INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top Coat

INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top Coat
INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top CoatINM Out the Door Top CoatINM out the door

Ehtyl Acetate, SD Alcohol 40B (Alcohol Denat.), Butyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Acrylates Cocpolymer, Trimethyl Pentanyl Disobutyrate, Sucrose Benzoate, Tripenyl Phosphate, Nitrocellulose, Isopropyl Alcohol, Benzophenone 1, Dimethyl Polysiloxane, Violet 2 (CI 60725), Blue 1 (CI 42090).

on 6/7/2006 3:30:00 AM

This top coat is terrific. I bought the gold holographic kind and it is beautiful. On the bottle it says "dries in seconds!" and that usualy seems to mean several minutes, but this really does dry within about 30 seconds. Right before I go somewhere, I can whip this stuff out and have gorgeous nails in minutes. It makes my nails really strong also. This is the most beautiful top coat I've ever used. HG!!!

on 2/8/2006 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this when on vacation in Florida one year and after that week, it went in the trash. I got a mani done at my hotel salon, and it chipped the nex day! So I went back to the salon and bought the polish (that I loved anyway) and their top coat, which was Out the Door. I proceeded to re-do my mani about 4 times that week! (Yes, my nails were clean of all oils and residue prior to application). They would chip every single day!! The polish I used was an OPI and I had a base coat with me (for emergencies) so it had to have been the Out the Door. I was not impressed at all. UPDATE: After many raves reviews on the nail board, I'm going to give this another shot. I'll update as necessary.

on 10/14/2005 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

HG - simply said!

on 7/6/2005 11:10:00 AM

I'd never been able to paint my nails before--I'm too impatient to wait for them to dry, and fanatic about achieving a smooth, glossy finish. I started using Seche Vite a few months ago, and fully intended to repurchase Seche, but was presented with INM's Out The Door as an alternative.

I am *just* as pleased with this product--it was a bargain too! I got .5 fl oz (standard sized polish bottle) for $3.49 at Sally Beauty Supply!

I'm only on day two of my manicure, but this dried lightning fast and looks ultra shiny!

on 10/4/2005 2:27:00 PM

I have a simply horrid time finding and using topcoats. They either don't dry fast enough, don't last longer than a day, or a mixture of both. The last one I got was like Nutra Nail "Chip proof strengthening top coat" or some such, and it literally took *hours* to dry. If I managed to keep my hands "ding-free" in that amount of time, then I was guaranteed around 3 days before chips showed up. Three days is a pitifully small amount of time (albeit better than a day, which is what I get with normmie topcoats, less than a day w/o one), but hopefully Out the Door will do better!

I was at Sally's yesterday and asked the chickie what she would recommend and she immediately pointed out "Out the Door" and it was $5 for .5FlOz, but I thought "what the hell, if it works it'll be awesome" and grabbed it. Sure enough, it dried crazy fast. Like in a minute it had the "just dried, but still might ding" feel, and twenty minutes later I'm clanging my nails back and forth on each other - almost like I'd applied it hours or even a day ago! The shine isn't quite as good as others I've tried, but the drying time definitely makes up for it. This weekend I'll be gone from Friday to Sunday and I'll paint my nails Thursday evening. If it can last until Saturday or Sunday without major chippage, I shall sing the praises of "Out the Door" for ages. :p

ETA: Unfortunately, this top coat isn't quite the wonder I'd originally thought. Sure, it dries amazingly fast....but it chips off next day (or end of the first if I do them in the morning). I've tried using another top coat and then this one, multiple coats of this one, etc...doesn't do a damn thing, this stuff still chips like the rest of them. :(

on 7/1/2005 8:26:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Okay got this at Sally's for 7.99 in a HUGNOURMUS bottle. I had a manicure a couple of months ago and she used this and it dried lightning fast. So I wanted to give it a try since I am one of those 3-4 coats-last-minnute-trying-to-rush-somewhere types so my manicures are usually somewhat mangled most of the time even with quick dry formulas. So I splurged on this and MAN-O-MAN am I pleased!!!!!My polish dried in 2 minnutes...no joke. No pits, bubbles, bangs, or dips. Girls you have gotta try this!!!

on 12/4/2003 5:52:00 AM

This is the fastest drying top coat I've tried, faster than Seche Vite. You literally can apply this and be "out the door" in minutes. It is also thinner and not as goopy as Seche Vite. It used to have toluene and formaldehyde but the most recent bottle I purchased no longer lists those ingredients. Unfortunately it still lists alcohol as the second ingredient, and I would imagine the alcohol is the reason it dries super fast. As impressive as the drying time is, I've found that in the long run, this one can be rather hard on the nails. I only use it when I need a manicure to dry in record time.

on 9/15/2003 5:21:00 PM

Excellent fast-dry top coat. I have applied this over 3 coats of OPI polish (on my tips) then 5 minutes later had a shower and washed my hair - no marks or scratches, honest! Great product.

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I agree! I used to offer a nail art service from a shop and it was the *only* top coat I would use! I needed clients *not* to come back with smudged nails - and it did the trick. Not the cheapest but you get what you pay for! (*^.^*)

on 11/13/2004 12:24:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Like the review below, I had also applied this, then took a shower 5 minutes later. I had not one smudge, nick, or scratch in my nails. Wow! This stuff wasn't easy for me to find. I couldn't find it in any stores, & I've only found one website so far where I can buy it (www.transdesign.com), so I'll reserve this for when I'm in my very biggest hurry. Great item! UPDATE: I've found that when I use this, my nail polish cracks & chips in about a day or two, much quicker than usual. I'm sticking with my HG quick-dry nail top coat of Orly's Sec'n Dry. Won't be buying this again.