NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil

NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil
Micro Brow PencilMicro Brow Pencil

4.1

on 11/28/2015 12:20:00 PM

This is my HG for brows. As I've gotten older, my brows have started to thin out and I have patches where the hair has just given up growing (no idea why). This is a really thin pencil with a twist up applicator, so it leaves a very natural looking line. I also have a hard time finding a natural looking pencil to fill in my light brown with some gray eyebrows, and the taupe in this product is a perfect match for me. Most eyebrow pencils are too dark and blonde pencils are sometimes too yellow. I believe this is a dupe for another famous company's brow product, and at less than $10 is a much more reasonable price. I bought two, one for home and one for my gym bag so I always have one with me!

on 11/12/2015 3:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use ABH Brow Wiz in Medium Brown, but am going to be replacing it with this NYX dupe. The closest shade I could find, as the shades look to be warmer in the NYX Micro Brow, is Ash Brown. I have dark brown hair. Same precise application that lasts all day. The NYX version is slightly drier in consistency. My brows are pretty full already, so it's mostly just filling in a bit of the arch and tail of each brow. The overall look is very similar, so am happy to have this more economical option.

on 11/12/2015 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Loving it! I have really oily skin so I was looking for a brow product that was tacky/dry enough it wouldn't melt off in the California heat, but would still apply nicely (and last all day). This stuff is great! My brows are already shaped okay, but they're a little sparse, so this is great for filling them in and giving them more life. I use the color Espresso (A really dark brown. My brows are black, but my hair is brown so it's a perfect compromise). Only reason I can't give it 5 lippies is because it's so dry you have to use quite a bit of product (not a big issue for me personally because that means some days I can do a super defined brow, and other days I can use less product to get more natural looking ones)

on 11/11/2015 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I actually like this a lot, this creates a very natural looking brow. I was using NYX brow gel before this, I must say I like brow gel more only because it lasts longer. But this is a great product if you don't want to put a lot of effort into your brows and like them natural.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Okay, this stuff is AMAZING.
I used to use the Anastasia Brow Wiz in Dark Brown and now I use this NYX Micro Brow Pencil in Espresso.

They're literally the same. You can use it to draw on a natural brow or a darker, more intense brow. It's so easy to use.

Seriously. Just get it.

on 11/3/2015 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really love this brow pencil. This is a perfect dupe for ABH brow whiz. Honestly! The colors may not match perfectly, but the NYX does stand up to the ABH quality. NYX is a little less opaque than the brow whiz, but for $12 I can't complain since it's easy to build the color. Swatches on your hand come off really dry and transparent, but applying it on the brow it doesn't feel dry or too hard at all. The color goes on smooth and within seconds I can have perfectly shaped brows without any patches. I use this every day! It lasts all day too as long as you're not rubbing your eyebrows. No smudges!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is the first brow pencil-type product I've tried and I'm super impressed! Prior to trying this, I was using the Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade and in all honesty, I prefer this product. It's much quicker to use and gives my brows a natural, feathery look. I still like the Dipbrow, but only if I'm going for a crisp and defined brow, which is very rare. I can't compare it to the Anastasia Brow Wiz because I can't get myself to spend that much on a brow pencil. The Micro Brow pencil is basically half the price of the Anastasia one and according to others, they're nearly the same. I don't find myself going through this product quickly and I use it practically everyday. For shade reference (if it matters), I use the Dipbrow in dark brown and the Micro Brow pencil in espresso. When applied, both shades look identical. As for the packaging, it's not terrible nor spectacular. All that matters is how the product performs, and it performs well.

on 10/21/2015 11:56:00 AM

I was planning to purchase the much beloved Anastasia Brow Wiz, but then I saw my favorite YouTuber, KathleenLights, recommend this pencil as a drug store dupe. I love getting a deal so decided to start with the drug store option and move on to the more expensive brand if I was not happy. I'm so glad I did!

I love the precision point. I've used so many brow pencils and this one makes it so easy to fill my brows in well. I purchased Ash Brown and the color works well for me.

I highly doubt that I will need to buy the Anastasia pencil in the future, because I am happy with the NYX verision.

on 10/7/2015 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Love this!!! I used to use Anastasia brow products until I found this more affordable alternative (about $10 at Ulta and they always have NYX sales, so you can get it for even less). Works beautifully. I am brunette and I use the color ash brown which I would describe as a cool, dark brown. It goes on smoothly and does not budge or smudge. Awesome staying power even on my oily skin and looks so natural. I often get compliments on my brows and I owe it all to this brow pencil.

on 10/12/2015 6:30:00 PM

I'm in love with the micro brow pencil I usually buy the Anastasia one but I find that it's too pricey! This one this exactly the same but cheaper I have stocked up this is my new favourite. MUST BUY

Popular Brows Products