Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
Photo Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus Foundation

3.2

I'm pleasantly surprised with this foundation. Very little goes a long way. Easily full coverage. I prefer application with a damp sponge. It sets fairly fast so trying to blend it after just removes it. I haven't needed a powder since I like the natural satin finish. I have pretty balanced skin and I haven't had an issue with break down or excessive oil. It's usually on sale so I would say it's worth a try for the cheap price. The liquid texture reminds me of the loreal magic nude foundation that I loved but with more pigment. If it's too much coverage mix it with a moisturizer.

on 2/23/2017 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this in the shade Golden Beige from my local Target and have tested it out a few times. Overall, the foundation is decent, especially for the price. It has medium coverage, and while it is buildable to full, it starts to look cakey if you layer too much. The finish isn't overly matte or dewey, but oily skin may need to set with powder. I haven't taken any flash photos while wearing this so can't comment on the claims of no flashback or white cast. The glass packaging is very elegant, but some people may have hygiene concerns about the plastic paddle-like applicator (personally I don't see it any differently than using my Shape Tape, but that's just my opinion). My only complaint is that the foundation oxidized on my skin about an hour after application. I may purchase it in a lighter shade and save this one for summer wear.

Pros:
budget friendly
nice glass packaging
medium coverage
impressive shade range (20 on WnW website)

Cons:
paddle applicator may be unhygienic
oxidizes
can look cakey if layered
oily skin will need to powder

on 2/23/2017 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have just used this past week, and so far I'm pretty happy. I am light skin , blueish green eyes, dry/normal. My skin is dry but not flaky at this time. I apply my moisturizer then this foundation. I have not remembered to use my primer yet so no comment on this over moisturizing primer.
I liked it best using my fingers to rub it in. the spatula attached to cap is not my favorite thing. i rather just pour a little out, but it's not a big deal. Its consistency is similar to maybelline fit me foundation, liquidy but not watery. on me, this foundation lasts all day. it covers nicely, I'd say medium coverage. the color match is quite good, i use soft beige. It's affordable and has not made me break out or emphasize pores/dry skin. Granted my skin is decent but bit dry. For a cheap drugstore buy, i'm quite satisfied. I'm really pleased that I found a good color match for myself this winter. I'm mostly can use Ivory as my shade, but some lines are too pale and the next shade usually too dark, so I seemed to have more issues this year. I'm warm toned as well. Soft beige was a good warm, light shade.
Edit: after using a few more weeks I lowered my rating. As far as consistency and color selection my opinion is the same. My problem is with my dry skin it seems to show that dryness very much the more days I used it. I guess it's the demi-matte type finish. It just seemed to make my forehead look dryer and textured even though I don't have texture. It just emphasized the dry skin. So this will not end up working for me as affordable foundation. I still think it's a good DS buy just not best for dryer skin types. I gave mine away and will not be purchasing again now.

For the price, this foundation is alright. It applies pretty easily and evenly and does look very good when you first put it on. It also has a nice variety of shades to choose from. However, the scent of this is unbearable. It has a very strong chemical smell and it lingers after you put it on. I normally don't mind a bit of an off scent with cosmetics, but this one is bad. It also did not wear well on me at all. I tried it with both the benefit professional primer and smashbox oil free pore minimizing primer and set it with the wet n wild photo focus powder (which I love!) A few hours after applying it, it settled in my pores and exaggerated them a lot.

on 2/20/2017 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought this foundation before looking at any reviews. I instantly fell in love. I see many reviewers saying how they hate the spatula. I actually love it. It makes it so much easier to control how much product I am getting out at one time. Also, I find this to be more medium coverage than light with one application. It builds up really well and covers all my imperfections. It also wears well throughout the day with no oxidation on me. I will see how it holds up in the warmer weather, but for now no issues with it wearing off, even without a primer. In terms of application, I have had no issues at all. I use a foundation brush from E.L.F and the foundation applies seamlessly. In terms of color match, the Soft Beige, which states on the bottle is light-medium-warm, is perfect for my neutral-warm complexion. It definitely has a yellow undertone, but that works very well for me. Overall, this is a definite keeper!

I soooo wanted to love this! I actually really liked the spatula, and once on the foundation looked great. My contour and blush powders blended seemlessly, which I loved. Unfortunately, the foundation broke down and easily wiped off not too long after application. It made my face feel unusually greasy, and I couldn't wait to wipe the stuff off when I got home.

on 2/16/2017 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I would say beware of all the glowing reviews and don't expect it to be amazing. It's a medium coverage foundation and I really wouldn't say it's matte. It is slippery feeling due to the silicone and doesn't sink into pores like the Coverall did for me (Coverall has better coverage). It can cling to dry parts of the face and doesn't really dry down completely so it needs a powder to get rid of the tacky feeling. It has that weird greasy look for a while without actually being greasy if that makes sense. This foundation also tends to break down after a few hours and definitely isn't long lasting.

The bottle is lovely but the spatula packaging is horrendous. I have found that foundations tend to oxidize and thicken in packaging that has to be exposed to open air all the time and the spatula is unhygienic and annoying. I've had this foundation for about two weeks and it has already changed color and consistency (orange tinge/darker and thicker).

I was hoping for a good daily foundation and this is just ok. I can make it work but wouldn't buy again. At least I haven't had any significant breakouts yet.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to love this. I really and truly did. I absolutely fell in love with wet n wild's coverall foundation, and it became my holy grail foundation. But when I ran out of my 5th or 6th tube, I ran to my local drugstore only to find that coverall was gone and replaced by this. I was disappointed but hopeful and excited to try this since I really loved wet n wild's other foundation. I also thought the glass bottle it was in was super nice, much nicer than coverall. It was also slightly more expensive than coverall (but still affordable) so I thought hey, that must make it better right? I WAS SO WRONG.

It's nothing like coverall. It's super thin and liquidy and has zero coverage. It hides absolutely no blemishes and feels like it sits more on my face then actually feeling natural and apart of my skin. On top of not looking good immediately after putting it on, the foundation breaks up after a few hours of wear and you can start to see redness and patches of foundation. It also smells like paint and it's just awful. Oh, and did I mention that it also made my skin look super oily? I don't have naturally oily skin; my skin does have some oily patches due to having normal/combination skin but this foundation made my skin look like an oil factory. It was terrible.

Overall I'm extremely disappointed. I wanted to fall in love with this product, but it just doesn't do it for me. I'll finish what I have but when I run out, I'm not planning on buying it again. I love wet n wild, but every brand has their hits and misses and this was unfortunately a miss for me.

on 2/19/2017 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

yo, this stuff is horrible. I'm oily as hell and it made me look dry, it broke up on my nose and WOULD NOT blend out. the packaging is horrible. this feels like a primer on your face, but not in a good way. it sits on top of your skin and feels like it's coming off the whole day. it has little to no coverage. the only good thing was the color match, i was the lightest shade and it is a godsend for pale people.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Color is great, doesn't oxidize on me. Breaks up after a few hours and it's hard to build coverage. Bad formula good colors and Idea