Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette

Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette
Shade and Light Eye Contour PaletteShade and Light Eye Contour Palette

4.6

Cannot even begin to describe how much I love this!! My skin tone ranges between neutral and cool so the fact that this has neutral, cool, and warm shades is awesome!! Kat Von D is the best for thinking of all skin tones! Because of my skin tone, it is sometimes hard to find a good transition shade or crease shade that does not have shimmer in it. Have used this every single day since I purchased it (which was a couple of weeks ago). The shades are easy to blend. A tiny complaint would be that the shades are a little powdery but that only translates on my brush. There is no fallout on my face when I tap my brush. Hope that makes any sense. Lol. Overall, best matte palette I have ever used and will buy again!

on 7/5/2015 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Love love love love LOVE. This is my favorite matte palette. I like it better than the Tarte Tartelette palette, which I was in love with before I purchased this one. The eyeshadows in the Kat Von D palette are so buttery, pigmented, and amazing. There are some unique shades for an all matte, neutral palette, the taupe and the reddy-brown are beautiful and I don't think I have anything quite like those in my extensive palette collection. I don't even know what else to say besides go buy this immediately.

on 7/2/2015 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HG everyday natural palette. The colour payoff is nice and it's very suitable for people who don't like shimmer or frost finish but still want to create depth for their eyes. The powder is very fine and it's very blendable to create a soft look.

The combinations are more versatile than you would imagine, there are quite a number of brown shades, but you can tell they are totally different by swatching. And the quads with different tones will suit almost every person.

Will definitely recommend to both people who are new or experienced to makeup.

So gorgeous. Have been using this palette like crazy everyday with UD eye primer underneath. The shadows blend out very easily for me personally. Beautiful selection for all skin tones and shade preferences (:

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I never, ever thought I would buy an all matte palette. Although I'm way past that "magical" (or arbitrary) age where it's decreed that we should no longer wear shimmer, I wear shimmer, sheen, frost and shine all the time - I love it and it actually looks more youthful and brightening than many matte shadows, which can look dull, dry and aging sometimes. I was also iffy about this palette because, like previous reviewer, "Lanayyy", I am cool toned, and like her, I felt one third of the palette looked very warm - too warm for my colouring. But then I saw this in the store and was instantly hooked. Not only are the 2 other "quads" wonderful, but the one I thought would be too warm is not too warm at all. As with the Monarch palette (my only other experience with KvD shadows), the texture of these is so buttery and creamy and they are SO pigmented that you only need the gentlest touch with a brush, especially with the darker shades. I only gave this 4 lippies (I'd give 4.5 if I could) because I can't help feeling that one shimmery shadow in here would be really welcome but I realize I'm splitting hairs. I would still repurchase this in a heartbeat.

on 6/18/2015 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A pet peeve I have with eye shadow palettes is the ratio of lid color to contour color. The lighter allover lid color is always the winner with few (sometimes only 1) deeper contour shades. This palette is perfect. The shadows are pigmented & creamy for powder shadows. They blend beautifully and the colors are right on. Can't say enough good things about Kat Von D shadows (I own a few palettes). Her art background really comes into play with her makeup line.
Have fun playing :-)

on 6/18/2015 12:02:00 AM

I love this product! I am a huge fan of hers! The only issue is there is a lot of waste when putting my eye shadow brush into it. It's seems to have some fallout. But the eye shadows go on so smooth and you definitely do not need to use much of it. I have her face contour pallette so of course I had to buy this one too!

on 6/2/2015 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I went into Sephora just to browse and walked out with this palette on a whim. I felt a bit of buyers remorse on the way home, thinking 'Why the heck did I buy another neutral palette?!' But honestly, I am so glad I did! This has become my daily palette and I am so in love with it. The formula of these shadows are extremely pigmented (even the lightest shades!!), go on smooth, like velvet as another reviewer said, blends effortlessly, have negligible fallout, and have amazing staying power. I recently purchased KVD high voltage primer and the shadows pair wonderfully with it. You can create countless looks and the shadows are already separated into quads ranging from cool, neutral and warm tones. I mostly stick to the cool and neutral as I am very fair and have cool toned skin, but the shades in the warm quad are great for switching up with the other two quads when you get bored. I'm very impressed with this palette, it has exceeded my expectations and definitely squashed all of the buyers remorse I left the store with. My only complaint is the packaging, I don't think this would travel well at all. That being said I would definitely repurchase!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I think it's a paradox of choice thing, but once I purchase a palette, I just stare at it and try to figure out what to do with it. I get overwhelmed, I'm never sparked with creativity and I end up getting frustrated and never using them.

Because of those reasons, I adore this palette.

This palette is absolutely fool-proof. I love how it's laid out into clear, easy to use quads. I love that even between the quads, the shades go very well together. I love that they blend together easily because I am still an eyeshadow beginner for all intents and purposes. I have worn this palette in some fashion every day since purchasing it either as my whole look, as an accent, for blending shades or as eyeliner.

I don't think that the shades swatch as well as they actually apply to the eye. I always use a primer (Wet n Wild Fergie) and I do find that these are quite pigmented and easy to work with. I have pretty hooded eyes so having this many matte options are great. I also like that the highlight shades do have a subtle sheen to them. They add the option of layering them with the other shades for some satin shades, to use them as lid shades that pop or for their intended purpose as a highlight.

The packaging is nice, it's sturdy and weighty. It definitely feels substantial in the hand. It has a large mirror and, though it doesn't stand up on it's own, it's completely useable. It may be a bit large to travel with but I still do have my Naked Basics palette for that.

on 5/12/2015 8:28:00 PM

I was a little reluctant to purchase this palette at first, but I am so glad I did.

This palette is so versatile, and the colours are gorgeous. There are 3 quads in total: A warm quad, a cool quad and a neutral quad. You can create a look using one of the three quads or by using the palette as a whole. It also comes with a little guide to show you how to create 3 different looks, which I thought was helpful and a nice touch.

I found the quality of this palette to be very good. By swiping my finger in a colour once and doing a swatch on my arm (no primer), the colour was very pigmented, as if I had gone back and forth on the colour multiple times. In addition, there was also very little fallout, and it blended beautifully!

The first time I used this palette, I used a combo of colours from the entire palette instead of just one quad. The lasting power of these shadows was incredible. After I was done my foundation, I used the e.l.f. eyeshadow primer and then applied my eyeshadow. It was such a hot, humid and muggy day. I definitely was sweating, but my shadows never creased. I applied my makeup around 3:30 p.m. and when I went to wash my face at 12:30 a.m. It still looked flawless!

My only complaint about this product is the packaging. It comes in fairly sturdy cardboard packaging, but I, for one, am just not a fan of this. Eyeshadows are so delicate and can easily be smashed or crumble. I would have way rather have seen this palette come in packaging similar to the Naked Palettes.