Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

Naked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye Kit

4.1

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This cute little palette caught my eye immediately at Sephora. It was so pink and girly and pretty and I wanted it to sit pretty on my dresser. Upon close inspection the colours were very suited to what I like to wear as well, light natural enhancing colours. I have asian eyes and skin tone and finds this works well for my NC15 skin. None of the colours look awkward on me. I took off a star because these are a bit sheer, I have to layer it up a lot for some of the colours to show up. I feel like it applies better with fingers for the light colours. I bought this for ~$CAD50 at Sephora and it comes with 3 instruction cards and a double ended sponger and liner applicator (which I find pretty crummy).

on 7/31/2010 9:59:00 AM

I was tempted to rate this 4 stars because I do better in warm colors and these are mostly cool. But if I ignore that fact.....this is definately a 5. A few things to point out, these colors are pretty sheer (except stilleto) and they are matte to low shimmer. If you are wanting a glittery punch of color this is not for you. But since the name of the palette is NAKED all of the colors are spot on.
You could do 3 very simple looks just as the easy to follow instruction cards suggest, or you can mix and match anywhere in the palette you choose. Today, I did a look with 7 out of the 9 colors and I love it. It provides a very polished almost hollywood movie starlet look without being too overboard--very work friendly.
As usual my con about this kit, just like their natural palette kit, is the rediculously bulky box--no way that thing fits in my purse--and the useless brush that is included.

on 7/18/2010 9:29:00 PM

I own two sets of Too Faced's Natural Eye Kit, so I bought the Naked Eye Kit right away. Unfortunately, I found that the colors were rather dull/flat. To be fair, perhaps this kit wasn't for me since many of the shades are matte (which I do not care for) and I may have been expecting too much color pay-off from a kit that is marketed to provide a naked eye. Still, if you are looking for a neutral eye I would strongly suggest the Natural Eye Kit (see my other review).

I would like to compliment Too Faced, though, on its development of wearable eyeshadow kits and the inclusion of how-to flashcards in the kits. This company seems to be meeting the needs of its customers - regular gals like me that are not makeup artists but have a desire to learn (and look good!).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a Collection of Beautiful Colors. Similar too thier "Natural eye kit".

"in the buff" is a sheer bone,
"Pillow Talk" is a Taupe color,
"Like a Virgin" a dark taupe,
"Birthday Suit" a shimmery tan,
"Satin Sheets" a gorgeous shimmery pink,
"Unmentionables" a Shimmery Gunmetal color,
"Pink Cheeks" a shimmery light peach,
"Lap Dance" a gorgeous shimmery Chocolatey color
"Stiletto" a matte black.

So far i love this product! Like the natural eye kit, this one also comes with 3 cards that teach you the different looks; "Day", "Classic", and "Fashion".

on 7/30/2010 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Wow! I'm surprised that:
1. There's not that many reviews for this
2. The rating (as of July 30th) is only 3!

I loved TF Natural eye kit, and this is no exception! This is great for someone who has neutral-cool skin tone and is looking for a work-appropriate palette that is easily transferred into a night palette!

This has 9 colours (with super cute kinky names) that have great pigmentation and texture (especially the mattes, omg sooo soft!).

I've had 3 days to play with this and I'm in love! No more weird glittery shadow like the Neutral eye palette, just soft, matte, satin, shimmery shadows. I've been very impressed with the pigmentation.
In the buff is a great vanilla colour. Perfect for a matte highlight, Stiletto is a great true black (matte), satin sheets is a beautiful wearable peachy-gold. Oh and Lap Dance is an amazing shimmery taupe. Gorgeous!

I consider this to be a complete palette because you have: a great selection of lid colours, crease colours, and two great highlighter (I consider Birthday Suit to be too dark to be an highlighter for me).

Only downside: packaging is a bit bulky considering that I won't use the applicators provided. The sponge-tip is useless, the angle brush could be an acceptable eyeliner brush if you want to use Stiletto wet.

All in all, I would not hesitate to recommend this palette to someone looking for a neutral palette with a kick!