lots of people have complained about the felt/velvet cover and I comply with that complaint. It is very difficult to clean off, but it did look sleek and pretty before I got powder all over it....
The mirror is also another feature that annoyed me a bit. For an expensive palette, I expected an equally nice mirror to be paired with it, but when it was dirty, it was really hard to clean off. I even tried a bit of Windex but the mirror was still blurry and foggy.
The last issue I had with this palette (but I didn't really mind at all) was the fallout. Compared to the Lorac Three palette I purchased, I would definitely say there was less fallout (I'll eventually do a review on this palette too) in the Modern Renaissance palette. These shadows were more buttery and pigmented, but I still love them both. I find that I have to frequently wipe down the excess powder that comes out of its little designated box, but I do that with all my palettes so its fine. I also bake under my eyes everyday right while doing my eye looks so I haven't had any reddish pink streaks on my cheeks or nose.
All in all, I LOVE this palette and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a warm-toned palette. I'll be sure to repurchase this again when I run out! Marvelous job Anastasia!

on 9/13/2016 1:34:00 PM

This is a very nice set of shadows. Warm toned, they blend well and there is a nice array in terms of types of consistencies. The pigmentation is crazy but with that comes fall out so be warned. These colors certainly go well with this winter's trend of reddish hues and since I have always been a fan of warmer shades I am pleased to see them here. [Caveat: To be honest, however, I feel that there are a couple of shadows that look very similar to each other or at least come off that way when blended on the eye.] Overall I would recommend this palette if you like the warmer, reddish colors in shadows. Although a bit more expensive than some other Anastasia shadow collections, this is probably worth the money.

on 9/13/2016 1:11:00 PM

I so badly wanted to NOT believe the hype of this palette . But let me tell you, from someone who has MANY MANY palettes- YOU NEED THIS ONE. It is literally perfect. The shadows are buttery and blendable and the colors are beautiful. The only thing I would change is the packaging. It gets very dirty.

Beautiful beautiful palette! I love all the colors and they are super pigmented. The bright reds and pinks really make the eyes pop! Im so glad my friend got me this as a birthday gift I love it. The packaging and size is different from the other ABH palettes I have, but it doesn't bother me too much. I can't say enough good things about this palette other than WOW!

on 9/6/2016 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This palette is so good!! I bought the chocolate bar a few weeks before and I was so happy with it but after getting this palette I could inmediately tell that the quality in this palette is better! Pigmentation, softness and color payoff is just amazing, the only reason I didn't give it the 5 lippies is because the packaging gets dirty very quickly! If you don't mine that, you'll end up getting a unique, beautiful and versatile palette!
Ps; the brush is good quality

on 9/3/2016 2:31:00 PM

The only thing I do not like about this palette is the velvet packaging. It is very similar to the IT Cosmetics palettes, it is a lot softer than the original UD Naked palette. The velvet is not so easy to clean and sanitize, and it shows wear and tear quite quickly.

The shadows are very good quality. They are pigmented, blend really well, and have very nice color pay off. They are not quite as soft as Lorac shadows, but they are pretty soft and they do kick up quite a lot of powder, so use the light hand.

The shades are quite warm. There is a nice mix of medium and dark shades, but only one highlight shade. Most shades are matte, which is nice.

The mirror is a decent size, but it doesn't stay open upright on it's own, so not very practical. The double-ended brush is meh - the blender side is quite useless, the smudge side is OK.

Overall, a nice palette. Definitely worth a try, if you are in the market for warm shades. It is also full of unique shades and is quite different from everything else on the market.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

This is a really beautiful palette with shades that compliment all skin tones. The shadows are highly pigmented, blend easily, and are soft like butter. I recommend not being heavy handed with these.

on 8/20/2016 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Wow!!! This is such a beautiful, versatile and compact palette. You can create such a huge array of looks and work with many different colours and shades in this palette. I highly recommend this palette especially if you enjoy working with warm tone eyeshadows. The colours are super pigmented, blend in seamlessly and last all day/night on the eyes. I found myself reaching for this more than any of my other palettes and it's not hard to see why. It just works so well for me!

Popular Palettes