MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35
MAC BBPrep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

3.6

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.40%, Octisalate 4.00%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titanium Dioxide 1.10%, Zinc Oxide 3.50% Other Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Sterate, Behenyl Alcohol, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, PEG-40 Stearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Urea, Sodium Hyluronate, Squalane, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract,/Extrait D’orge, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Glycerin, Lecithin, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Cholesterol, Trehalose, Sodium PCA, Oryzanol, Ammonium Acryloydimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Sucrose, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Xanthan Gum, Polyquaternium-51, Isopropyl Titanium Triisosterate, Silica, Aluminum Stearate, Linoleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphensin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I was so excited about this product, but I feel a bit let down. It is a LOVELY primer with very nice light diffusing qualities and high SPF. Plus, my makeup has not slid off my face yet, but that's just it...I need makeup with it. I don't need makeup with my regular BB, maybe just some MSF powder.

If I had purchased this expecting the usual BB cream 8 in 1 and had multiple imperfections to cover up, I would have been highly disappointed. Kudos to MAC for bringing it to North America, and at least they were honest by touting it as a primer.

So yes, I would purchase it again as a primer, but as a BB cream, I think I'll stick with my HG.

Wow, this is the first product that I came across that keeps my face almost oil free. By mid-morning, I normally have to blot and my foundation would appear kind of orangey. I was pleasantly surprise that my makeup stayed matte and didn't turn orange on me. The colour is light for olive/yellow toned skin, similar colour to my Mac Tinted Moisturizer in Light. I wear my Tinted Moistuizer and then the Beauty Balm and finish off with MSF powder. The balm has SPF 35.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I chose near-perfect circumstances to give this beauty balm cream (one of the gazillions available in the Asian market!) a shot. Started my day at a God-forsaken 6 am by slapping on this thick, creamy balm. Blending wasn't exactly a cinch due to its gooey texture, but I was undaunted. With a BB Foundation Brush, I patiently buttered my entire face like it was freshly-popped toast. Persistence paid off. I was rewarded with luminous, Photoshopped skin that looked unbelievably even-colored and radiant. A light dusting of MUFE HD Microfinish Powder and voila! Instant gratification.

Unconvinced nevertheless at the oil-control property of the BB cream (hey, how could a product that looked/felt so impervious possibly keep the dreaded oilies at bay, right?). Hah! I was sure that my face would be an oozing, gleaming mass of oil field in a matter of half an hour, tops.

Went about my work day and forgot about my face. When I popped into the ladies after a late lunch, I was pleasantly taken aback that my complexion looked just as smooth, fresh and dewy (most amazing of all, I was still relatively shine-free!). No blotting or touch-ups required.

Back to my long day that had me running all corners of the island lugging dead weight. My day eventually wrapped at a hot, boisterous al fresco pub for the Germany vs. England match, where I jostled with a sweaty and rowdy crowd for a good three hours. Last time I checked, my makeup was intact and there was zero eyeliner runnage (my eyelids get so oily that lesser eyeliners frequently slide right off; even with the waterproofed ones, there is the occasional corner smudge). I usually apply Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone Treatment on my eyelids to combat this issue, but the BB cream alone works just as impressively.

Highly recommended even for the active, oily-combination-skinned.

on 10/27/2010 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Just bought this duty free from Japan - scared as the makeup artist couldn't speak english and I asked him for a primer for my new lightful powder foundation... nevertheless
Absolutely brilliant. Is thick and I was skeptical regards to keeping my makeup sliding but it looks great. Still need to blot, but not as much as my skin is super oily. Skin looks great - glowing, radiant and picture perfect. Definitely will buy again. Only cons - price but everything was expensive in Japan

on 5/2/2011 8:22:00 PM

This product is great for oil control. I have pretty oily/acne prone skin and this kept my oil at bay for the whole day, even when it was warm, and did not break me out. However, it did not provide much coverage (my acne scars were still visible even after I layered on the moisturizer a couple times on scars).

I would still buy this product again because it's one of the very few products that controls oil and doesn't break me out or dry out my skin too much. It also has spf which is always a benefit!

It's pretty expensive though (about $35) so I got my tube off of ebay for about $25.