Thierry Mugler Angel Eau de Parfum

Thierry Mugler  Angel Eau de Parfum

3.2

on 10/25/2001 8:02:00 PM

I'll put in my 2 cents on Angel. I don't smell the chocolate, but 'burnt sugar' is the best way for me to describe it. It gets more patchouli-smellin' as the product gets older (as in goes bad). I like the scent- its one of those that sticks with you if you like it. It can leave a strong memory imprint- people will remember you by how you smell- its up to you to decide if that's good or bad! I started w/ this in '98 but have been ignoring it since my latest bottle went sour this spring. Beware of ancient Angel- it smells horrible. Anyhow, I loved it for a long time, but I had too many people dislike it on me! It is just really heavy and maybe I can't pull it off. I pretty much stopped wearing it when a guy in class next to me said I smelled like Golden Grahams cereal. Sigh- maybe I'll get Angel Innocent for my next bottle.

on 9/18/2001 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this perfume! This will be my fall/winter staple. The initial spray is overwhelming and a little distasteful, but the dry down is awesome! I can certainly smell the vanilla and chocolate that everyone usually speaks of. Very unusual and sensuous. Highly recommended for those on the fence about fall scents.

on 8/15/2001 11:37:00 PM

I bought this just a few short hours ago, and I love it! I'm a little concerned that nobody in my family seemed to like it, which I don't understand, but the scent is addictive. Definitely one to keep.

on 8/10/2001 4:50:00 PM

I love this scent, a little definitely goes a long way! For those who think the perfume is too strong but like the scent you might want to try the Angel Celestial Body Cream. Angel Innocent is sweet and nicely scented without the heavy base note Angel has.

on 8/7/2001 11:17:00 AM

This is one fragrance I feel I'll be using for a while. I have about 10 fragrances that I use on & off & then get tired of. They ultimately make me feel nauseated. With Angel I always feel great & the different notes that you smell throughout the day never smell stale

on 8/4/2001 10:13:00 PM

Wow! I tried this by spraying not once but twice and it was just overwhelming! I immediately got a headache and when I went to wash it off, the scent remained! Too heavy for me but perhaps I would have liked it better had I known to apply just a dab.

on 7/25/2001 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I received a sample of this recently, and I was just amazed that anyone would purposely want to smell like this. I'm sorry, but I thought this fragrance was completely odious -- very strong and offensive. (If you want to compare your taste to mine, some of my favorite fragrances are Lancome Miracle, Chanel No. 5, Bulgari Blu, Clinique Happy and Hanae Mori Butterfly. I guess I just like lighter stuff.)

on 6/25/2001 6:22:00 PM

I have worn Angel since it came out, occasionally cheating with another fragrance, but I always come back to it. I love everything about it, except that it can be too strong if you aren't careful. It is a warm, spicey, sexy fragrance that feels like it is part of me and not just something that I put on. All of the products in the line are wonderful as well.

on 6/13/2001 10:54:00 AM

What a beautiful star shaped bottle this came in. Unfortunately, this fragrance didn't agree with me; one of those you either love or hate and I didn't like it - a little strong for my taste (this along w/ Lolita Lempicka).

on 6/12/2001 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

UPDATE-2-6-2018- Still love it, still own it, always repurchase but it takes me a lot longer to finish a bottle now. Over the years of wearing this one thing I will say is that I do not think I have ever known a fragrance that varies so much from person to person. It can smell totally different from one person to the other, similar...some notes are so much more pronounced on one person and barely detectable on others which probably explains why it was and still is either loved or despised.
*******************

I really LOVE Angel and will never be without a bottle of it. It took them 18 months to create this complex fragrance and is in eau de parfum concentration. It comes in a beautiful pale blue star bottle with silver top. It was launched in 1994 and created by Oliver Cresp & Yves de Chiris. Thierry Mugler created the bottle.
Top notes are bergamot & jasmin, middle notes are red berries, dewberry and honey, bottom notes are patchouli, vanilla, coumarin, chocolate & carmel. It is a genius composition of all the notes and none overwhelm. Here is a description by Chandler Burr that perfectly describes the way I feel about this wonderful creation:

"Marketed as a feminine, in reality as unique as a person, this utterly marvelous scent is, to quote Luca Turin,"brilliant, at once edible (chocolate) and refreshingly toxic (caspirene, coumarin).� Created by the legendary perfumeur Yves de Chiris (his perfumeur great, great-grandfather was a character in Patrick Susskind's novel "Perfume"), Angel doesn't even bother to pretend to pay lip service to categories. Don't let its initial personality startle you; wearing it is like having a conversation, because this thing will talk to you for hours on various subjects, sometimes chocolate/ cinnamon, sometimes fresh ginger and spices in cream, and sometimes the heady, symphonic interior of the Greenwich Village flower shop (irises, lilies, roses, their cut stems and leaves) where Meryl Streep bought bouquets in "The Hours" mixed in with the scent of the concrete and car exhaust of the New York street that enters with every customer. I have dined in fine restaurants with Angel on, and it was the most delicious thing the entire evening. Wear it and see."

I know Angel is an either love it or hate it fragrance, but I just adore it! It is very complex and very long lasting. I think many put on too much and it is very potent and that is what turns them off, as they are overwhelmed by it. This fragrance is very concentrated and will last all day and into the night. Less is more with this one. I love the way it changes throughout the day. I feel like I wear 5 different fragrances because it is constantly changing and the changes are all good to my nose anyway. I knew the first time I ever tried it that this would be one for me forever. If I get low, I buy another right away. This is one of my favorite 3. The others are L'Artisan La Chasse aux Papillon and Voleur de Roses. By the way, the men's is just as fabulous. Very classy, sexy, unusual and lasts just as well as the women's. A WINNER all the way for me. :)