Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

on 9/13/2002 3:40:00 PM

I was SO excited to try this after reading all of the rave reviews. I ordered #2 from Saks in NY (who does not charge S&H, by the way!)and it was too light, so I re-ordered #4, which was the perfect color for my light/medium yellowish skin. I have tried everything I can to make this foundation work on my oily skin, but no matter what I do it looks chalky and flaky. I will be going back to my Chantecaille Future Skin, which is worth the extra $15.

on 9/10/2002 9:50:00 AM

I've tried a couple of liquid foundations, but always went back to powder formulations, as I could just never get the liquid ones to work for me. Until now, that is! This foundation is unbelievably easy to apply, even for someone like me. I squeeze the pump once into my hand, dot foundation across my face and blend with a damp sponge. If I need more coverage, I apply what's left on my hand with the sponge. I've also tried it without the sponge. It works, but I get foundation all over my fingers, so I prefer to use the sponge. This foundation blends easily into my skin, without the usual smudging and smearing that I've been used to. It leaves my skin with a natural-looking finish, somewhere between matte and dewy. My skintone is perfectly even and I hardly even need to use my Skin Retouch concealer. A quick application of powder and I'm good to go. I usually use this for going out in the evenings, but I've also applied it in the morning when I've a whole day out, and it lasted perfectly (even through getting my hair washed!). It is quite pricey, but I think it is totally worth it for the results, and a bottle of foundation lasts a long time with me. Thank you Mr. Armani, for restoring my faith in foundation!

on 9/7/2002 11:16:00 PM

Beeeeeeeeeyuuuutiful foundation- i think i found my holy grail! ever since i started using Differin, my skin has been ultra sensitive and most other foundations that were fine for me before started to sting when i put it on! but the LSF did not sting, or emphasise dry patches but left a smooth, flawless finish! the price is quite good too, it's $74 in Australia, which is cheaper than VLWC (my previous holy grail) and will probably last a long time, seeing as you only need a tiny amount for good coverage. the packaging is fabulous, simple and elegant and i can't wait to try other products from this range!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Update: Finally found the right color. I am number 5 in this foundation, NC20 in MAC. This color makes all of the difference. And it helps to have the right sunscreen base under this. So I no longer feel like the biggest loser.

I am in the minority here and cannot get this foundation to work for me. First I was given #4 for my skin which initially looked pretty good on but then after a couple of hours turned muddy looking on my skin. Exchanged it for the #2 which again looked pretty good on my skin. But again my face looked muddy as the day went on. Why? This foundation seems to settle in any fine lines I have and highlights dry areas on my face. I've tried different application techniques, different sunscreens underneath, mixing the LSF with the sheer highlighters--nothing helps to make this look better on my skin. WAAAAAAHHHHHH!

on 8/30/2002 11:37:00 AM

I have a very tough time finding foundations that are the right color as I'm very pale and need a very neutral color (not pink, not yellow). I am trying a sample of LSF#2 and am amazed by the color match. I have tried applying this with both fingers and a foundation brush, and either works (I prefer a brush). It is easy to layer this foundation, though I find I have to work quickly as it is thin and dries quickly. It leaves a beautiful and undetectable finish on my skin and doesn't change color at all. I'm impressed and will probably buy this when my sample runs out. It does have a slight "industrial" scent that might bother some, but the scent disappears almost immediately.

BTW, many have compared this to Vincent Longo Liquid Canvas...I have that but don't like it as much as the Armani...it just doesn't leave the same perfect finish as the LSF.

on 8/19/2002 12:50:00 PM

This stuff is pretty nice. After dumping my Laura Mercier product (I found it too thick and masklike - I like a more sheer, natural look), I found this. I wouldn't say it makes my face luminous, but it has a very natural finish and is sheer enough for my liking. The bottle, though, does irritate me - too much product glops out at once which means a lot of wastage!

on 8/18/2002 11:11:00 PM

Nice foundation, but not quite holy grail material. this is very similar to VL healthy skin foundation. Buildable medium coverage foundation--I didn't get the dewy look with this even though my skin was a bit on teh oily side and it was humid, but it covered well--a bit too much for me.

on 8/17/2002 3:35:00 AM

This is *really* nice. The foundation gives a light-medium coverage and blends so easily, leaving a smooth layer on the skin. I have combination skin and this doesn't slip off or accentuate my dry cheeks. It also lasted through the entire evening of partying, and doesn't break me out!

Gorgeous product!
I'm PX sheer vellum, VLWC creme beige and #4 matches my skin perfectly.

This just melts into the skin (no sign that you're wearing foundatio), with coverage and dewy finish.
I love the packaging too, hygenic and makes the product last longer.

on 7/26/2002 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Im in love! After searching Lancome, Clinique, Estee Lauder, MAC, CHANEL, Prescriptives, and Bobbi Brown, Ive finally found a foundation light enough for my skin color! I am shade #1 (#0 is white, used to lighten other foundations) and it blends so well that you cant even tell im wearing makeup! ahhhh, my search for the perfect foundation is finally over. HG!