Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++
Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

3.8

I really like this product. It is my first foray into a BB and it works really well with my NW15 skin, which surprised me. It is not an absolutely perfect match because in direct sunlight I can see a small difference. But my husband has not noticed that I have switched foundations and he usually does notice. I used to love Nars Powder Foundation in Mont Blanc until it started to look a little too powdery. It is probably more an issue with my changing skin and not a change in the product. Dr. Jart's Premium BB eliminates the whole powdery problem and provides the coverage I need. My only issue with the product is the shininess that I must deal with after application. I am currently using E.L.F.'s Studio High Definition powder and it is working well with the shine without giving me the powdery look I was trying to avoid in the first place.

on 7/2/2011 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

After all the foofarrah about BB Creams, i was interested to see that Sephora was carrying some. The Dr. Jart brand has been around a while, so i dove in and bought the Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++ (PA is the Asian code for UVA protection - the more pluses, the more protection)

This comes in a gold-bronze colored tube, but it doesn't squeeze out. Instead it has a pump. I have found that if i store it pump up it doesn't work as well as when i store it pump down. Also, often the first pump or two i only get a little splurt, then it seems to work OK.

I am glad to have both good SPF/UVB protection AND good PA/UVA protection (since the US has not yet instituted any standard for UVA protection) purely via minerals, Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide. It is comfortably moisturizing. And it includes other ingredients meant to improve aging skin.

I would not classify this as a primer/corrector, which is how it was originally listed here on MUA. It provides medium coverage, more than any tinted moisturizer i've tried. While it doesn't hide all my sun spots, it definitely tones them down alone with my rosacea-red cheeks and evens out my skin tone. It is nice not to have to put on both foundation and sunscreen (most foundations don't have enough SPF for my needs).

It feels soothing and creamy, but perhaps a bit heavy, when applied. And it only comes in one color (as do most BB Creams), in this case a little too dark for my complexion, but no worse than the myriad of expensive foundations i have been testing in my so far fruitless quest to find a foundation that matches my skin (neutral, between 15 & 20).

on 5/27/2011 4:51:00 PM

Of all the bb creams I have tried (bb creams from hanskin, skin79, elishacoy), this one is actually not bad, just not for me. Here are some of my thoughts: It has SPF 45 which is actually quite high for a bb cream -- such that it's moisturizing enough so that I don't have to use additional moisturizer prior to application. Also, I purchased this one @ sephora so it's more readily available than others that need to be bought of amazon or ebay. The color is actually quite nice for me - the color is very light and kinda ashy when first applied on the skin. I am a fair-skinned Asian w/ yellow undertones and the color blends very nicely. However this BB cream is VERY sheer, probably provides the least coverage of all the bb creams I've tried -- if you have lots of blemishes, then you will probably need to use a concealer as well. Also the pump on this bb cream does not work very well, sometimes I have to pump numerous times for the cream to come out. I will probably not buy again b/c of the price and sheer coverage of it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials