Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB, Light/Medium

3.2

on 6/18/2012 5:00:00 PM

I bought this because I'm going on a camping trip, and I want to bring as least makeup as possible. I knew I wouldn't really have the patience to apply my regular foundation (revlon colourstay) on a campground, so I decided to try this out. This is the first time I've tried a BB cream, and I hadn't really had high hopes for this one, but it's actually pretty good! I have rosacea and dry skin, but this tones down the redness enough that I could get away with wearing a little bit of concealer and that's it. It's cheap and the packaging is cute, and it's perfect for those days when you don't wan't to wear lot's of makeup. The finish is natural-dewy, and when it dries it feels very light, like you have nothing on. I'll definatley repurchase for next summer :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product purely on the fact that the shade 'light' was such a good match for my skin tone in the shop. Its a very sheer coverage so I only wear it when I want to look like I'm wearing no makeup (which is ok for most days for me). I have plenty of blemishes so I do have to add concealer and I add powder to set it a bit. this combo looks nice and fresh but not 'made up'.
The most surprising thing I noticed was after using this for about 4 days it actually made my skin look better when I took it off. Not in a super-dramatic way but I had less dry bits and some of my spots were healing up.
In general, Im impressed with this for such a cheap product.

on 6/15/2012 4:48:00 PM

Got this in Light. Overall I think this is an amazing product!
Pros: I know people complained its coverage being too sheer... it covered my pores and added a nice tint for me which is perfect for light days!
Not drying at all!! It didn't accentuate my flakies which every base product does on me! Love this :)

Cons: SPF 30 is total bs because it has only 1.15% titanium dioxide and nothing else....
I am super pale... NC10... So this is at least half a shade too dark for me... Not super obvious but I can tell a difference by my neck. Should work for NC15-20
In conclusion, I can't repurchase this cause of my paper white skin, not issues with the product itself. Ciao!

on 6/14/2012 7:04:00 AM

One of the best budget brand tinted moisturisers I have tried. it goes on smoothly without streaks and blends into my skin. Perfect for a day when I do not want to be bothered with MU but want a bit of colour. I use the lightest one which is perfect for my milk white skin. It has the added advantage of being 30spf and does not cause breakouts. This is more than can be said for many really expensive day creams - Chanel are you listening? I will repurchase.

Apart from calling this a BB cream when it's very clearly a tinted moisturizer, this is not a bad product at all. A lot of TMs are too orange for my pale skin and this one was totally fine. It glides on very smoothly and offers a mild touch of radiance, which is great for days when I want lighter makeup. It'll brighten up mild redness, offers decent sun protection, moisturizes well, and is quite cheap. It lacks any anti-aging properties or other long-term skin improvements, but it is still a great product.

That being said anyone familiar with Asian BB creams should stay far away from this. It is not a real BB cream by any standard. As it is now, a good BB cream has yet to hit drugstore counters. But if you want a tinted moisturizer this is fantastic!

I have heard so much hype about BB creams that i thought what the heck, and bought this as the price was good. As the others say I doubt this is a BB cream, and the colour is far too dark for my almost vampire-white skin. I will stick to my usual rare white foundation and sunscreen. I will not be buying this again. Too dark and orangey.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

The was my first encounter with BB Creams - I had never heard of them before, and Maybelline had launched this cream in Germany with a single shade, called "Universal Glow".

I was interested in the product primarily because of it's oil-free formula and SPF30, and while the product tested rather orange, it blended in really well on the back of my hand in the shop. I figured - for about 8 euros, no harm in giving it a whirl. Unfortunately, the color which blended well on the back of my hand did not blend in well on my face. No amount of rubbing, smoothing and buffing would tone down the bright orange color (which only became more orange as the day went on).

The formula is really nice and at SPF30 without oil, this would be a great summer BB cream if it didn't make me look like a jack-o-lantern. Other European countries retail a whole shade range for this BB cream, so I might try and get a tube on eBay. But as far as this "Universal Glow" shade is concerned, maybe for Halloween.

on 6/7/2012 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my new favourite Western drugstore BB cream! It comes in a little squeeze bottle. It's nothing really special, but it's hygienic and rather cute. I've been using it for over a week and haven't gotten any breakouts from it. Actually I think my skin looks better than it did before!

The coverage is very sheer, but the colour (light-medium in my case) matches my skin perfectly. It covers redness and blurs pores and minor imperfections. The texture of the cream is lovely - more gel than cream actually. It spreads nicely, hydrates well and absorbs into the skin without leaving a residue. I also love that this has SPF 30. Sadly this has zero oil control, so I still need to set it with powder. Overall, this product is great for low-key days and weekends, especially for its price. I will definitely be repurchasing!