Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

on 1/28/2003 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product! It didn't break my sensitive skin out (though I've heard this can break people out!) and is easy to apply and blend, giving you a smooth finish. It comes in a hygenic, easy-to-use pump bottle and I find one little pump is slightly more than enough especially cos' it gives medium coverage but yet it does not ever look mask-like. No SPF or specific oil-control in this product. It doesn't make me too oily/shiny though but I do use a good oil-control loose powder, maybe that is why. Some may also find that the regulating the pump can sometimes mess up around the nozzle but minor issue to me, given how this foundation works for me!
This foundation gives me a natural, clean, my-skin-but-better look, helping me achieve a flawless complexion that is smooth and velvety to look and touch. Excellent coverage that doesn't look cakey or mask-like, so natural and flawless! As many thumbs up on this as possible! :)
ETA: I bought 6 at first but it turned to be waaay too yellow/ashy looking on me. I'm 5.5 now! 5 is a bit too yellow.

Very easy to blend, stays on well, nice packaging, what more can I say, this product is amazing and highly recommended.

on 1/18/2003 7:55:00 PM

One of my favourites. Fantastic finish. Leaves skin with an immaculate, delicate and pretty appearance. Wonderful.

on 1/16/2003 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the best foundation I have ever used, and I have tried everything out there. I had Saks SF send me samples, and #4 was an exact match. nice and neutral, not too pink or too yellow. It has an amazing, smooth texture, blends like a dream, and feels like nothing on. It is the ultimate your skin but better foundation. I have normal skin, occasional dryness, very occasional breakouts, often sensitive skin and this has caused no problems-feels better on than any other foundation - may not be suitable for those with oily skin-better if you tend towards dryness. Even Paula Begoun (www.cosmeticscop.com)
gave a rave review of this -check out the excerpts from her 6th edition of "Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me" This is a great foundation.

on 1/12/2003 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Ok, this is my new HG! I called and ordered some samples from Saks NYC and was sent samples of #2, #3,#4, and #5. # 4 turned out to be the best match. I vary between a MAC NC30 (summer) and NC20 (winter). #4 was actually a bit light, so when I ordered, I got #4, and #5.5 (#5 was a bit too orangy). I mix the two depending on my current coloring (I try to keep a bit of a self-tan on).

Wear is terrific. I have combo/oily/acne prone skin that is starting to look its age (38). This imparts a nice luminescence that isn't dewy...more like matte with a bit of a glow. I'll put it on, sometimes over Smashbox primer, and it lasts all day without sinking into my pores. Rave!!!

on 1/2/2003 9:40:00 PM

This is the best foundation I have ever used and I've tried a ton! I have repurchased this three times since I've discovered it and I don't ever even think about trying a new foundation. I'm glad it doesn't have spf since I'm really sensitive so I hope they don't change the formula. I love it mostly for the nice yellow based color that matches my skin perfectly and the natural look that it gives.

on 12/27/2002 2:44:00 PM

I tried this in the shade #2. I normally have clear normal to dry skin but this product broke me out terribly!

on 12/21/2002 6:10:00 AM

I'm really liking this foundation. I haven't broken out once in the week and a half I have been using it and, wonder of wonders, the #3 shade matches my skin color exactly. As the other reviewers have said, it goes on very nicely without the compromise of turning greasy on the face after 10 minutes. A terrific foundation overall, I might even call it my favourite. ***EDITED TO SAY*** I've been using this foundation for a month now and all I can add to my previous review is that if possible, I love the LSF even more. I used to apply foundation and spend nearly 10 minutes trying to get it to look natural. Now, I just put some on and go... completely secure that I look flawless.

on 12/20/2002 3:24:00 PM

This is one of my top three favorite foundations. I love the finish this offers and the coverage is just right. Its a very innovative formula that glides on like, well, silk and maintains a nice satiny finish without looking greasy or cakey. It evens up the skin tone and blends out evenly with no streaking. For color reference, I am a MAC C3, Stila D, RMK 103, and I wear the #6 in Armani.

on 12/16/2002 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Well, I have had a strange journey with this foundation. I tried it in #1 several months ago and HATED it. Although I'm super PPP, this was too light, a weird color, and too shimmery. It looked mask-like. At a recent event, I got a makeover and tried again. Pat McGrath herself was there and she mixed shade #2 with Fluid Sheer #2 and applied it lightly with a foundation brush. Gorgeous! So sheer and natural looking, but it made my skin look flawless. I agree with Bastet. PPPs should try #2 if 1 doesn't work. This is a lovely foundation in almost every way.