Maybelline New York Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream

Maybelline New York Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB, Light/Medium

3.2

This is pretty much everything I've been looking for in a foundation or tinted moisturizer. Every foundation I've tried in the past is either too much coverage and looks mask-y, would oxidize, would be too shiny, or would become separated and splotchy looking. I'm a broke college student so high end foundations usually aren't an option. Recently I haven't been wearing foundation at all because I don't have problem skin and I'd rather wear nothing than wear a foundation that does what I mentioned above. I thought I'd sworn off on wearing foundation, but I've been keeping my eye out for this since I'd read some good reviews about it. When I saw it at my local CVS I decided to try it. Luckily there were tester bottles of each shade, and I chose medium after seeing that it blended perfectly into the skin on my hand. I was a little skeptical about applying it before work since I was in a rush and would be quickly applying it with my fingers. Application turned out to be really simple, especially since the packaging is a squeeze tub. The formula has the texture of a mix between a lotion and gel and it was very easy to spread. Like I said I was applying it in a hurry, but it blended very easily, and the finger application left no streaks. It felt like I was just putting on face lotion. The first thing I noticed was that the coverage was very sheer, which is what I've been looking for. It was a little shiny, but I always set my foundation with a matte bronzer, and that completely fixed it. This gave just enough coverage that my skin tone looked more even and the redness on my chin was practically unnoticeable. I was glad to see that my freckles across my nose still showed through since my boyfriend complains when my makeup covers them up =P Basically, it makes your skin look like your skin but better. There's no masky-ness to this what so ever. I applied it about 7 hours ago and it still looks freshly applied. No oxidation! My t-zone tends to get oily, especially in the summer, but this really seems to have done a good job of keeping oil at bay. But I do work in an air conditioned office so I'll do an update if that changes after a hot day outside! I was also happy to find that the sunscreen didn't give the formula a greasy or shiny finish. The finish is dewey without being shiny--it's like a matte dewiness if that makes sense! It gives the skin a nice glow, like the skin is lit from within. It looks the way foundation looks after it "sets" into the skin after a few hours, but you don't have to wait for this to set. Anyone looking for medium to full coverage to cover blemishes or scars probably wouldn't like this, but if you just need something to even out your skin tone and give your blush, concealer, etc. a base to stick to and give them more lasting power, I don't think you'd be disappointed with this product. If you're on the fence about trying this out, buy it from CVS--they'll take it back even if it's been opened and used
EDIT: said I would update after wearing for a full day outside in the heat, and I'm glad to say that it did not oxidize on me or turn me into an oil slick. Obviously it'll look even better if you stay in the air conditioning all day, but it really does hold up well in heat and humidity. If I wear for more than six or so hours on a hot day I do normally need to blot my face.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I wear NW30 in MAC foundations. To be on the safe side, I decided to purchase the Light/Medium shade. When it first went on, it appeared a bit light on my face. However, after it had set, I noticed that it looked darker. As, it had oxidized on my face.

This product is no more than a tinted moisturizer labeled as a BB cream. It does not provide the same coverage as most traditional Asian BB creams offer. Also, since I have been wearing it, I don't think that it has been doing anything amazing for my skin either.

I do like that it provides a sun protection factor of 30. It is fairly easy to apply (whether you opt to use your fingers or a brush). And, it is doesn't have any added fragrance to, which is about one of the only things I liked about this product),

I have combination-to-oily skin. I cannot wear this product alone (w/o powder on top). Which is why, I always apply a finishing powder over top of it, to help control shine. Otherwise, my face will actually look shinier quicker with just this product on and nothing else over it.

If you are looking for a tinted moisturizer to wear (either on a daily basis while the weather is hot out or to simply give your skin a rest from regular foundation), then I would recommend giving this product a try. Like all makeup products, there will always be some people who end up liking a product. And, then,there will always be others who don't. I am one of those who in no way see this product as worthy of being called a BB cream and it totally does nothing to live up to its claims.

I do recommend buying this from a place that allows you to return opened/used makeup (if the product doesn't work for you). This way, you can always get your money back, if you don't end up liking it.

on 6/26/2012 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

It's a shame as the colour match of 'medium' looks really nice on my skin and on the two occasions I wore this I got compliments. But, I'm a super shiny face lady within a couple of hours of wearing this. I tried it on bare skin with Maybelline Matte Powder over the top and it made no difference.

I'd normally give a product longer than 2 tries before making a review, but I'm not going to wear this again so I thought I might as well post it.

It goes on smoothly and gives a light coverage. I've got acne scarring and discolouration but I'm fed up of thick coverage that looks cakey and unnatural. I'd rather some marks show through and although you could see them, my overall face was 'evened' out so much that it looked really nice.

I might try this with milk of magnesia underneath but otherwise I can't wear this. Such a shame. I'm a light-mid olive colour by the way. Number 53 in Bourjois Healthy Mix and the 'Medium' was a lovely match. It was about 7.99 in Boots for 30mls, which I thought wasn't a great deal but was ok.

on 6/26/2012 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I just found this for about $9 CAD and after seeing it has SPF 30 I decided to grab it.
I have very pale skin, but in the summer slightly less so, still the 'light' color was very orange and slightly too dark on me.
This offers a very sheer tint and is surprisingly moisturizing. I have dry skin and it gave me a very dewy look. I had to set with powder since it felt sticky. Reminded me of MAC face and body ftdn.
It was an ok product but I ended up returning because it irritated my skin :( It does have methylisothiazolinone in it, which I think is the culprit.
If you have very pale, oily or sensitive skin avoid this but otherwise it might work for you if you are looking for a sheer tinted moisturizer.

on 6/25/2012 10:35:00 PM

I was hearing alot of hype about these new western style "BB Creams" so I thought if try one. I'm not one for investing alot of money in makeup that I've never tried before so when I saw this of for $8.99 in Walgreens, I snatched it up! Let me start off saying one thing, "Whoa." I heard that BB's are very sheer with light coverage, which was what I was looking for on sunny hot summer days. The color and coverage is just enough to where redness is diluted enough to be almost invisible and it made the giant pores on my nose almost diminish! It's Oil- free which I love for my oily skin, and SPF 30 for my delicate skin! I think I have a winner here! Though alot say it doesn't compare to Eastern BB's, which I believe to be more thick and creamy, not so gel like. To me it's whichever you prefer!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been anticipating the launch of this bb cream since April and was so excited when I saw it in stores this past week. I purchased it from shoppers drug mart for 11.99 $CAD. Which is alright I guess.
The consistency is not too thick and it blends evenly into the skin without any streaks. And also when I applied it I noticed that throughout the day my skin didn't flaky like it normally does with my other foundation. So that made me happy, it looked like it was my skin and I didn't pack a ton of makeup on my face. Now granted the coverage isn't all that great, it's sheer, like most tinted moisturizers and provides less coverage than other bb creams on the market.
I did not set it with powder which I probably should have done, so I had a somewhat dewy finish after 4-5 hours. But not to the point of total greaseball.
So if you are looking for something that is lightweight,sheer coverage,hydrating and spf protection then I would recommend it. However it will not cover up any acne flare ups,hyperpigmentation, etc. I leave that to my concealer to do anyways. So it just depends what your preferences are and just adjusting it to work for you :)

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I am a BB Cream freak, so when I found out Maybelline was releasing a BB cream in Canada/North America, I had to go out and buy it. Sadly, it did not meet my BB cream expectations. In the tester tubes, the consistency was really nice and felt like a bb cream, but once I got home and started using the actual tube of bb cream, it was awful! The consistency is much more liquidy than a tinted moisturizer. I tried it out today, and it gave me a very light coverage, which i am okay with, but i expected it to be much thicker, like the smashbox bb cream or garnier one (or just any other asian brand!). This comes in 5 different shades (light, light/medium, medium, medium/dark, and dark). I got the shade medium and it perfectly matches my skin tone, which got me even more excited when I was at the store. The price was alright.. it was $11.99 (on sale). It was surprising that the amount of product in the tube is the same as smashbox's, however, this price was only 1/5 of the smashbox one, which was a total win! Something that I really hated about this bb cream was that the pacakging was awful. I removed the little tab covering up the hole for the product to dispense and the product non-stop flowed out and I couldn't stop it. It eventually stopped so I put the cap back on. The next day, the product was leaking inside the cap. The packaging is just really messy! I might consider buying this product again, but the chances are low.

on 6/25/2012 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been interested in trying a BB cream, but didn't want to spend $35 on the Smashbox one or $13 for the Garnier kind. Instead, I bought this Maybelline BB cream...$6.63 at Bed Bath and Beyond.

Originally, I heard BB creams were greasy and with oily skin that wasn't going to work for me. The Maybelline Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB cream is oil-free, so I liked that. But this is really just a tinted moisturizer. It provides zero coverage (even tinted moisturizer gives you a tiny bit of coverage). I'll use what I have, but I won't be buying this again.

on 6/21/2012 8:04:00 PM

It was 8.95 in Canada, really heavy, gives pretty good coverage, lasts, needs to be set. Don't reccommend.

on 6/19/2012 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

I originally posted this review to the Clearglow BB Cream. I still use this product . It is beginning to get hot and humid in in NYC and this product still holds up. The only caveat; in photos with flash your face will look very shiny/sparkly almost like you are wearing mineral makeup, minus 1 lippie for that.

Original Review:
I purchased this product in England for 7.99 GBP which is about 13.00 USD A bit expensive but I hadn't seen this in the US and they actually had a Dark shade in stock. Also, the UK and Europe restricts many ingredients in the use of skincare and cosmetics, so this product may be vastly different from US version, if they decide to distribute here.
8 benefits listed a/p the label:
5 blurs inperfections
6 oil free, non-greasy
7 looks visibly smooth
8 feels fresh
This product does what it says. Honestly, I'm quite surprised as I consider Maybelline to be on the lower end of drugstore cosmetics. I have been using this for two weeks now and I prefer it to the Smashbox BB cream. It feels light, blends smoothly over my moisturiser and highlighter, melts nicely as the day goes on and doesn't cause the 3 o'clock greasy face. I've also noticed that the quality of my skin tone and texture are vastly improved while wearing, even though it is very sheer coverage. My skin is not horrible, but at my age I'm concerned about uneven tone and mild scars left by pimples, this product does blur them and feels very good on my skin, it also doesn't cake into smile and forehead lines and does not clog my pores. If released in the US I will purchase again.
coverage: sheer
finish: semi dewy
lasting power: quite good on my very oily skin
scent: mild
texture: gel cream like, spreads nicely
Ingredients:
aqua/water, ethylhexyl palmitate, glycerin, octyld0decanol, silica, pentylene glycol, octyldodecyl xyloside, phenoxyethanol, sodium acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethone taurate copolymer, hydrogenated lecithin, isohexadecane, hydroxyethyl, acrylate/ sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate, copolymer, peg - 30, diplohydroxystearate, sodium dehydroacetate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl, hydroxyhydrocinnamate, caprylyl glycol, disodium edta, citirc acid, polysorbate 80, potassium sorbate, propylene glycol, methylisothiazolinone, chamonolla retcuitta extract/matricaria flower extract, aloe barbadensis extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, may contain c177891/titanium dioxide, c177491, c177492, c177499/iron oxides