Maybelline The Nudes

3.4

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased this from Target a couple weeks ago. It contains 12 shades, several matte, and mostly shimmer shades. I believe it was around the 10$ price point. I immediately swatched the colors and omg, they are gorgeous!! This is not a match to a naked palette (UD), in quality, as these are not as velvety feeling, or as highly pigmented, but it is a darn good palette for 10$!! It comes in a nice sturdy case, and there is a double sided applicator provided (which i throw away). It has great base shades, and there are a couple that do pack a decent punch as far as payoff goes! no fallout which is different from my naked 2 palette. My look when using this palette did last all day but keeping in mind i use m UD primer. The colors were easy to work with and blend, and compliment each other well.
I am excited that a drugstore brand came out with an actual Palette, and not just like a quad.. its awesome, and I hope that more drugstore brands start following suit! All in all, this is a dream to have in my collection, and I will get LOTS of use out of it.*another thing to mention, it does provide different look ideas using coordinating shades on the back of the palette :)

I happened across this while shopping at Harmon's inside BBB this weekend. This is a new 12-pan nude palette by Maybelline and I believe it's part of their new fall offerings but some stores seem to be getting in stock to test the waters. I was able to snatch up the last one, so far it looks like the test market is hot.

I played around with this over the weekend and created a number of looks and like most Maybelline eyeshadows, there are some that are better quality than others.

The palette is a nice sized 12-pan palette and the pans are much larger than the 8-pan palettes that fit in the palm of my hand. The price on this one was $10.79 or somewhere in that range, definitely less than $12 bucks. The pans are fairly large so you are looking at less than a buck per pan. The palette consists of 5 matte shades and 7 shimmers. The mattes were a bit too chalky for my taste and I found them hard to apply and blend, they blended down very muddy and splotchy. The shimmers on the other hand were smooth to apply and blend and created some very nice looks.

I am going to continue to play with this palette and think using a domed eyeshadow brush may prove better for applying and blending the mattes rather than packing the color on with a flat brush and blending down with one of my tapered blending brushes. I definitely think the 7 shimmer colors in this palette are worth it's price alone, even if the mattes continue to disappoint.