Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.5

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I really love this palette. The packaging is similar to urban decay original naked palette with dusty mauve pink colour. It contains 14 beautiful warm toned eyeshadows and it's very pigmented. Some shade can be a little bit too powdery and dusty with over swiping but if you put a little bit at a time to your brush, it will not as powdery. I don't like the brush it comes with, feels like cheap brush. Wearable, but still.. i don't like.
It feels so buttery on my finger, and it's really long wearing. I wore it without a primer at all (but i do dab my leftover foundation on the beauty blender to my lids) and it won't budge at all. Really impressed. I definitely will be the first in line if anastasia launch another palette with the same quality like this palette!

I also did a youtube video for this palette and also a blogpost. Feel free to check it out!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

About a year ago I purged all my makeup (along with my now ex husband and all of my other worldly possessions). I highly recommend this, btw.
Anyway, I've been very careful not to load up on too much crap, cosmetic or otherwise. Not just because I wanted to save some money, but also because it is extremely freeing to not have so much stuff.
So, I've been running a pretty bare-bones operation over here, and during the last few months I've grown increasingly dissatisfied with my makeup.
I've always used predominantly drugstore makeup because the thought of dropping 50 bucks or more on something that I may not love is depressing to me, but mostly because I'm in a drugstore several times a week, but rarely find myself at Sephora or a department store.
I've been using a 12 shadow Morphe palette since the purge and while the colors are decent and the shadow itself has carried me through quite happily, I'm not totally thrilled (a little chalky and let's face it I'm getting bored).
Palettes are always touch and go because I find that they either have a lot of shades I never touch, or a lot of different versions of the same shade. However, if I start to put together my own palette or select single shades, I get heart palpitations.
I'm not going to lie; and, I hate to even admit this, but most drugstore shadows, while many are truly lovely, fall short, particularly when it comes to shades. I find that they're always just a bit "off".
I paid a visit to Sephora with a list of what I'm currently dissatisfied with, eyeshadow being one of them.
I went over that place with a fine-toothed comb, and this palette is what I chose.

I'm not apposed to bold colors, but like a lot of women (I think) I tend to stick with neutrals. Finding an interesting and successful palette of neutrals is never as easy as I think it would be, but wow this one fits the bill. A great selection of varied neutrals both warm and cool, golden, clay, taupe and peachy, that work successfully together. My only hesitation was the plumb/magenta type shades, but I gotta say, even THOSE look good. The texture and pigment of these shadows - flawless. A creamy smooth powder that goes on and wears like a dream.
I love the fact that the shades are predominantly matte, but there are some well-chosen shimmery options in it as well. That is key.

I LOVE THIS PALETTE; I LOVE THESE SHADOWS.

I do however agree with others who say the packaging is not great. Light pinkish velveteen that will no doubt look like hell dispite even the most valiant efforts to maintain it. But this does not compromise the overall excellence of this palette and the quality of each and every shadow in it.

on 7/20/2016 11:27:00 AM

The packaging is beautiful but not practical. The velvet will get dirty and I dont really like the cheap cardboard looking look of it around the shadows when the palette is open.

HOWEVER I can look passed all that because the actual shadows are out of this world. They have AMAZING quality. Softer and more pigmented than any I've ever tried. The colors are beautiful and also unique. You can make achieve unique looks from this palette along some very neutral every day looks.

I have been in the market to buy some palettes in the past month. I had purchased UD Naked 1 and 2 and Chocolate palettes: Original, Semi-Sweet and Bon Bons. I ended up returning the UD ones as I didnt reach for them often enough at all. Also Semi-Sweet went back because it was way too similar to Original Chocolate and A LOT of the shades were dupes and I won't pay for a whole new palette to get only 3-4 shadows which I didn't care too much for. I was HAPPY with the TF 1 and 3. (Bon Bons is my freaking favourite). However since I've bought this palette I realized the Chocolate palette will be collecting dust. I mean how many shades of brown can you need. Plus when you apply it to the eyes they all look kinda similar and the "difference" is only apparent when you swatch on your hands.

Long story short this has made me wanna return the Original Chocolate (as much as I love it) because with this you can still achieve some bronzy chocolaty looks but also the reds and oranges add so much variety to my looks. I like variety and I dont like to have 10 different palettes. I usually swatch and try to match all the colors of a new palette with what I have at home then decide if I can justify the cost of a new palette and lets face it we never hit pans on any of these.

The quality of this is MUCH better than the Too Faced ones. I mean those are old and the new trends are making the colors and quality so much better. Don't get me wrong my TF Bon Bons is staying as it is an amazing addition to this palette. With the two of them combined and my elf pots and singles I can pretty much get ANY look I want.

LOVE THIS SO MUCH mainly because of the quality!!! Go buy it if you dont have gazillion palettes already.

on 7/16/2016 3:02:00 AM

i havent written a review in a long while but this palette is soooo worth it, great pigmentation, blends like a dream and some beautiful and unique shades. Would recommend and repurchase

on 7/14/2016 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Wow! I've always loved ABH palettes but this one is one of her BEST! The colors remind me of a mixture of Autumn and Midsummer nights! Absolutely gorgeous! As with her other palettes, the colors are vibrant and blendable. I'm so glad this is not a limited edition because I will surely buy this again!

The packaging is so trendy and cute, and they totally did an amazing touch with the velvet texture. As well, these shades are suitable on me (dark brown eyes). It's very pigmented and so smooth, warning it does leave a lot of product behind (powdery) I can't seem to avoid it but otherwise it's amazing :) ABH never disappoint

on 7/12/2016 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this palette,every single color is so beautiful! In all the palettes I own there's always a couple of colors that I dont use or dont like,but this one I use every single one.
The shadows are soo pigmented,I own other Anastasia palettes and the shadows are no where near as pigmented as this one.
I really like the shades,they're original,shades that are not that common,and they blend really easy

on 7/12/2016 4:38:00 AM

These shadows are soooooo pigmented! Yeah they'll kick up dust if you sweep your brushes back & forth through them, but they're pigmented enough that all you need is a tiny bit of product. I lightly press/push my brushes into them, & get plenty of product. If any is left on top, I pick it up lightly w/a brush & use it (waste not & all that๐Ÿ˜‰).
The colors are super complementary to one another. You can layer & layer & layer, & your look won't be muddy.
Yes, it costs more than the ABH palettes usually do, but I swear it's a new formula. It stays on bare skin! The 1st swatches I did were on bare skin & on my bare eyes, & they last! So soft, so pigmented, so worth it!
LOVE IT!!!๐Ÿ˜˜

on 6/29/2016 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

What an awesome palette! First of all, it's so NOT BORING! I was getting exhausted by all those brown champagne neutral palettes on the market nowadays, so yawn inducing! But not this baby! It's so vibrant, eye popping, gorgeous, full of sassy attitude and potential. This is my first experience with ABH shadows, and I'm very impressed. These shadows are better than UD, Smashbox, Tarte, and a plethora of other mid- high end brands I tried. The only one that compares is Lorac, but ABH is still better. The formula is very soft, extremely pigmented, easily blendable, stays put all day. The color selection is fabulous! I can't name another palette like this that would perform as well and have such saturated vibrant colors. (Yes Violet Voss HG is similar, but the formula is overpriced Chinese shit! No comparison ) . I would love to try other palettes by ABH as well, but I've heard that this one is a step up from prior formulas.
The only qualm I have with this palette is the packaging. It's a dupe for IT cosmetics palettes, and the velvet gets very dirty. ABH should adapt Stila's packaging (the soul, spirit, mind, body palettes) those are great.
I have no issues with the price increase. Believe me, in the past you've bought a crappy overpriced palette for more than this gem would cost. If your skin tone can accept very warm and red tones then you should get this palette.

on 6/29/2016 3:36:00 PM

I didn't purchase this, but borrowed from a friend. The quality is amazing and I love the nude shades. Golden ocher in particular is a great transition shade, and the shimmers are pigmented without fallout. Every color is smooth and pigmented, there are no random chunky or overly sheer shadows here. I won't purchase and wouldn't repurchase because bright reds and pinks are very unflattering on me. Also, I am usually more of a shimmer eyeshadow fan, so I have no need for this palette as it is majority matte. But I am writing this to say that if you do like those shades and do want a matte palette, this is a great palette and a good choice. I could very easily see it being HG for many people. I am very much hoping that Anastasia makes another palette of similar quality that is more towards my liking colorwise.