NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil

4.1

on 12/9/2015 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I used to use ABH Brow Wiz in ebony daily. I found myself repurchasing every 2-3 months which I found too expensive for my wallet. I purchased this in the shade black. Pretty much the same product for half price.

If you can find your shade, save youe money and purchase NYX. I don't see myself straying from this product, still on my first one and have been using it for about 2 months. already have a back up.

on 12/8/2015 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought Auburn at Ulta.

This is a high quality product for a fair price. And they have a fabulous shade selection.

The texture is perfect. It's a super fine point and is in a retractable tube so you can't break the tip.
It's very stiff, so you can literally draw each individual hair. The pencil comes with a nice sized spoolie on the end. I wish the pencil was a teeny bit shorter so I could fit it in my makeup bag better.

Bottom line: this is the standard that all other drugstore brow pencils should be held to.

on 12/1/2015 2:29:00 PM

Gotta love a good dupe.... The NYX Micro Brow is a darn good one of ABH Brow Wiz, no lie. I use Taupe in ABH and Taupe in NYX and honestly, the difference is microscopic. Took a lippie off b/c the ABH goes on a little easier...the NYX is a little less smooth going on BUT actually a bit better when it comes to drawing in brow hairs...spoolie on the opposite end isn't quite as good as ABH either, but I'll just use my old ABH. Not a big deal. As I've just discovered this, I'll keep a 4-lippie review for now, but that could easily change if I find the performance is just as good as my ABH...this is a no brainer buy. :)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Half the price off Anastasia brow wiz and works just as well. New holy grail :)

on 11/28/2015 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I am so thankful for this product! I had purchased the Anastasia Brow Wiz 4-5 times before this came out, and I was getting tired of spending $21 every month. This is a fantastic dupe for that product, especially if you stock up while NYX is 40% off. The pencil is very thin and hard, perfect for making hairlike strokes. It has good lasting power too- it easily makes it through a 14 hour day. Keep in mind I have dry skin, so I generally don't have a problem with products sliding around or melting off. It does well at filling the whole brow when you're in a rush or want a more natural look, and I love using it to define the brow before going in with a pomade.

I took off a lippie for two reasons:
1. The spoolie isn't very good. It's a bit hard and doesn't disperse product well. For the price I can overlook this and reuse the spoolie on an old Brow Wiz.
2. I've had a few break off from the base and not be able to retract without me pushing on it, which is a bit annoying.

on 11/28/2015 12:20:00 PM

This is my HG for brows. As I've gotten older, my brows have started to thin out and I have patches where the hair has just given up growing (no idea why). This is a really thin pencil with a twist up applicator, so it leaves a very natural looking line. I also have a hard time finding a natural looking pencil to fill in my light brown with some gray eyebrows, and the taupe in this product is a perfect match for me. Most eyebrow pencils are too dark and blonde pencils are sometimes too yellow. I believe this is a dupe for another famous company's brow product, and at less than $10 is a much more reasonable price. I bought two, one for home and one for my gym bag so I always have one with me!

on 11/12/2015 3:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use ABH Brow Wiz in Medium Brown, but am going to be replacing it with this NYX dupe. The closest shade I could find, as the shades look to be warmer in the NYX Micro Brow, is Ash Brown. I have dark brown hair. Same precise application that lasts all day. The NYX version is slightly drier in consistency. My brows are pretty full already, so it's mostly just filling in a bit of the arch and tail of each brow. The overall look is very similar, so am happy to have this more economical option.

on 11/12/2015 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Loving it! I have really oily skin so I was looking for a brow product that was tacky/dry enough it wouldn't melt off in the California heat, but would still apply nicely (and last all day). This stuff is great! My brows are already shaped okay, but they're a little sparse, so this is great for filling them in and giving them more life. I use the color Espresso (A really dark brown. My brows are black, but my hair is brown so it's a perfect compromise). Only reason I can't give it 5 lippies is because it's so dry you have to use quite a bit of product (not a big issue for me personally because that means some days I can do a super defined brow, and other days I can use less product to get more natural looking ones)

on 11/11/2015 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I actually like this a lot, this creates a very natural looking brow. I was using NYX brow gel before this, I must say I like brow gel more only because it lasts longer. But this is a great product if you don't want to put a lot of effort into your brows and like them natural.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Okay, this stuff is AMAZING.
I used to use the Anastasia Brow Wiz in Dark Brown and now I use this NYX Micro Brow Pencil in Espresso.

They're literally the same. You can use it to draw on a natural brow or a darker, more intense brow. It's so easy to use.

Seriously. Just get it.