Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette

Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette
Shade and Light Eye Contour PaletteShade and Light Eye Contour Palette

4.6

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This palette is essential I think in anyone's makeup collection. Even if you're not a collector, It has all the basic matte, neutral shades for blending and transition. I was worried that since I have both UD basic palettes that there would be dupes but the only dupe would be the black and maybe the cream colored shades which I think you can never have enough of since those I use daily. The price of the palette is amazing since you get a lot of product and because it's so smooth and pigmented it'll last you a while, if not years. I love how Kat divided them into different tones quads. You have neutral, cool, and warm. You can mix and match and get use out of all of them. I love it. I totally recommend!

on 4/11/2015 12:41:00 PM

I've been using this Shade + Light Eye Palette by Kat Von D for the past few days and so far I'm really impressed! First of all let me mention exactly what kind of palette this is so you know exactly what to expect if you purchase it. It's a palette of basic matte shades (one or two have the teeniest hint of sheen to them) of cream, beige, brown and black. Pretty much along the lines of the Urban Decay Naked Basics palettes, although there are no dupes between the two so if you have those you could definitely invest in this Kat Von D palette and not be disappointed. Some of the shades in the Kat Von D palette are slightly warmer in tone so that makes a nice contrast to the cooler tones also available in the same palette.

Quality wise these are comparable to her other shadows, maybe not quite up to par with the Urban Decay shadows but pretty close. They wear and stay well with a good eyeshadow primer and are relatively easy to blend and get a great, natural look with. The packaging is nice too, maybe a bit dull compared to her Monarch and Chrysalis palettes but understandable due to the type of palette and it's extremely sturdy and has a good mirror. Oh, this also comes with a great application guide!

Overall I'm extremely impressed with this palette and definitely recommend it, especially if you don't have anything similar. It can be a great addition to your makeup collection. LOVE!!!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials